Selling Gold in Erie

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Harden Thicke

Waterford, PA

#1 Oct 4, 2010
Can anyone suggest a local business that gives you a fair price for gold? My wife has some old jewelry that she has that we are thinking about selling. Mostly gold necklaces and an old ring. Who would you go to to buy this gold? We've never done this so I don't know who gives you a fair price.
Grape Ape

Stow, OH

#2 Oct 4, 2010
Harden Thicke wrote:
Can anyone suggest a local business that gives you a fair price for gold? My wife has some old jewelry that she has that we are thinking about selling. Mostly gold necklaces and an old ring. Who would you go to to buy this gold? We've never done this so I don't know who gives you a fair price.
dahlkempers
Rabbi Schmoizel

Brunswick, OH

#3 Oct 4, 2010
Oy- vey! You should have to ask such a question? Just ask Jackie Mason of course!
Anonymous

Beachwood, OH

#4 Oct 4, 2010
you can mail it to me..i'll check it out and then mail you a check.
Hot Tip

Erie, PA

#5 Oct 4, 2010
Harden Thicke wrote:
Check with at least 3 places. We finally got the best money from Dempsey and Baxter. There was about a 25% difference from low to high price.
Harden Thicke

Erie, PA

#6 Oct 4, 2010
Thanks H.T. I don't expect to make $1200. But on average would you mind saying what they offered you? It was such a lovely weekend this past one, my wife found a couple of things she no longer likes or wears so we figured we might as well see what we can get for it. Where else did you go besides Dempseys? This is the first time for me!!
Hot Tip

Erie, PA

#7 Oct 4, 2010
My wife did the deal, she went to Dahlkempers and another I don't recall. Offers ranged from a little less than 800 to a little over 1000. Only took her about an hour to do the running around.
It wasn't very much jewelry, a few gaudy rings her mother gave her and some other trinkets. Don't forget you should be able to negotiate some. They're still making a good buck off the gold.
The Hebe

United States

#8 Oct 4, 2010
you should be buying gold... not selling it
Hot Tip

Erie, PA

#9 Oct 4, 2010
The Hebe wrote:
you should be buying gold... not selling it
That's what the experts said about real estate in 2007.
The Hebe

United States

#10 Oct 4, 2010
Hot Tip wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the experts said about real estate in 2007.
good thing you took their advice and stayed in your section 8 rental.
Parents of SSI Retards

Edinboro, PA

#11 Oct 4, 2010
We have lots of gold jewelry...we buy it with all of the SSI checks.

We just got more than $4,000.00 for our eight retarded kids...that was October 1st...it happens every month...OUR CHECKS come like clockwork.

Our kids don't even have to try to learn in school since the system has set us up for failure buy paying us, at such a young age, not to work.

Just like the Noyers...Thanks tax payer suckers.

Please don't write your congressmen to complain about this wonderful gravy train.
Parents of SSI Retards

Edinboro, PA

#12 Oct 4, 2010
Oh...and of course we encourage our retarded kids to breed...and breed and breed again.
Parents of SSI Retards

Edinboro, PA

#13 Oct 4, 2010
Amazing how that cycle of recipients makes life so easy for us.

We were grandparents at 30 years of age...sweet success...great grandparents at 44.
Balls Golden

Erie, PA

#14 Oct 4, 2010
My balls are 24kt pure. Would you like to weigh them in your oral orafice? Let me know.
Anonymous

Beachwood, OH

#15 Oct 4, 2010
sounds like harden just ripped off his old neighbor for some gold and now wants to cash it in at the highest value.....don't offer this guy any advise
Harden Thicke

Waterford, PA

#16 Oct 5, 2010
TJ - Get real. If you read my posts you'll see why we are selling it. I guess if you had a wife or girlfriend you would understand.
Goldmember

Brunswick, OH

#17 Oct 5, 2010
Harden; Did your wife find the several pieces of jewelry in other peoples' homes? Jesus dosen't lie.
me too

Vandergrift, PA

#18 Oct 7, 2010
I have a bunch of old gaudy jewelry I too am considering selling. My though was to first take it a good jeweler and get it appraised, because if I dont sell it now and the gold price still goes up, I have at least documented the details.
I thought I'd wait until next year to see how devastating these taxes are going to be.
Anonymous

Beachwood, OH

#19 Oct 8, 2010
tmi
JRZ

Erie, PA

#20 Nov 26, 2012
Hot Tip wrote:
<quoted text>
Check with at least 3 places. We finally got the best money from Dempsey and Baxter. There was about a 25% difference from low to high price.
Same for me. Dempsey & Baxter offered to pay way more than any of the other stores in the area and they helped educate me on what I had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wolf announces millions in wasteful spending in... 24 min WLKKK 24
Jay Breneman's beard 26 min Rat Trap 13
convicted PA politician gets massive pension 1 hr TheLooneyTunesOst... 17
Whats going in at 12th & Hilborn? 1 hr Newsreel 3
Merry xmas 1 hr Newsreel 5
Poor Me! 2 hr Mary Rose 23
laughlin: fall down drunk in hburg 2 hr Lou what a Guy 71

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance