Erie man killed in motorcycle-car crash

Erie man killed in motorcycle-car crash

There are 21 comments on the GoErie.com story from Apr 11, 2009, titled Erie man killed in motorcycle-car crash. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

An Erie man died today when his motorcycle struck a car on the city's east side.Police have not yet released the name of the man, a 26-year-old from Erie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sara Markley

Edinboro, PA

#1 Apr 11, 2009
R.i.P. Mikey. we miss you already . please keep His family in your prayers =[
mrkihn

Hudson, OH

#2 Apr 11, 2009
Sara Markley wrote:
R.i.P. Mikey. we miss you already . please keep His family in your prayers =[
This sucks
Sorry for his family's loss
Corey

Canton, OH

#3 Apr 11, 2009
Now I know your name. I don't know you and you don't know me, but I called 911 and was by your side the entire time until the proper authorities showed up. 26 is too young, but I hope you are in a better place now. I'm not much younger than you and I now have a new respect for life... RIP Mike. You had many concerned loved ones/friends/by-passers throughout the entire situation, so you will definitely be missed by all.
Insane

Youngstown, OH

#4 Apr 11, 2009
RIP, prayers sent to family!

Since: Feb 08

erie

#5 Apr 12, 2009
Its hard loseing anyone,but especially when it is so tragic,we too lost a family member almost to the day 2 years ago the same way, my heart felt sympathy is with all the family. Rest in peace bro.
Tiffany

Canton, OH

#6 Apr 12, 2009
love and prayers go to the ricci family

erie

#8 Apr 12, 2009
Rubino Funeral Home Inc wrote:
That's #1 of the season. But who's counting. ABATE - Cars and trucks are EVERYWHERE.
Unfortuneatly there probably will be more,so sad though,its not always the cars' or trucks fault but most the time they say,they simply did not see them. i for one hate motorcycles for that reason.The punk that killed my bro in law 2 years ago turned left in front of him,what was his answer? I didnt see him. go figure.
Douglas in Erie

Stow, OH

#9 Apr 12, 2009
they should all wear helmets...
mrkihn

Hudson, OH

#10 Apr 12, 2009
Douglas in Erie wrote:
For one who said this guy wasn't wearing one. Helmets are only made to withstand a 4ft drop or 15mph impact. Helmets work good for sliding type accident but their pretty much worthless for direct head medium speed impacts accidents.
Most people killed in motorcycle-car accidents are killed by bunt force trauma to the torso.
Mike

Oil City, PA

#11 Apr 12, 2009
My prayers go out for both the family of the mortorcycle rider and the driver of the car.
I have lived in the neighborhood for over 30 years and unforfortunately it was only a matter of time for an accident of this nature; frankly I am surprised it hasn’t happened sooner, becasue it is very difficult to see oncomming eastbound traffic on Fairmount when stopped at the stop sign on June while traveling north because of vehicles parked on Fairmount Pky so close to the intersection.
point of view wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortuneatly there probably will be more,so sad though,its not always the cars' or trucks fault but most the time they say,they simply did not see them. i for one hate motorcycles for that reason.The punk that killed my bro in law 2 years ago turned left in front of him,what was his answer? I didnt see him. go figure.
mrkihn

Hudson, OH

#13 Apr 12, 2009
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen dirtbag,,,, how many times do u hear of a motorcycle hitting (at fault) a car or a truck or another cycle. I sure wish i knew who and WHAT you are, well for that matter all I need to do is go outside and look for dog shite on the ground and there you will be, aszhole,,,, regaurdless of what you think of bikes this was someone brother son maybe dad. And you put filth on here like that, I would love to see you or a family member hurt,,,, but then i would be shite like you and that isnt true you are the lowest form of a germ in a pile of crap.
well stated
fellow biker

Waterford, PA

#14 Apr 12, 2009
I don't think I knew him, but I want to give the family my condolences. I've lost a couple friends on motorcycles. Doesn't matter how old or what kind of bike they ride, it is still tragic and devistating! I did notice though that the media did NOT say anything about "hight rate of speed" as they usually do and mentioned nothing about helmets.... but helmets only help in low speed or non-impact crashes. RIP man!!!
country soul - PA

Sugar Land, TX

#15 Apr 12, 2009
justme wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen dirtbag,,,, how many times do u hear of a motorcycle hitting (at fault) a car or a truck or another cycle. I sure wish i knew who and WHAT you are, well for that matter all I need to do is go outside and look for dog shite on the ground and there you will be, aszhole,,,, regaurdless of what you think of bikes this was someone brother son maybe dad. And you put filth on here like that, I would love to see you or a family member hurt,,,, but then i would be shite like you and that isnt true you are the lowest form of a germ in a pile of crap.
Do you think you can communicate without attacking someone or using abusive language?
justme

Malvern, OH

#16 Apr 13, 2009
country soul - PA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think you can communicate without attacking someone or using abusive language?
Yes I can attack without using it. But this guy has no regaurd to others PERIOD, biker or not.

erie

#17 Apr 13, 2009
Douglas in Erie wrote:
My bro in law was killed from a severed artery in his leg from hitting the handlebars on impact,so a helmet was worthless.why is this the first thing people always say? should have had a helmet on. geez
justme

Malvern, OH

#18 Apr 13, 2009
fellow biker wrote:
I don't think I knew him, but I want to give the family my condolences. I've lost a couple friends on motorcycles. Doesn't matter how old or what kind of bike they ride, it is still tragic and devistating! I did notice though that the media did NOT say anything about "hight rate of speed" as they usually do and mentioned nothing about helmets.... but helmets only help in low speed or non-impact crashes. RIP man!!!
I dont know for sure if he was or not wearing a helmet. But as mrkihn stated earlier that helmets other than a skid does very little.Go back and read his post. I would bet big money that this guy was wearing a helmet,as they didnt mention it on the news. The media Will only state the person WAS NOT wearing a helmet. I told someone about this early last year and if I remember she said 1 or 2 out of all accidents last year were not wearing. They just love to put it out there as they want it back into law. And it will happen as soon as the govener finishes him term. Unless we get another biker friendly govener. Rest in peace mike, Didnt know you ,,,,,,,but way to soon,
Lorrie

Elyria, OH

#19 Apr 13, 2009
I live in this area, when you are heading north on June St and stop at the stop sign at Fairmont, you cant see what is coming because of the blue pickup truck that is parked there on a daily basis. You have to inch your way out to see beyond it. There should be a law that you have to park so many feet away from a stop sign for this reason.My husband and I are bikers as well, and feel terrible about this accident. People are always pulling out in front of us, with the weather getting better there will be more bikes on the road. Please watch out for the bikes, they have as much right on the road as a car.

Since: Apr 09

Erie, PA

#20 Apr 13, 2009
I knew someone that was killed on a motorcycle in this same stretch. My prayers go out to the family.

I won't take sides on who's fault it may be because I have known many vehicle/motorcycle accidents in which both sides have been at fault. This road seems to be a bit more dangerous maybe due to the Blvd. Either the cars cutting over aren't seeing the motorcycles well enough, or they aren't paying attention well enough.
Rubino Funeral Home Inc

Waterford, PA

#21 Apr 13, 2009
I will order up a few more pine boxes for you two for free!! Come get fitted. I'm out back in the bin with the rest of the dog shite!!! LOL ABATE - Cars and Trucks are EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!
Vroom Vroom
Rubino Funeral Home Inc

Waterford, PA

#22 Apr 13, 2009
ABATE - Cars and Trucks are EVERYWHERE. Vroom Vroom. Morons!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
north korea 12 min gopgary 1
Why Bernie?? 14 min gopgary 3
Minimum wage 15 min gopgary 59
New Layoffs at G.E. 23 min tired of being PC 5
News Contractor wants dismissed from Erie inmate sui... 31 min tired of being PC 3
Christian Lestat Busiere 1 hr Kornetz 9
Christian lestat update 2 hr Kornetz 10
Rebecca Styn- Mover of the Week 2 hr Gertrude Crosby 28
G.E Please tell us the truth. 6 hr reality 124
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages