Papa John Blows!
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Stu Pedaso

Canton, OH

#1 Nov 11, 2012
The cost of health care for his workers he calculated at $.14 per pizza. To make a political point at the expense of his sweaty workers he's reducing their hours.

That he thinks he can, in his GOP cocoon, intimidate his employees and his customers without consequence calls for an immediate, thoughtless, and stupid response.

Make him pay!
Coyote

Erie, PA

#3 Nov 11, 2012
Oh pizza sounds good tonite, thanks for suggesting.
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#4 Nov 11, 2012
The day after election the 26 and Zuck McDonalds flew their flag at half staff. Their business lost my vote. (I vote with my dollars BTW. Join me. The owners obviously have no respect for the citizens who decide elections)
Stu Pedaso

Canton, OH

#5 Nov 11, 2012
If it's Papa John's look closely for the green loogies.
Coyote wrote:
Oh pizza sounds good tonite, thanks for suggesting.
Stu Pedaso

Canton, OH

#6 Nov 11, 2012
I don't think your reaction is as stupid, over-the-top, or outrageous as it could be. Rethink until 3am. Then ACT!! No, wait!

ACT!! Then think!! Even better.
boycott Ronald wrote:
The day after election the 26 and Zuck McDonalds flew their flag at half staff. Their business lost my vote.(I vote with my dollars BTW. Join me. The owners obviously have no respect for the citizens who decide elections)
tim leary

United States

#7 Nov 11, 2012
By all means, repugs, eat at Papa Johns! And tell the employees how lucky they are to be working for such a bald faced prick while you order.:-)
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#10 Nov 11, 2012
Gubment cheeze wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people do you employ, hypocrite?
Come back when you're part of the solution not part of the problem, dumpster diner.
Since when id hiring others--value for value--become the equivalent of Christian salvation?

Several business owners are and have always been pricks. If they want to fire people over Obama or a hangnail has always been their choice. But business who have laid-off/fired people NOW because of Obama's win prove one thing: it's only because they are childish pricks. They're entitled. But point all them out and I'll do what I'm entitled to do...boycott their businesses.
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#11 Nov 11, 2012
did
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#12 Nov 11, 2012
Stu Pedaso wrote:
I don't think your reaction is as stupid, over-the-top, or outrageous as it could be. Rethink until 3am. Then ACT!! No, wait!
ACT!! Then think!! Even better.
<quoted text>
If you can't speak the language, please self-deport...yourself.
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#13 Nov 11, 2012
Gubment cheeze wrote:
<quoted text>
They're always free to leave and get a job from a homeless person.
You sound funny but many homeless have been devastated by war. Also many homeless HAVE held jobs--even positions in esteem--before something or other went terribly wrong in their life.
Meanwhile Romney is White Home-less too thanks to compassionate people opposed to the likes of you. haHaHa.
Coyote

Erie, PA

#14 Nov 11, 2012
boycott Ronald wrote:
The day after election the 26 and Zuck McDonalds flew their flag at half staff. Their business lost my vote.(I vote with my dollars BTW. Join me. The owners obviously have no respect for the citizens who decide elections)
Just as I use the publicized lists of Obama's celebrity and business donors to determine who I won't be contributing to the incomes of.

While individual boycotts have no significant impact they can be personally satifying.
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#15 Nov 11, 2012
Coyote wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I use the publicized lists of Obama's celebrity and business donors to determine who I won't be contributing to the incomes of.
While individual boycotts have no significant impact they can be personally satifying.
Do you think McDonald's would have flown their flag at half staff after election day if access cards could be used at McDonald's? Me neither.

Business people have a reputation for having morals of convenience and in many cases I think it's because it's true. They worship the almighty dollar.(Because worshipping Yuan's hasn't caught on yet.)
Coyote

Erie, PA

#16 Nov 11, 2012
And Hollywood has a reputation of having no morals at all, which is perhaps way they vote overwhelmingly Democrat.

McDonalds isn't going to care if you don't eat there, anymore than George Clooney will care if I neer watch a movie again with him in it. I can't claim to boycott the likes of Madonna or Gaga since I already refuse to waste money on them.
Coyote

Erie, PA

#17 Nov 11, 2012
Anytime a business or public figure chooses to display their political choices for all to see they risk the chance of backlash. While it is supposedly illegal for the government to retaliate for opposing views, it is fair game for the private sector.
snag

Erie, PA

#20 Nov 11, 2012
They do have good pizza tho! Maybe "Free Obama Pizzas" after the phone runs out?
Coyote

Erie, PA

#21 Nov 11, 2012
Gubment cheeze wrote:
Go ahead and boycott. The last person you'll hurt is the business owner.
First you'll hurt the employee who loses his job.
You uckers are too stu ped.
Just as well. The employee probably voted against their own best interests.

I tend to boycott individuals and evem that tends to go unnoticed. But then I'm doing it for my own piece of mind. I'm not afforded the free media time to voice my opposition to their opinions. So I refuse to spend MY money furthering their careers. They don't know, but they wouldn't care anyways.
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#22 Nov 11, 2012
Coyote wrote:
Anytime a business or public figure chooses to display their political choices for all to see they risk the chance of backlash. While it is supposedly illegal for the government to retaliate for opposing views, it is fair game for the private sector.
You're correct. But I hope a business who turns off customers by a bold display of their political affiliation never claims that they need lower taxes because the extra money meted out in higher taxes hurts their business.

And that's one of my sore spots about businesses that whine about taxes being too high. Let me look through your books and I'll find more money lost than in the rightful taxes you whine about.(Make your company cars Hyundai's for example.)
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#23 Nov 11, 2012
Coyote wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as well. The employee probably voted against their own best interests.
I tend to boycott individuals and evem that tends to go unnoticed. But then I'm doing it for my own piece of mind. I'm not afforded the free media time to voice my opposition to their opinions. So I refuse to spend MY money furthering their careers. They don't know, but they wouldn't care anyways.
Like you I feel good about personally boycotting. I feel even better when I can tell people on Topix and they join me. I feel completely over the top when people join me, you go to McDonald's more so as to counter-boycott, and the joke's on you because you get stuck eating their greaseburgers ;)
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#24 Nov 11, 2012
Gubment cheeze wrote:
Go ahead and boycott. The last person you'll hurt is the business owner.
First you'll hurt the employee who loses his job.
You uckers are too stu ped.
Any employer with expendable employees who keeps them on unless he wants to make a political statement deserves to go out of business anyhow. If a business has an unnecessarily bloated payroll and is complaining about taxes I don't want to hear it.
boycott Ronald

Erie, PA

#26 Nov 11, 2012
Gubment cheeze wrote:
<quoted text>
So you support downsizing?? I thought you morons were complaining that business was sitting on boat loads of cash and not hiring!!
If your idiotic boycott "works", you only hurt the employees who will lose their jobs as business slows down. You won't hurt the owner.
I don't believe you thought about that before you mouthed off.
But, go ahead and boycott. The faster we collapse this economy the faster we can start over. It ain't gonna be pretty though.
Gee. You act as if the owner produces the value and the employees do nothing at all. If business is up or business is down employees have little control over that in the most important ways. If business is up or if business is down the owners complain...about everybody but themselves of course. Give me a break.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If you vote for Bob Merski 2 min Skifoso 41
Millcreek Community Hospital rapes 10 min Thomas 6
Merski for mayor, YUCK 54 min Jukebox 1
G.E. will be ending production in June 2017" p... 54 min Omlp 83
G.E. Breaking News 56 min 7 days a week 48
The oscars 1 hr Occasional Observer 16
C Frey Facebook thread cant open 1 hr Gwen 12
ray ferritto - MOB hitman (Aug '11) Sat Stash Ropazewinski 155

Erie Jobs

More from around the web