Barry Grossman
Rides with Thorns

Erie, PA

#144 Oct 28, 2009
lmt wrote:
My vote will be for Kerner since the TTE plant is needed here for the jobs it will bring. They have been doing TTE in the New England states so why not here? No I am not going to debate any of you on this. Look it up you'll find it is being done safely there.
The 60 or so jobs the TTE will bring are not worth the pollutants that will be dumped into our environment. We see how well our DEP has done protecting us from harmful polluters by letting Erie Coke continue to operate. You can bet that once Rubino has DEP in his pocket, if he doesn't already, then we will all have to deal with the fallout of this nasty polluter.
Larry Phillips

Aiken, SC

#145 Oct 28, 2009
The county executive has nothing to do with the TTE. Its a city issue. Grossman is all about "me, me, me", forget about Erie County. If he's elected the county will become just another failed business on the BG list.
smm

West Chester, OH

#146 Oct 28, 2009
As I See It wrote:
There you go fellow posters. Those of you who picked up on a " flustered " Barry Grossman, or noticed him talking about himself are witnessing a man who believes that he is always the smartest person in the room. Good self confidence ? A desirable quality to have as a leader ? Yeah but.....
This also poses a huge problem with Barry which is why I can't vote for him, and personally I like the guy, but not as my County Executive. Barry, with all his upsides quit simply will not be able to work with others who see things differently than himself. Barry has been the "final say" boss in many business ventures for sure but never having to execute the straegies of others has forged a man incapable of bending. I really do believe that should Barry Grossman win this election the citizens of Erie County will see an executive paralyzed when his ideas meet resistance that he cannot simply order on demand as he is so accustomed.
Nice post.
dude of one

Edinboro, PA

#148 Oct 28, 2009
Wonder if Grossman will do as bad in the next debate. Was on the fence till I saw last night on 24. Grossman talks like an egomaniac, Kerner seemed to have solid ideas for jobs. Grossman kept talking about beautifying the area, Kerner about putting people to work. Pretty parks don't put food on the table, jobs do.
Of Course

Erie, PA

#149 Oct 28, 2009
dude of one wrote:
Wonder if Grossman will do as bad in the next debate. Was on the fence till I saw last night on 24. Grossman talks like an egomaniac, Kerner seemed to have solid ideas for jobs. Grossman kept talking about beautifying the area, Kerner about putting people to work. Pretty parks don't put food on the table, jobs do.
Of course he did..just got done watching it..the negativity at the tail end was particularly classy as well as invoking his grandchildren..of course, this is after he almost fell flat on his face retrieving the microphone he knocked off of himself..All I can say is.. I know I am crossing party lines this election.
Dick Jones

Harmonsburg, PA

#151 Oct 28, 2009
It was hilarious tonight seeing Grossman refer to people like Jerry Mifsud as one of the "best and the brightest."

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

Berry you stupid idiot. You're not talking about JFK's cabinet. You're talking about a bunch of Erie, Pa.- stooge/cronies.

And don't forget that Misfud couldn't even be a principal of a school without getting busted on a school night for DUI after slamming into a tree.
No More Donuts

Stow, OH

#153 Oct 28, 2009
spaceman wrote:
In case y'all missed it, Kerner just kicked Grossman's a55 in the debate on WJET.
Do we want a debater or a person with executive experience? A person who depends on their parents for their livelihood or a businessman?
A man or a boy. Easy decision.

Kerner would be Rick Shenker part 2.
For the People

Stoneboro, PA

#154 Oct 29, 2009
No More Donuts wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we want a debater or a person with executive experience? A person who depends on their parents for their livelihood or a businessman?
I do believe that Kerner is capable of running a business. Far as I know his family's business has not filed for Bankruptcy. Grossman however admitted last night that he has owned and operated SEVEN businesses. Wow...impressive. What's even more impressive is that of those seven.....4 of them went belly up and Grossman filed for bankruptcy....FOUR TIMES! I'll take my chances with the boy if Grossman is what being a man is all about.
juris prudence

Erie, PA

#155 Oct 29, 2009
For the People wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe that Kerner is capable of running a business. Far as I know his family's business has not filed for Bankruptcy. Grossman however admitted last night that he has owned and operated SEVEN businesses. Wow...impressive. What's even more impressive is that of those seven.....4 of them went belly up and Grossman filed for bankruptcy....FOUR TIMES! I'll take my chances with the boy if Grossman is what being a man is all about.
If that, in deed, is a fact, it should be brought to light to the electorate. And if he did this, he did it at a time when bankruptcys were rare and people played the system, unlike now, when people are losing their jobs and livlihoods. I know of Mi Scuzis, Stonehouse, and Rick & Barrys. What are the other four?
Arthur Charles

Erie, PA

#156 Oct 29, 2009
No More Donuts wrote:
<quoted text>
No Kerner would not be Schenker part 2. Barry Grossman has owned 7 businesses - 4 of which went belly up. Barry Grossman is mean-spirited with a nasty temper. After not being allowed to run for Mayor of Erie Barry famously told Kevin MacDowell live on TV12 News that "I'm finished with running for public office!" MacDowell went for a clarification and Barry snorted and said "Nope. No more! The people don't want me, so I'm through!"

Nice Barry! Nice!
Nasty

Corry, PA

#157 Oct 29, 2009
Arthur Charles wrote:
<quoted text>
No Kerner would not be Schenker part 2. Barry Grossman has owned 7 businesses - 4 of which went belly up. Barry Grossman is mean-spirited with a nasty temper. After not being allowed to run for Mayor of Erie Barry famously told Kevin MacDowell live on TV12 News that "I'm finished with running for public office!" MacDowell went for a clarification and Barry snorted and said "Nope. No more! The people don't want me, so I'm through!"
Nice Barry! Nice!
I remember that moment very well Sir Arthur. Grossman showed his true angry, indignant colors then and he will for sure the minute he does'nt get his way if put in office. He really does believe he is the ultimate authority in whatever subject he decides upon. Having been the bossman in all of his business ventures through all these years has indeed forced his ego over the top. If you disagree with him ,you're gone. Can't do that so quickly and easily in politics where the environment is loaded with opposing sides. Grossman will either implode in public or as I solidly believe, he will become so angry that he will simply resign and and act totally justified in doing so. Don't trust this guy.
Jack is Back

United States

#158 Oct 29, 2009
Barry Grossman is a caveman. Heard a story about him at Nautilus. Cried and then got really vulgar with a young lady who he calimed was using the treadmill too long (Barry would need to treadmill to Chicago with his gut) young lady said she was not finished yet and he cried like a little fat beatch he truly his. She told him shut up and act like a man. He sulked away! He's a putz! Yiddish for GOOF!!
Hmmm

Clawson, MI

#159 Oct 29, 2009
Kerner said in the debates he is going to interview the county workers. He will use that info to detemine stays in their appointed positions and who gets replaced. It is a novel idea that has not been tried becuase it will not work.
Arthur Charles

Erie, PA

#160 Oct 29, 2009
It will be interesting to say the least "IF" Barry Grossman is elected County Executive. Barry has a very difficult time getting along well with others. It would be tragic if it weren't so comical. A grown man who can't seem to get along well with anyone! If Barry thinks he is going to be able to "bully" County Council around - especially Fiore Leone - then he is sorely mistaken.

Go to Mi Scuzi some weekend and watch Barry fawn and fuss all over the "elite" of Erie...it's a pretty funny show.
Larry Phillips

United States

#161 Oct 29, 2009
You know how to tell if Barry Grossman is lying? His mouth is moving.
For the People

Stoneboro, PA

#162 Oct 29, 2009
Barry Grossman......The City, The old elite democrats, pretty parks, the community college at your expense to be built in the City of Erie and the only region south of I-90 is Corry and Union City and last but not least....I am the "Captain" of the ship.

Mike Kerner......All of Erie County, expand the EXISTING businesses we have all 6,000 of them, work with the exisiting employees of the county, supports community college as long as it is not TAXPAYER funded, Volunteers his "down time" as a firefighter helping people. NOT politically connected to ANYONE in Erie Politics...hmmmmm

Which is the worse of two evils?
Hmmm

Clawson, MI

#163 Oct 29, 2009
For the People wrote:
Mike Kerner......All of Erie County, expand the EXISTING businesses we have all 6,000 of them, work with the exisiting employees of the county, supports community college as long as it is not TAXPAYER funded, Volunteers his "down time" as a firefighter helping people. NOT politically connected to ANYONE in Erie Politics...hmmmmm
Which is the worse of two evils?

I wonder why Kerner is not running as an independent? His own party does not support him.
Sigh

Jackson Center, PA

#164 Oct 30, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why Kerner is not running as an independent? His own party does not support him.
Who cares, as long as he beats Grossman!
YOU SAID IT ALL

Youngstown, OH

#166 Oct 30, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
If you read the earlier comments you'd have the answer to your question. Brad Moore, Chairman of the Erie County Republican Party is no less than a scum-sucking RINO ! Moore supports the radical left-wing mentality of liberal Democrats and RINOs who are in power, in Erie County. Moore has done NOTHING to further the cause of Republican values and mores. Moore has continuously supported more taxation, bigger government, and re-election of both Democrats and RINOs that support his vision of bigger government.

Brad Moore needs to be ousted from the Erie County Republican Party. The party itself needs to be revamped to once again reflect it's values as stated in it's bylaws. Bylaws, which by the way, Moore has continuously ignored and thumbed his liberal nose at.
juris prudence

Erie, PA

#167 Oct 30, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Brad Moore, the GOP chair, is clueless. He's a puppet in an organization (GOP) that's on it's last legs, thanks to guys like Phil English and Rick Schenker and President Bush. Get rid of Moore and get a go-getter inthere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gery Nietupski (Nov '15) 59 min Just saying 34
Erie Sport Store 1 hr Just saying 26
Adam Weaver 6 hr The Weave 17
Wabtec the New GE Erie 6 hr Even heat 96
Plant closing announcement this week 6 hr Show time 19
Union Members protest outside GE's annual meeti... 6 hr A classic 8
Who's moving to Boise? 6 hr 7 bl 7 bl 28

Erie Jobs

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages