Community college seen as a must

Full story: GoErie.com 17
Rich Gross and his consulting company have produced a report recommending that a community college should be created in northwest Pennsylvania. Full Story
hkp

Edinboro, PA

#1 Apr 4, 2009
No comments on this article? Everyone is too busy trying to get another job to pay the taxes so we can bloat some consultants bank account. PUT THIS ON THE BALLOT!!
EC citizen

Harborcreek, PA

#2 Apr 4, 2009
I thought the same thing - no comments to this relevant article? The issue of funding, when posed by the residents, was diverted at the meeting by the facilitator. And it seems that we don't get to vote on this issue - it doesn't get on the ballot - so let's let our County Council repr's know how we feel & that our wallets are thinner than ever...
Susan

AOL

#3 Apr 4, 2009
A community college in Erie County is a ridiculous notion. As far as the "consulting company's" recommendation that we need a community college, let me say this. I believe consultants recommend whatever the group hiring them wants the consultant group to find.
bingo

United States

#4 Apr 4, 2009
M aybe they should build it at the tom ridge center or next to the new tire burning plant.
ErieSux

Monroeville, PA

#5 Apr 4, 2009
Whatever happened to the convention center? Is it bankrupt yet?

Since: Apr 09

Erie

#6 Apr 4, 2009
This topic had around 10 responses to it this morning when I last checked it, including one by me. It seems that ALL of those and probably more were somehow deleted between then and now.

Since: Apr 09

Erie

#7 Apr 4, 2009
Actually, the discussion is still there--just under the heading "New college seen as a must."
porchswing wrote:
This topic had around 10 responses to it this morning when I last checked it, including one by me. It seems that ALL of those and probably more were somehow deleted between then and now.
Another voice

United States

#8 Apr 4, 2009
Look down the page...they're still there,

Since: Feb 08

NW Pa

#9 Apr 4, 2009
I think Northwest Pennsylvania could use a community college, but I don't think Erie County needs one. It would be a good thing if one could be built in eastern Crawford County where it could be easily accessed by Warren, Forest and Venango County residents as well.

Erie already has enough colleges.
inquiring mind

United States

#10 Apr 4, 2009
We should attempt to get Rich Gross's company's consulting record. Have they all proved to be successful? What is their success to failure ratio? And whoever said that the consultant usually favors those who pay him - hence, Erie County Government. I can see it now. Consruction by Roth-Marz (Leone as a consultant) concrete by Montagna Bros (Pasquale's cousins) electric by NEWCO (another Pasquale connection) and lunches supplied by Anita DiVecchios catering service (Pizza Boy's sister) What a system...goes back to the Tullio days...who's going to plow?
Tulip Panikofsky

Erie, PA

#11 Apr 4, 2009
The forgone conclusion has arrived and validated Pizza Policy.
Reichstag Fyre

Erie, PA

#12 Apr 4, 2009
hkp wrote:
No comments on this article? Everyone is too busy trying to get another job to pay the taxes so we can bloat some consultants bank account. PUT THIS ON THE BALLOT!!
Agreed: Put this on the ballot!
Another voice

United States

#13 Apr 4, 2009
Community college could teach pizza making and pizza boy could work there as a teacher after he loses the election.
Dealmaker

Edinboro, PA

#14 Apr 5, 2009
Clements has many clients across the country for CCs. They also specialize in fund raising to build, operate and lobby for them. They offer special on going training in multiple fields relating to community collages. The real kicker is the one on how to lobby higher up elected officials to procure funds. Simply put the existence of community collages is the existence of Clements!
Paul

Maryville, TN

#15 Apr 14, 2009
People don't want a energy plant and do not want a community college, honestly where else are jobs going to come from? Having a accredited school is always a postive, erie instutite and other places are a joke and bring in a community college will put those places out of bussinesses and better train prepare people.
Big Brutha be Watchin U

Uniontown, OH

#16 Apr 14, 2009
The "study" declaring the com college a must is just more junk science from the Party that specializes in junk science.
Joy

Erie, PA

#17 Apr 14, 2009
Paul wrote:
People don't want a energy plant and do not want a community college, honestly where else are jobs going to come from? Having a accredited school is always a postive, erie instutite and other places are a joke and bring in a community college will put those places out of bussinesses and better train prepare people.
I kind of agree with you on this, Paul. With the exception of the tires-to-energy plant...why take the chance on MORE for everyone, especially when Erie Coke (and the plastics plants illegal emissions after dark)is doing it for us already???!!! It would be good to have a community college which can prepare people either for college or for jobs at a REASONABLE COST.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Figaski Resign in Shame? 9 min Long Time Millcre... 12
Clowns at the Sunflower club 1 hr bob 20
In Brief: Man to serve up to 80 years in Erie C... 5 hr Sam Colt 3
State Parole and Probation 6 hr terrylee 12
Anybody know Mike Ohara 6 hr sheniah 36
I lvsz acdc. ..letsuug me put myasz lov intouyuzsa 7 hr Doug wilsin 4
stu. you drini dia Tia... 7 hr Doug wilsin 1
Erie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web