Lake Erie Community Park
Still love Erie

Vandergrift, PA

#182 Oct 7, 2010
Sundance wrote:
Thanks " Still love Erie "
Are you a camper at LECP?
The BP near Elk Creek owned by Dan Seaman also wrote a letter to West Erie news stating the businesses support the Park also.
I wrote an article to West Erie news but the editor deleted and added to it in favor of the township.
We all love Mason's. Ill tell them " THANKS "this weekend
Yes, I'm a camper.
I told the lady at Mason's that it would be nice if the judge/jury knew how you support the camper's businesses.
curious

Beaver, PA

#183 Oct 17, 2011
Any news about Lake Erie Community Park? I had heard about it,visited it, and was considering on putting a camper there but just did not like that the trailers are so close to each other and the manager is a total ass hole. My hopes are that the manager is fired, and that camping could continue with the funds going to the community.

Any news?
brian girard Pa

Fairview, PA

#184 Feb 14, 2013
thats to bad it looked like a nice place to camp .I wish something can be done ...however i am sure they have made up their mind so here is some good news another GREAT place to park your camper year round AND BE ABLE TO USE IT is ...LAKE VILLAGE CAMPGROUND ...its open year round and is only $645. a year but it is in anderover OH..most lots are 40x80 again sorry to hear about this one going to the dogs
lakeside dr

Fairview, PA

#185 Feb 14, 2013
as long as the ball fields stay the same so i can hit golf balls out there, im fine with whatever they do.
snag

Erie, PA

#186 Feb 14, 2013
Some people refer to it as "shanty town",slum on the bluff, maybe now the place will get cleaned up and be a nice park.
Walt

Erie, PA

#187 Feb 14, 2013
Send all the yinzers home. The park belongs to the people of Erie county.
route 5

Erie, PA

#188 Feb 14, 2013
lakeside dr wrote:
as long as the ball fields stay the same so i can hit golf balls out there, im fine with whatever they do.
I see your golf balls all over when I walk my dog there.
CRANK

Erie, PA

#189 Feb 15, 2013
I can't believe any honest thoughtful person can be surprised by the court decision. Perhaps now the park can return to what it once was, that being an actual "community" park.

Girard has some wonderful enhancements planned for the park, and expect to receive a fair amount of grant money to implement those plans. Meaningful change could be occurring by 2014.

I would like to see it return to hosting the kind of functions I attended there in the 1950's and 60's. Church picnics, family reunions, etc, enhanced by modern amenities.
flint westwood

United States

#190 Feb 15, 2013
I remember when it was a Community Park before it became a shanty town ......I would like to see a return to what it once was , an asset for all people not just a second rate trailerville.
lakeside dr

Fairview, PA

#191 Feb 15, 2013
route 5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your golf balls all over when I walk my dog there.
those arent mine, i go pick mine up after i hit them.
Ya gotta be kidding

Vandergrift, PA

#193 Feb 23, 2013
You mean 3 years later and there is no change?
PAS

Greensburg, PA

#194 Mar 2, 2013
Citizens of Girard Twp.WAKE UP! How can you let a bored housewife dictate what happens in your community? Last time I looked, I was still living in Western Pa. My husband and I drive 3 hours to enjoy the lake. How many of you drive 5 minutes to do the same? There are no locked gates on the LECP park. Anyone can come and enjoy it. Why would you allow a few people with their grandiose ideas, uproot over 100 campers (who bring revenue into your area). The BIG PLAN is to turn LECP into a community park. HELLO! It is a community park. What do I see if this bored housewife gets her way? I see trails that are overgrown, litter, vandalizism, and liability problems. This is a section of the LECP park that has a pavillion, and some trails for walking (No campers). Everytime we have been there, we see no one else enjoying it. We do see litter and vandalism, and unmanaged brush. Don't you think the same thing will happen to the LECP park. Who is going to pay for the liability insurance. Who will be in charge of picking up litter. Even if you put trash barrels out, who is going to empty them, and keep the animals out? This so-called plan is supposed to be over a 20 year period. How many of you will be around to see it completed, if it is completed? This country is in financial trouble. Why would you allow someone to apply for grant money for a project that is unnecessary?(Even if you get grant money). According to the jury, Girard Twp. owns the land- isn't it funny it has been a campground for over 50 plus years. No one said a word about it. Then,, this bored housewife who is caught up in her own self-importance, decides she will turn this park back to nature. What happened to Elk creek access? What happened to Girard Park? Please look around, see for yourselves. Again Girard Citizens WAKE UP!
You have Erie Bluffs State Park next to LECP. It is all natural. We never see more than a few cars their and other than Steelhead season only a few people use Elk Access other than Boating.
Is the Township going to bus people in to their promised park?
PAS

Greensburg, PA

#195 Mar 2, 2013
Lake Erie Community Park should appeal the recent jury decision.
The dispute was not over who owned the land but who has control over the park.
Over 70 years ago LECP deeded The park land to Girard Township. At that time there were agreements, regarding the intentions of how the park should move forward. Due to tax issues, liability issues the land belongs to Girard Township but it's only responsibility would be the roads. These agreement were not written out but implied. That is the dispute.
As of now the park is controlled by Girard Township because of the recent case.
They promise the public a grand park which will be paid by grants.
They have no grant money and maybe will never get grant money.
I feel the township is dangling a carrot in front of us. We have a decent park, a park ranger who lives there, caretakers, maintenence people,and campers there. it feels safe!
If the grant money fails we have high grass, no patrol, no care takers or maintenece. We would be worse off then than now! Would you feel safe then?
Its a decent park and I feel that if the Townships wants to gamble they should go to the Downs!
Walt

Erie, PA

#196 Mar 2, 2013
Get rid of the Pittsburgh trailer trash. The park was not meant for them.
sunndannce

Greensburg, PA

#197 Mar 2, 2013
I live in Pittsburgh. Am I not welcome there?

South Carolina people appreciate vacation money being spent there.

My parents told me about people like you. They said " consider the source "
People of Lake City

Erie, PA

#198 Mar 2, 2013
Then go to South Carolina. We don't want you here.
sunndannce

Greensburg, PA

#199 Mar 2, 2013
I was raised on Lake Erie in Ohio. Later moved to Erie. Then to Pittsburgh area.
I taught public School for 33 years and thought I heard and seen it all.
Im old enough to experience Vietnam. I have traveled most of the world.
Never have I been more humiliated than with the people on here.
I am now at age 63 and considered trailer trash. Worth nothing and a tin can hobo according to some people in your area.
I have never lowered myself to such judgements. I never will!
God help you!

I feel no need to reply. you are not worth the effort.
skeptic

Stow, OH

#200 Mar 2, 2013
CRANK wrote:
I can't believe any honest thoughtful person can be surprised by the court decision. Perhaps now the park can return to what it once was, that being an actual "community" park.
Girard has some wonderful enhancements planned for the park, and expect to receive a fair amount of grant money to implement those plans. Meaningful change could be occurring by 2014.
I would like to see it return to hosting the kind of functions I attended there in the 1950's and 60's. Church picnics, family reunions, etc, enhanced by modern amenities.
A grant? You're grant begging now crank? Why not just call them what they are crank, taxpayer funded enhancements to something you think is worthwhile. You are evidently too blind or just too damn dumb to see the irony of your request for taxpayer money.
CRANK

Erie, PA

#201 Mar 4, 2013
skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>A grant? You're grant begging now crank? Why not just call them what they are crank, taxpayer funded enhancements to something you think is worthwhile. You are evidently too blind or just too damn dumb to see the irony of your request for taxpayer money.
I am not a big proponent of grants. I didn't apply for one for the park. Elected officials did, and apparently are going to receive grant money. Decision made. Since it is made, and will hopefully assist in returning what was once a west county gem back to a degree of its former family friendly appeal, I can support that. Much more so than sending local tax dollars to Harrisburg never to be seen again.
If Girard township wanted to cover the cost themselves, I wouldn't have a problem with that either.
But as someone who doesn't live in Girard township, who, if the plans are carried out, plans to use the facility, I don't mind if a few cents of my tax money is used to improve and maintain it, so long as it remains available for all, and not a select few.
There are other camp grounds in the West County area that were designed to exactly that. It shouldn't be hard to find a place to relocate, if the west county is truly where one wants to camp.
jennifer

Fairview, PA

#202 Mar 4, 2013
I would love for the park to cleanout the trailers and get that place safe.
Its scary to walk there an have grown men drinking beer and starring at you like a piece of meat.
Its a beautiful area, just needs vacated by the trash from outside the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FBI failed to investigate school shooter 1 hr truth is truth 36
When will the new GE Trans owner take over? 1 hr Management 5
Plant SHUT DOWN IN MAY 1 hr Chicago Chicano 22
Mueller just made it impossible for Trump to ca... 2 hr Hillaryfor Hell 33
Bye Bye to GE IEA.. 2 hr Normal Norman 20
why do whites promote genicide of their race 2 hr Truth is Truth 11
Springtime in Erie 2 hr Better America 3
GE Erie to propose new Overtime rules 4 hr GE Guy 66
Is there a mafia in Erie? or is there anyone i... (Sep '12) 11 hr WhatThe 69

Erie Jobs