Erie County Prison

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fed up

Erie, PA

#1 Feb 20, 2013
The Erie Times really needs to get their facts straight. First off interviewing "Blow hard" Barry, who only knows what his minions tell him, just creates inaccurate reporting. The media loves this guys because he makes an ass of himself and he loves the spotlight. The Times doesn't want to tell the real story, only what sells papers. There is no "culture" problem at the prison. The problems at the prison are not created by the prison administration either. They are all caused by the pompous nitwits downtown. The personnel director is clueless to what his little queens are doing. The payroll department is a joke. This is not only a prison issue, it is also a courthouse issue. The new payroll system is a complete joke. It was purchased for the courthouse well before the payroll problem at the prison. The prison just got added to it. Every department that uses the new system is having problems. Not because they are against the system, it's because the system was never programmed correctly. Instead of making sure it worked first, they shoved it down everyone's throat. Now instead of admitting they screwed up and fixing it or shelving it until it works properly, they have become defensive and are blaming the employees. A computer program does what it is programmed to do. Simple fix, at least you would think. The problem is the blow that it would cause to the big EGO's in the payroll and personnel departments to acknowledge how inept they are. God forbid they could make a mistake. This is a county wide problem, yet they keep telling each department that it is only their department, like we don't talk to the other departments. They are so smug and think we are all dumb. By the way the majority of the courthouse does not use the new payroll system, including the payroll and personnel departments. Barry came to the prison and apologized for his quotes in the paper and promised a couple things that were already in the works that he had nothing to do with, to make himself look like some kind of hero. Sorry, Barry not buying. The Federal probe cited a lack of communication at the prison. No, the lack of communication is between the courthouse administration and the prison. The media loves to bash the prison on the events over the past year. First the inmate assault, PRISON STAFF investigated and reported it to the administration. Second the payroll scandal, PRISON STAFF reported that to the administration. Finally the bartender assault, the bartender left the premises and hit the officer in the head from behind, in a parking lot across the street. He reacted and is the bad guy. The Times needs to get there facts straight. Interview a courthouse or prison employee if you want facts.
seriously

Erie, PA

#2 Feb 21, 2013
To many people know the facts. Who are you trying to defend? The payroll and communication facts are already established? And why are you trying to defend the prison so hard? What is your motivation? Speak up and be real clown. I'll post my name if you will pot belly office jerk off?! I'd be willing to bet that you are one of the boys kids and don't have a clue? My advice to you is STFU before you get in over our head KID...
seriously

Erie, PA

#3 Feb 21, 2013
And yeah, pixie tweet, the ETN doesn't know shit and are idiots. No shit. But, don't act like you are all that and speak for the employees at the Prison either dumpster info...
Harley

Mansfield, OH

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Kevin Flowers is the big reporter of the prison but he NEVER gets all the facts. Don't know where he gets his info, but it is usually only half of what's going on. The Times (Meads) are big buds of Barry so don't expect too much from them to report the true facts about the big bucky beaver. As for the prison Veshecco sits in his office with the true belief that what he doesn't know will just make sliding into retirement so much less stressful. Go to the top of administration and get the facts how they want no overtime wages on the books, just comp people. Comp time was the whole basis behind the "payroll scandal". All just crap. It happened with the 911 center and it happened at the prison. When comp time is brought up the higher ups state "there is no comp time" bullshit. Kevin Flowers, get off your duff and start reporting on the comp time issue. Go to the courthouse to the people in charge and they will say no such thing, then go to the different county departments that have been told repeatedly "no overtime comp the employees". Weindorf "retired" over the issue. Get ALL of your facts Kevin then write!
Just Sayin

Beaver Falls, PA

#5 Feb 21, 2013
To Fed Up: Sounds like you made some excellent points! But instead of ranting on Topix, call Kevin Flowers and set up an interview!! I'm sure he would love to write another story!! Heck, you should run for County Executive too... Sounds like you have your shit together! I'd vote for you!!! BTW with all the defending you're doing for the prison administration why don't you help pull the Warden's head out of his or Big Bad Barry's ass?? Just sayin...
meballsitch

Erie, PA

#6 Feb 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
To Fed Up: Sounds like you made some excellent points! But instead of ranting on Topix, call Kevin Flowers and set up an interview!! I'm sure he would love to write another story!! Heck, you should run for County Executive too... Sounds like you have your shit together! I'd vote for you!!! BTW with all the defending you're doing for the prison administration why don't you help pull the Warden's head out of his or Big Bad Barry's ass?? Just sayin...
Kevin and cronies at ETN are all on Grossman's side, believe whatever line of crap the administration feeds them. maybe have better luck with the tv media, but they are all dimwitted recent communication grads, no knowledge how to investigate and find the dirt, just read off press releases. Bring back Carol Pella, Hyle Richmond, etc.
Fed up

Erie, PA

#7 Feb 21, 2013
seriously wrote:
To many people know the facts. Who are you trying to defend? The payroll and communication facts are already established? And why are you trying to defend the prison so hard? What is your motivation? Speak up and be real clown. I'll post my name if you will pot belly office jerk off?! I'd be willing to bet that you are one of the boys kids and don't have a clue? My advice to you is STFU before you get in over our head KID...
I work at the prison, dumb ass. I have no relatives that work for the county. I would love to show you my pot belly, tough guy.
Fed up

Erie, PA

#8 Feb 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
Thanks:) We have a direct order from the County Executive, that we are not allowed to say anything to the newspaper or face disciplinary action....LOL It's a one-way street for Barry. As far as the Warden goes, he can only say so much, too much politics involved.
Fed up

Erie, PA

#9 Feb 21, 2013
seriously wrote:
And yeah, pixie tweet, the ETN doesn't know shit and are idiots. No shit. But, don't act like you are all that and speak for the employees at the Prison either dumpster info...
I am all that....LOL.
Fed up

Erie, PA

#10 Feb 21, 2013
seriously wrote:
I see from your other post about Loftus, that you work with him. So you posted this crap at 4AM, just get done drinking at the club. You're just some second shift piece of shit. See you at roll call.
Just Sayin

Erie, PA

#11 Feb 21, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks:) We have a direct order from the County Executive, that we are not allowed to say anything to the newspaper or face disciplinary action....LOL It's a one-way street for Barry. As far as the Warden goes, he can only say so much, too much politics involved.
A direct order for the County Executive?? WOW... sounds intimidating, almost hostile! Didn't realize he had so much power!! Aren't you John Q Public when you're off the clock? What's the threat of disciplinary action about? Are they afraid of what the "people" would say? Almost like they're afraid of the truth!! You know as the saying goes... the truth will set you free!! Just sayin...
Seriously

Erie, PA

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
A direct order for the County Executive?? WOW... sounds intimidating, almost hostile! Didn't realize he had so much power!! Aren't you John Q Public when you're off the clock? What's the threat of disciplinary action about? Are they afraid of what the "people" would say? Almost like they're afraid of the truth!! You know as the saying goes... the truth will set you free!! Just sayin...
Not for the county executive, FROM the county executive goof!!
Fed up

Erie, PA

#13 Feb 21, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are allowed to tell the newspaper that you would fire the warden, you just can't say anything negative about what goes on at the courthouse...lol. Everything has to look good over there because there can't be anything wrong in King Barry's house.
Fed up

Erie, PA

#14 Feb 21, 2013
Seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for the county executive, FROM the county executive goof!!
Oops typo. Is that the best you got? Have another beer, you sounded so much tougher last night.
mike

Erie, PA

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Bottom line is that the top is to blame. They don't make sure, they don't take care of the problems. Instead just hire someone else to put the blame on. Nothing changes, because the top, top, and the sub tops are still riding the tide. Nothing will get done until leadership changes.. Employees struggle, it's every man for himself, because there is no leadership at the top, top or sub top.
seriously

Erie, PA

#16 Feb 22, 2013
Just so you know, I did not post any of the above. That is someone else posting under my name. And btw, I agree with all you said Fed up. and oh yeah, Loftus is a tool and doesn't have enough spine to be in charge of a damn thing either.
seriously

Erie, PA

#17 Feb 22, 2013
And oh yeah, King Barry is a tool too!
Just Sayin

Erie, PA

#18 Feb 22, 2013
mike wrote:
Bottom line is that the top is to blame. They don't make sure, they don't take care of the problems. Instead just hire someone else to put the blame on. Nothing changes, because the top, top, and the sub tops are still riding the tide. Nothing will get done until leadership changes.. Employees struggle, it's every man for himself, because there is no leadership at the top, top or sub top.
Sad case! Absolutely pathetic!! I feel for all the good workers there! But when there are supervisors in the same union as those they have to "supervise" causes issues by itself!! Unless of course you're a friend of a supervisor! Or even worse... When your family is friends with the Warden you're automatically untouchable!! Yep... Sounds like what's good for one isn't the same for others!! Typical do as I say not as I do!! Just sayin...
Just Sayin

Erie, PA

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>Oops typo. Is that the best you got? Have another beer, you sounded so much tougher last night.
Looks like you made an impact too on seriously! Good job!! See what a difference you've made just from posting on Topix? Go for it... Run for County Executive!!!! Just sayin...
Fed up

Erie, PA

#20 Feb 22, 2013
seriously wrote:
Just so you know, I did not post any of the above. That is someone else posting under my name. And btw, I agree with all you said Fed up. and oh yeah, Loftus is a tool and doesn't have enough spine to be in charge of a damn thing either.
I apologize first for attacking second shift, which was not my intention, nor is it to argue with you. Obviously I work with you and if the first post wasn't you, you misunderstood that I am in fact someone in the ranks that works along with you. No need to argue with each other, when we are on the same team. There is just a lot of BS going on that doesn't need to be. 99% of the employees just want to punch in, do their job, and go home. Unfortunately it just can't be that simple. Especially with a time clock that isn't programmed correctly and stubborn fools downtown that don't want to fix the problem. If you punch a time clock, you should not have to worry about being underpaid, overpaid or not paid correctly. The computer is only as good as the program. They just hired an accountant to do 40 hours worth of payroll adjustments on a system that costs 130,000 a year that doesn't work. What a waste of taxpayer dollars. Where is Sue Weber when you need her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama takes a breather in Hawaii 11 min ETN Editrorial Board 7
Millcreek School District 1 hr Reality 15
State Parole and Probation 1 hr courthouse mouse 7
Clowns at the Sunflower club 1 hr erieite 8
Should Figaski Resign in Shame? 1 hr Fielder Field Phil 9
'Most Wanted' fugitive nabbed in North East 8 hr NobleShield 1
Cuba 9 hr Real Black woman 15
Does Cathedral Prep really care about inner cit... 18 hr AreUSerious 137
Erie Dating
Find my Match