ban handguns in Erie

ban handguns in Erie

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
cheetos

Erie, PA

#1 Dec 9, 2012
Bring and end to the violence.
king nzinga

North Fairfield, OH

#2 Dec 9, 2012
Ban the thugs and criminals
what up

Union City, PA

#3 Dec 9, 2012
Just blow up the east side and are worries would be over.
NRA

Erie, PA

#4 Dec 9, 2012
You people are living in a fantasy world. Banning guns would be a punishment to those of us who own and use our firearms legally. It would work about as well as banning drugs, because we all know that criminals don't buy, sell, or use them illegally right?
cheetos

United States

#5 Dec 9, 2012
lol, i'd only shoot an imposter...in the back :)
pee wee herman tugs pp

Erie, PA

#6 Dec 9, 2012
NRA wrote:
You people are living in a fantasy world. Banning guns would be a punishment to those of us who own and use our firearms legally. It would work about as well as banning drugs, because we all know that criminals don't buy, sell, or use them illegally right?
Works out pretty well with banning bazookas doesn't it? Point is, if banned guns we wouldn't manufacture and distribute them. Yes there are guns in circulation already but how often does someone defend with a gun? Not often I'd say, despite the Beer4Less incident.

Also, banning ammunition is key. I doubt thugs have stockpiled ammo especially if they are robbing because they're lazy, uneducated, poor and high. It's only white gun nuts that store ammo and I don't think they'd be thugs anyhow.

In a generation this problem would be virtually gone.
cheetos

United States

#7 Dec 9, 2012
Wrong PP tugger, the only thing it will do is increase the prices of ammo and reloading supplies for those that use it as a sport.
The only way to reduce gun violence is to increase the penalty for carrying unlicensed or committing a crime with one.

Possibly another idea….teach gun safety in schools.

btw white gun nuts don't store ammo. They make it as needed ;)
Coyote

Erie, PA

#8 Dec 9, 2012
pee wee herman tugs pp wrote:
<quoted text>
Works out pretty well with banning bazookas doesn't it? Point is, if banned guns we wouldn't manufacture and distribute them. Yes there are guns in circulation already but how often does someone defend with a gun? Not often I'd say, despite the Beer4Less incident.
Also, banning ammunition is key. I doubt thugs have stockpiled ammo especially if they are robbing because they're lazy, uneducated, poor and high. It's only white gun nuts that store ammo and I don't think they'd be thugs anyhow.
In a generation this problem would be virtually gone.
Keep dreaming.

Notice how rarely it is ever reported if a shooter is the lawful owner of the firearm? About the only time it happens is defensive shootings such as Beer4less or mass shootings. But the average home invasion or street crime, it never seems to get brought up.

It is my bet almost none of these criminals are shopping at Gander Mountain for their guns.
tru dat

Erie, PA

#9 Dec 9, 2012
pee wee herman tugs pp wrote:
<quoted text>Works out pretty well with banning bazookas doesn't it? Point is, if banned guns we wouldn't manufacture and distribute them. Yes there are guns in circulation already but how often does someone defend with a gun? Not often I'd say, despite the Beer4Less incident.

Also, banning ammunition is key. I doubt thugs have stockpiled ammo especially if they are robbing because they're lazy, uneducated, poor and high. It's only white gun nuts that store ammo and I don't think they'd be thugs anyhow.

In a generation this problem would be virtually gone.
like drugs, huh?
pee wee herman tugs pp

Erie, PA

#10 Dec 9, 2012
cheetos wrote:
Wrong PP tugger, the only thing it will do is increase the prices of ammo and reloading supplies for those that use it as a sport.
The only way to reduce gun violence is to increase the penalty for carrying unlicensed or committing a crime with one.
Possibly another idea….teach gun safety in schools.
btw white gun nuts don't store ammo. They make it as needed ;)
Limit sport shooting to muskets. Done!

Thugs already know the penalty for carrying a gun can be death so punishment is not a deterrent.

Republicans might go for teaching gun safety in schools if kids could learn that instead of science.

