WSEE signal strength.
Achilles

Erie, PA

#21 Feb 21, 2009
I have noticed that WSEE and WICU are being slowly bled to death by Lilly Broadcasting. The ENG Cameras WICU uses are pieces of crap. Lilly refuses to replace them at all. The station is as close to unwatchable as it has ever been. WSEE uses some form of JVC MiniDV and records on a firestore system. WSEE video is just as poor quality as WICU. However, WJET shoots on Panasonic P2 and is the best looking video in the Erie market.

WSEE sux!
Bob

Erie, PA

#22 Feb 25, 2009
Funny! WSEE keeps running news reports telling its viewers how to get WSEE Digital. As of today here are the locations in Erie County you cannot receive WSEE-DT OTA: Scattered parts of Erie City, North East, Fairview, Girard, Platea, Albion, Edinboro, Corry, Harborcreek, Lawrence Park and Wattsburg.

WSEE is averaging 35 to 50 phone calls a day from irate viewers.

Lets hear it for brian Lilly, Scott Bremner and the rest of the incompetants at Lilly Broadcasting.
Used ta live in Erie

North Augusta, SC

#23 Feb 26, 2009
Lilly Broadcasting has ruined both 12 & 35. Brian Lilly is taknig the money and laughing all the way to the bank. Just wait until 35's news merges with 12...then you'll have half the people doing twice the work...and probably have the same newscast on both channels.
Charlie

Erie, PA

#24 Feb 26, 2009
Used ta live in Erie wrote:
Lilly Broadcasting has ruined both 12 & 35. Brian Lilly is taknig the money and laughing all the way to the bank. Just wait until 35's news merges with 12...then you'll have half the people doing twice the work...and probably have the same newscast on both channels.
Scott Bremner was quoted on pressandtower.com as saying that "WSEE and WICU news are not going to merge" and then went on to belittle anyone who says they are merging.

It's odd that Scott Bremner seems to speak anytime someone, anyone mentions WICU. Did Scott get a promotion? Is he going to run the merged news department? Stay tuned....
Ollie

Erie, PA

#25 Feb 26, 2009
Used ta live in Erie wrote:
and probably have the same newscast on both channels.
That is exactly what they (Lilly) are planning to do!
MCR

Erie, PA

#26 Feb 26, 2009
Since the tower was struck I guess a lot of people in the county aren't getting WQLN anymore either. Calls to the station are mostly ignored.
bbers

AOL

#27 Feb 26, 2009
I also am having the same problem, I went out and bought a new digital TV and still cannot receive their signal, yet I get WJET, FOX 66 and WQLN on the digital channels but no WSEE-when I called they say they are being flood with calls and send me to someone's voice mail with no response and I called on Saturday!!!! Then last night they say best bet is to put antenna in attic or crawl space--hello I have no attic I am a renter live on first floor-- then they say move the antenna around and around and it should catch the signal--NOT--last but not least they say it may be time to invest in a roof top antenna--WHAT-this is the 20th century though we were supposed to be going forward not backward why would I pay for a rooftop antenna when I dont even own my house--guess wont be watching their channel anytime soon!!
Stu

Erie, PA

#28 Feb 26, 2009
bbers wrote:
I also am having the same problem, I went out and bought a new digital TV and still cannot receive their signal, yet I get WJET, FOX 66 and WQLN on the digital channels but no WSEE-when I called they say they are being flood with calls and send me to someone's voice mail with no response and I called on Saturday!!!! Then last night they say best bet is to put antenna in attic or crawl space--hello I have no attic I am a renter live on first floor-- then they say move the antenna around and around and it should catch the signal--NOT--last but not least they say it may be time to invest in a roof top antenna--WHAT-this is the 20th century though we were supposed to be going forward not backward why would I pay for a rooftop antenna when I dont even own my house--guess wont be watching their channel anytime soon!!
WSEE really effed this one up! I guess they are being flooded with phone calls - to the tune of a couple hundred a day! I know of a half dozen people who installed NEW outdoor antennas and still cannot receive WSEE. WOW! They all live in North East township. Thanks WSEE - try explaining away this one.

Can't wait until June when no one can get TV. The calls will really fly then
Abraham

Erie, PA

#29 Feb 26, 2009
Ollie wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what they (Lilly) are planning to do!
I heard Lilly placed an order for 10 new P2 HD hand held cameras - does that have something to do with this?
mrkihn

Chambersburg, PA

#30 Feb 26, 2009
Achilles wrote:
I have noticed that WSEE and WICU are being slowly bled to death by Lilly Broadcasting. The ENG Cameras WICU uses are pieces of crap. Lilly refuses to replace them at all. The station is as close to unwatchable as it has ever been. WSEE uses some form of JVC MiniDV and records on a firestore system. WSEE video is just as poor quality as WICU. However, WJET shoots on Panasonic P2 and is the best looking video in the Erie market.
WSEE sux!
I can't get 12 or 35 on my rabbit ears with the box in town. With out the box I could both of them with no problem. Hell I could even get Canadian channels
McDonald

Erie, PA

#31 Feb 26, 2009
mrkihn wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't get 12 or 35 on my rabbit ears with the box in town. With out the box I could both of them with no problem. Hell I could even get Canadian channels
People in Erie can't even get 35 with a rooftop antenna! They really screwed this up
GMAN1124

Erie, PA

#32 Mar 20, 2009
I HAVE DIRECTV,IM IN THE CITY OF ERIE AND GET 2 STATIONS NBC AND CBS..CALL DIRECTV AND ASK THEM.THATS HOW I GET THEM..YOU GET BOTH EAST AND WEST FEEDS
GMAN1124

Erie, PA

#33 Mar 20, 2009
THERES NO SUCH THING AS A SPECIAL HD ANTENNA
PLEASE GOOGLE AND READ THINGS ABOUT IT
Liz

AOL

#34 Mar 21, 2009
I have Direct TV and would have been charged some ridiculous amount to get the locals,so I use the "box," and an antenna and the signals are lousy. I had no trouble with getting the analog signals. If you are considering getting a dish, be aware that you may have to pay extra for locals. Depending on your location. I live way far away in Belle Valley and I guess the expense is tremendous to send their signal way out here.
Wanting to c big brother

Erie, PA

#35 Aug 30, 2009
Very glad to see I am not alone
snag

Erie, PA

#36 Aug 30, 2009
wsee has had a poor signal even when they came on the air, fuzzy at best, even with a UHF antenna and aluminum foil to help catch the signal!!
dclerk

San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago

#37 Apr 11, 2011
I am totally fed up with WSEE.
I can't see why CBS doesn't pull the plug on they being an affiliate - and this is off Lorac satellite.
Whenever I try to watch "The Young and The Restless" or "The Bold and The Beautiful" the picture is way too dark - and this is on my brand new Phillips 52" flatscreen.
The WSEE clips appear bright and fine but not the
original CBS feeds - don't their technical people watch watch's leaving the station?
haha

Erie, PA

#38 Apr 11, 2011
dclerk wrote:
I am totally fed up with WSEE.
I can't see why CBS doesn't pull the plug on they being an affiliate - and this is off Lorac satellite.
Whenever I try to watch "The Young and The Restless" or "The Bold and The Beautiful" the picture is way too dark - and this is on my brand new Phillips 52" flatscreen.
The WSEE clips appear bright and fine but not the
original CBS feeds - don't their technical people watch watch's leaving the station?
Not watching soap operas makes you smarter. You should thank Lilly.
Ha ha ha
Orson

Erie, PA

#39 Apr 11, 2011
dclerk wrote:
... don't their technical people watch watch's leaving the station?
No! They don't have anyone left. The signal is only a pass through - the signal is fine in Brian Lilly's office, he's pretty much the only one left in the building these days.
Brian Lilly

Ringgold, GA

#40 Apr 11, 2011
I don't care what you think. As long as I make money its OK.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Minimum wage 26 min taribalko 2 11
i'm back, ya dig 34 min taribalko 2 5
Happy birthday America 39 min taribalko 2 1
4th of July 52 min taribalko 2 1
"Roar on the Shore (Jul '12) 1 hr that guy 75
Use your head so you don't lose it riding your ... 2 hr tired of being PC 2
College debt 2 hr tired of being PC 4
Who did the most damage to Erie? 2 hr booze and bike ni... 33
GE re-invent Erie plant 4 hr Edgar 35
G.E Please tell us the truth. 11 hr Richard Rollo 119