GoErie.com: Grand jury: A fake

GoErie.com: Grand jury: A fake

There are 96 comments on the GoErie.com story from Nov 14, 2007, titled GoErie.com: Grand jury: A fake. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

A North East man who never served in war has been indicted on charges he claimed he received Army medals the government said he was never awarded.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE

Gansevoort, NY

#21 Nov 14, 2007
Mad_Spec4 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is 100% wrong. You have to be Honorably Discharged in order to recieve the discount. I worked with Dale Farr at the Chrysler Dealership that he did this at, and I can tell you that my experience as a Finance Manager, you cannot get it without being Honorably Discharged.
The sad thing is he actually believes he was a SF Captain. He told the lie so much and for so long it is now his reality.
I know Dale Farr, and I can tell you he was kicked out of the army ofter two weeks of Basic Training for fighting with another soldier. He is not deserving of any veterans preferences.
oh Mr. Farr was also never in any school in any town, any state, or any country talking about war, metals, wearing army issued under wear, nothing, never happened. Oh and Mr. Farr joined the service on December 21st, 1991 and was discharged on a "General Discharge under Honorable conditions" on are you ready??? Oct 23rd,1995(wow more than two weeks)

-Oh and hey Floyd, what year was that parade in?
-Oh and hey Mad_Spec4 Hoe is that posiblable if Mr. Farr did his basic training between his 11th and 12th grade in high school, then went back to advanced training 3 days after graduating from high school??

CAN WE PLEASE POST JUST THE FACTS
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE

Gansevoort, NY

#22 Nov 14, 2007
Mad_Spec4 wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Mr Farr marched in the Veterans Parade dressed as a CPT in the Special Forces 3 years ago. I worked with him and know him personally.
2. Mr. Farr was purchasing these phony awards and certificates online, putting them up in his office at the dealership and told everyone that came in his office that he was a purple heart recipient. As I said before, I worked with him, and his is a fact.
3. The chest in the basement??? Oh you mean the room in his house that he calls his "War Room?" Been there done that. Oh did you see the war room in his old API office he had??? And this room was full of fake certificates on the walls that he printed out himself.
4. The only incentives chrysler offers for veterans is to HONORABLY DISCHARGED veterans. I think I would know, I am a finance manager for a Chrysler Dealership.
5. Are really so retarded that you actually asked this question???
6. A collector COLLECTS, Dale Farr runs around Erie County telling tales of how he lost his leg in combat. Dale Farr was in the Army about two weeks, and was discharged for fighting in Basic Training, again, a little bit of info people that know him have. Dale Farr went to a congresswomans office and forged paperwork to get a purple heart license plate on his truck. It took the DMV about two weeks after we filed our first complaint with the FBI for them to take that from him.
You can say whatever you like about him, hell, love the guy if you want. The fact is he is a piece of S&%T that no one really cares for. I really hope he gets to rot a little in prison. That would make me happy, and I can see myself going to see him just to laugh at him while he is behind bars. Now that's justice:)
So when Mr. Farr did not appear in the video of the entire parade that was veiwed by athorities, did they just cut " A So Called WAR HERO from the footage.
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE

Gansevoort, NY

#23 Nov 14, 2007
LOOK IM NOT ON HEAR TO ARGUE

AND IM NOT SAYING I AGREE OR DISAGREE

JUST STATING THE FACTS....

THEN IF YOU "KNEW" HIM YOU WOULD KNOW HOW HE AND HIS WIFE WERE HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER AND THAT IS HOW HE LOST HIS LEG, AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT ALL THE PATIENTS HE'S HELP AT THE HOSPITAL WHO HAVE LOST A LEG IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.

IF YOU WOULD PULL HIS DD214 YOU WOULD ALSO SEE HIS TIME OF SERVICE WHICH HAPPENS TO BE FROM
21 DEC 1991 TO 23 OCT 1995. REAL FACT

HE ALSO NEVER HAD ANY AWARD CERTIFICATES IN HIS OFFICE OF ANY MEDALS. REAL FACT

AND I RECALL THE ONLY STORY OTHER THAN THE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT WAS: WHEN HE WAS DRAGGED 2 MILES BY A POLAR BEAR, AND SOMETIMES HE TOLD THE ONE ABOUT THE SHARKS. REAL FACT

AND TELL THE WORLD WHAT CONGRESS PERSON HE WENT TO?

THE PLATE WELL THAT WAS A DUMB MISTAKE. BUT THEN YOU ALSO KNOW THAT HE GAVE THAT TO THE ATTORITIES IT WASN'T TAKEN. REAL FACT

SO I ASK YOU HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW HIM??

THEN YOU ALSO NO ABOUT MR. FARRS EXTREME BOUT OF DEPRESSION. AND ALL THE MEDS THEY WERE THROUGH AT HIM AFTER THE ACCIDENT. REAL FACT

SO IF YOU KNEW HIM AS WELL AS YOU SAY, WHY NOT REACH OUT AND HELP HIM??? THATS THE REAL QUESTION!!!!

WELL????
reader 1

New Albany, OH

#24 Nov 14, 2007
Read it people wrote:
<quoted text>
If you paid attention to the article, he was in the military as well so the discount would have been given anyway.
You DO NOT get a purple heart plate for your car by being in the military. ALSO you have to have an ID card or DD214 to receive the discount. He was discharge for misconduct. The rules are different than a horonable discharge.....Maybe you should know your facts before typing off. Mr. Farr lied & cheated to try to be a military vet. It is no wonder he was discharged for misconduct.
reader 1

New Albany, OH

#25 Nov 14, 2007
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE wrote:
I thought the troops are fighting for our freedom that we are all inocent until proven guilty.
When did the media, or the people who read it become
The Judge , The Jury, and The Executioner
1) Mr. Farr was never in any parade in any town, any state, any counrty.
2) Mr. Farr has never worn or flaunted any of these said metals.
3) All the metals were taken from his home that were in the bottom of a chest in the basement.
4) Mr. Farr was in the US Army and that would qualify him for any incentives and discounts that are offered.
5) So are you telling me that anyone who has any armed forces;under wear, socks, badges, clothes, metals from the war of 1812 to the present are breaking the law.
6) so who is a collector or a law breaker????
You have know IDEA what you are talking about. More people in the ERIE area know Dale Farr and the BS that he has put out over the years. If you have been to his house he has a room of military stuff that he bought off ebay and said was HIS and he earned. Don't believe me go on ebay and look. HE has issues and they have caught up with him. He is not a bad guy but always had to big the BIG man and talk the talk and walk the walk. He WAS in parades and WENT to the school. He would show off the military coins he earned (not really did he earn them) You my friend have been fooled once again by the great DALE FARR.
reader 1

New Albany, OH

#26 Nov 14, 2007
THEN IF YOU "KNEW" HIM YOU WOULD KNOW HOW HE AND HIS WIFE WERE HIT BY A DRUNK DRIVER AND THAT IS HOW HE LOST HIS LEG, AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT ALL THE PATIENTS HE'S HELP AT THE HOSPITAL WHO HAVE LOST A LEG IN THE LAST 4 YEARS.
IF YOU WOULD PULL HIS DD214 YOU WOULD ALSO SEE HIS TIME OF SERVICE WHICH HAPPENS TO BE FROM
AND I RECALL THE ONLY STORY OTHER THAN THE MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT WAS: WHEN HE WAS DRAGGED 2 MILES BY A POLAR BEAR, AND SOMETIMES HE TOLD THE ONE ABOUT THE SHARKS. REAL FACT
THE PLATE WELL THAT WAS A DUMB MISTAKE. BUT THEN YOU ALSO KNOW THAT HE GAVE THAT TO THE ATTORITIES IT WASN'T TAKEN. REAL FACT
THEN YOU ALSO NO ABOUT MR. FARRS EXTREME BOUT OF DEPRESSION. AND ALL THE MEDS THEY WERE THROUGH AT HIM AFTER THE ACCIDENT. REAL FACT
SO IF YOU KNEW HIM AS WELL AS YOU SAY, WHY NOT REACH OUT AND HELP HIM??? THATS THE REAL QUESTION!!!!
WELL????
Wasn't he drunk himself that night? How do you help someone who doesn't want help or can not face the facts. The lies were going on before he lost his leg and if you are his friend you know that. They were not as great but still they were lies. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met but that can not make up for being lie to over & over.
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE

Gansevoort, NY

#27 Nov 14, 2007
reader 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have know IDEA what you are talking about. More people in the ERIE area know Dale Farr and the BS that he has put out over the years. If you have been to his house he has a room of military stuff that he bought off ebay and said was HIS and he earned. Don't believe me go on ebay and look. HE has issues and they have caught up with him. He is not a bad guy but always had to big the BIG man and talk the talk and walk the walk. He WAS in parades and WENT to the school. He would show off the military coins he earned (not really did he earn them) You my friend have been fooled once again by the great DALE FARR.
THIS IS NOT MY "OPINION, AND ITS NOT THE BULL SHIT RUMORS THAT ARE FLYING AROUND THE ERIE AREA"

THEN WITH ALL THE INFO THAT YOU "KNOW" IS TRUE, WHERE WAS EVERYONE WHEN HE NEEDED YOUR HELP WITH HIS "ISSUES"?????????

ONCE AGAIN: READ THE FACTS..........

WELL????
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE

Gansevoort, NY

#28 Nov 14, 2007
reader 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't he drunk himself that night? How do you help someone who doesn't want help or can not face the facts. The lies were going on before he lost his leg and if you are his friend you know that. They were not as great but still they were lies. He is one of the funniest people I have ever met but that can not make up for being lie to over & over.
NOT ACCORDING TO THE BLOOD TEST?? OH FACT
reader 1

New Albany, OH

#29 Nov 14, 2007
<quoted text>
NOT ACCORDING TO THE BLOOD TEST?? OH FACT
Did you not see the ?

You know what Dale...save it for next Tuesday, you'll need all the help you can get.

WAY TOO many facts for a friend...

Sorry for what has happened to you. Make sure your wife takes care of your kids and herself.
Mad_Spec4

United States

#30 Nov 14, 2007
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE

So which one are you, Dale or Jodi???

That's funny, if it is you Dale, you need help, like real bad. On the other hand, who cares if you get help. Didn't I tell you that I sent an SF180 to Saint Louis and got an edited copy of your DD Form 214. You really do believe you were in the army for four years don't you? Well SF Cpt. Farr, how does a Captain get a misconduct discharge??? Do you not realize that an officer does not recieve the same Chapters that an enlisted man gets. You are jacked. How about Conduct Unbecoming???? You're messed.

Oh and for Jodi, what the hell are you thinking letting Dale run around Erie talking all his crap. I think you need to be sitting right next to him on Tuesday. You are just as crappy of a person as he is for allowing him to do this. You guys have wonderful kids and you are both jacking up their lives. Pull your heads out of your asses.

Have fun in jail Dale. Hey that rhymes, Jail Dale:) I hope for your kids sake you get help, I hope for my sake that you fry...
Be Kind

Pittsburgh, PA

#31 Nov 14, 2007
I know Dale & Jodi also and Mad_Spec4, really, you should watch your words. People deserve to be forgiven. I think that what you said is very very cruel...don't forget, karma is a bitch! I think that Dale needs help...period. You should try and look for good in people, especially knowing that they have children that they are tending to. I am truly disgusted by some of the comments that I have read here and how people turn soooo quickly. If someone needs help, they should receive it...that is only the humane thing to feel. And the comment, "that you should fry...," shame on you! And shame on you saying such a wretched thing knowing that children are involved! By the way, I am neither Dale nor Jodi, but just a person who tries to see the good in everyone.
KAH

United States

#32 Nov 14, 2007
Mad_Spec4 wrote:
WE ALL SO QUICK TO JUDGE
So which one are you, Dale or Jodi???
That's funny, if it is you Dale, you need help, like real bad. On the other hand, who cares if you get help. Didn't I tell you that I sent an SF180 to Saint Louis and got an edited copy of your DD Form 214. You really do believe you were in the army for four years don't you? Well SF Cpt. Farr, how does a Captain get a misconduct discharge??? Do you not realize that an officer does not recieve the same Chapters that an enlisted man gets. You are jacked. How about Conduct Unbecoming???? You're messed.
Oh and for Jodi, what the hell are you thinking letting Dale run around Erie talking all his crap. I think you need to be sitting right next to him on Tuesday. You are just as crappy of a person as he is for allowing him to do this. You guys have wonderful kids and you are both jacking up their lives. Pull your heads out of your asses.
Have fun in jail Dale. Hey that rhymes, Jail Dale:) I hope for your kids sake you get help, I hope for my sake that you fry...
Why do you assume Jodi is involved?
Cody Switzer

Edinboro, PA

#33 Nov 15, 2007
I'm a reporter with the Times-News. We've been trying to contact Mr. Farr.
Does anyone know how to reach him?
Please e-mail me at [email protected]
RAY TACKETT

Youngstown, OH

#34 Nov 15, 2007
I GUESS IM THE ONLY ONE, OTHER THAN CHARLIE WHO IS NOT ASHAMED TO SHOW WHO THEY ARE.
DALE MAY HAVE DONE SOME MESSED UP THINGS, BUT THAT IS NO REASON TO INVOLVE HIS WIFE OF CHILDREN. I LIVED WITH DALE FROM JAN 1ST TO JULY7 07. HE HAS SOME MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS. IM NOT SAYING IT MAKES WHAT HE DID OR DIDNT DO OK. BUT HE HAS PROBLEMS. HE HAS A DISEASE, WHETHER ITS BEING A COMPULSIVE LIAR OR DEPRESSION ITS A DISEASE. YOU WOULD NOT JUDGE SOMETHING WITH CANCER FOR DYING. YOU WOULD LET THEM DIE. SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT DALE BUT LEAVE HIS WIFE, WHO IS A GREAT MOTHER OUT OT IT.

Since: Nov 07

Erie, PA

#35 Nov 15, 2007
I'd like to throw just a little more of my opinion out there.

Last night on my way home I thought a lot about all of this. And from a military stand point, Dale's actions have been pissing me off for more than a year. Real heros are over there fighting every day, and some POG is trying to cash in on all their actions.

Well I admit that one year worth of pentup aggression came out yesterday. I will never understand Dale, nor his actions, but I will say that I do not wish him or his family any harm. Like I said yesterday, I hope for his families sake that he gets help.

Good luck Dale, and from all of us in the military, shame on you Dale. You took what we do and made a joke of it.
CRB

Fairfield, IA

#36 Nov 15, 2007
After his conviction, this guy needs to go Farr Farr away for a long time.
Jerry E8

Youngstown, OH

#37 Nov 15, 2007
All these comments are about the Military. O.K. what ever? Did it matter to any of you service people that the part of what he is accused of doing, is defrauding a community credit union. That truly is the crime that hurts everyone.
701alpha

Youngstown, OH

#38 Nov 15, 2007
<quoted text>
So when Mr. Farr did not appear in the video of the entire parade that was viewed by authorities, did they just cut " A So Called WAR HERO from the footage.
Thats because you must have been the Captain with a peg leg, who went along the side of the Millcreek Parade, where the spectators were handing out candy or something?
Mistress-Distres s

Youngstown, OH

#39 Nov 15, 2007
Army Officer? Purple Heart? Married?
RAY TACKETT

Youngstown, OH

#40 Nov 15, 2007
MAD SPEC 4, WHAT'S UP MARK A.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
can someone explain this prograde wealth guy? 16 min ZUGZWANG 5
News Pat Howard: Failures by DevelopErie leave Erie ... 25 min ZUGZWANG 1
Saint Vincent Hospital under investigation (Jul '15) 26 min should be boss 15
Apes strike again 1 hr Safe Driver 24
Coaches sports bar 1 hr Farbo 15
Anybody know a guy named Deano ? 2 hr Todd 11
Lou Aliota looking to steal more (Jan '13) 2 hr Angry mommas 62
Barbatos closed WHY?? Sat Pat C 43
More from around the web

Personal Finance