Gun nuts make metal?
pee wee herman tugs pp

Erie, PA

#11 Dec 9, 2012
Coyote wrote:
<quoted text>

It is my bet almost none of these criminals are shopping at Gander Mountain for their guns.
But you can GET guns at Gander Mountain. THAT'S the problem.
pee wee herman tugs pp

Erie, PA

#12 Dec 9, 2012
Here's the point doods. There are seat belt laws though few need them. There are don't pass school bus laws though few kid get creamed.

Handguns are a big problem, so outlaw ammunition. Done!
pee wee herman tugs pp

Erie, PA

#13 Dec 9, 2012
tru dat wrote:
<quoted text>
like drugs, huh?
Who cares if you kill yourself? If guns were only used for that purpose I wouldn't have a problem with it.
cheetos

United States

#14 Dec 9, 2012
I've never known anyone personally that has been shot, but I did have a family friend that was killed by a martial arts dude.

My point, why should I give up trap shooting when i've seen more people are injured playing football. Ban the pig skin!

Another point, ban gambling. It causes distress, debt, suicide. When a gambler blows his noggin off nobody blames the casino or the credit card company. It's the gun manufacturer that is at fault.

Ammo isn't the problem, it's who's hands it falls into.

...you soooo need to change your name ;)
cheetos

United States

#15 Dec 9, 2012
pee wee herman tugs pp wrote:
Here's the point doods. There are seat belt laws though few need them. There are don't pass school bus laws though few kid get creamed.
I guess that also applies to helmet laws too. hummmm ;)
Kill Em All

Erie, PA

#17 Dec 9, 2012
give everyone guns
cheetos

United States

#18 Dec 9, 2012
pee wee herman tugs pp wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans might go for teaching gun safety in schools if kids could learn that instead of science.
Include it in the mandatory gym class along with archery. And what does an inner city kid need archery for? Focus, strength, patience, the mental challenge. You get what I’m saying ;)
pee wee tugs wee wee

Erie, PA

#19 Dec 9, 2012
wouldratherdoit wrote:
pee wee herman tugs pp hasn't got a clue. I say ban him from his computer.
The laws don't work because they don't enforce them. No one says you have to own one, so don't. But leave mine the hell alone.
How about this then? If someone commits a crime or tragedy with your gun you get the same sentence he does? Sounds fair. It's your responsibility, right?
pee wee tugs wee wee

Erie, PA

#20 Dec 9, 2012
cheetos wrote:
I've never known anyone personally that has been shot, but I did have a family friend that was killed by a martial arts dude.
My point, why should I give up trap shooting when i've seen more people are injured playing football. Ban the pig skin!
Another point, ban gambling. It causes distress, debt, suicide. When a gambler blows his noggin off nobody blames the casino or the credit card company. It's the gun manufacturer that is at fault.
Ammo isn't the problem, it's who's hands it falls into.
...you soooo need to change your name ;)
There are laws against martial arts dudes killing others (which is what the concern is.) If anything footballer hurt each other not society at large. I wouldn't mind a gambling ban though for different reasons.

If ammo isn't the problem it's who's hands it falls into, wouldn't banning ammo cure that? Sort of like banning bazookas and their ammo. Or put another way, why aren't you popping a vein because bazookas are banned?
ban a rama

Erie, PA

#21 Dec 9, 2012
ban knives too

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Bootleggers?! 3 min Sparkle 34
Dalkemper spends $400,000.00 for a skylight at ... 12 min Little guy from L... 9
Morning talk radio... yawn 15 min Ghost of Jimmy 3
GE India order in danger 18 min State Street Stas... 2
Tie Welfare to Behavior 46 min stoked 87
Hey Red Cross, where is the money going 1 hr meknow 2
Kneeling during anthem 1 hr Farmer Brown 15
UE GE talk all of a sudden going good. 1 hr GE Guy 64
erie club 3 hr Conneaut Club 79
GE pension buyout 17 hr Eliminate 62

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages