illegal companies
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lol

Erie, PA

#1 Jul 10, 2014
Can someone get in trouble for having a lawn care service that they only claim they make a 1000$ a year but you know they are way under reporting what they earn. And also if you worked for them and got hurt can they get in trouble if they tell you not to file a workers comp claim or unemployment in the winter. It just seems very shady. Would a business get in trouble for that kind of stuff?
Dirt Bags

Erie, PA

#2 Jul 10, 2014
Here's one for you...
How about a 40 year old guy on disability running and working his own landscaping business?
AND... has the income filed under his wife's name.
AND... always reports a loss or very very low income a with his fraudulent bookkeeping. It is done by a special friend who knows how to do taxes "like that" for friends and family
AND... even though disabled (physically) he still rides his snowmobile and jet ski and 4 wheeler.
I won't even list his other "side jobs", which are illegal.
Gotta love America!
Johnny B Good

Erie, PA

#3 Jul 10, 2014
Find out who to report these so-called businesses to and report them. ASAP!
tax man

Erie, PA

#4 Jul 10, 2014
Dirt Bags wrote:
Here's one for you...
How about a 40 year old guy on disability running and working his own landscaping business?
AND... has the income filed under his wife's name.
AND... always reports a loss or very very low income a with his fraudulent bookkeeping. It is done by a special friend who knows how to do taxes "like that" for friends and family
AND... even though disabled (physically) he still rides his snowmobile and jet ski and 4 wheeler.
I won't even list his other "side jobs", which are illegal.
Gotta love America!
Would that companies name be E-N-R?
Martin

Erie, PA

#5 Jul 10, 2014
Most new companies can show a loss for the first few years. You don't know anything about self employment. , I guess. However the other stuff with ssi is very shady
A LOSS CAN BE SHOWN

Erie, PA

#6 Jul 10, 2014
Martin wrote:
Most new companies can show a loss for the first few years. You don't know anything about self employment., I guess. However the other stuff with ssi is very shady
but if legitimate. If audited by the IRS, could find a bunch of unreported income. They have their ways. Then may not be a true loss!!!
Old News

Erie, PA

#7 Jul 10, 2014
People have been pulling this shiznit forever! It's nothing new, just a matter of luck and time whether or not these businesses get busted. Not all disabilities are visible either, you nosy snitch. Maybe the "guy" qualifies as a nut job and gets disability.
Screwed worker

Erie, PA

#8 Jul 10, 2014
This guy is not disabled. He works 2 jobs. The 2nd being lawn care. I got hurt but he says I can't file a workers comp complaint. Then I asked him about in the winter can I file for unemployment and he said no . I would not qualify. Also let me say he pays me in cash saying he does not need to have a payroll because his company is so small. I'm just out of high school so I don't know laws etc. I'm just trying to work, but where I work seems very shady. Boss either will not answer my questions or will change the subject. Or just plain walk away like he did not hear me. To tell you the truth I think he does not report his lawn care and has been doing so for some time now. I looked at what he charges. And would he get in trouble for not reporting 10,000 15,000$ a year? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
testiclees

Bowling Green, OH

#9 Jul 11, 2014
Screwed worker wrote:
This guy is not disabled. He works 2 jobs. The 2nd being lawn care. I got hurt but he says I can't file a workers comp complaint. Then I asked him about in the winter can I file for unemployment and he said no . I would not qualify. Also let me say he pays me in cash saying he does not need to have a payroll because his company is so small. I'm just out of high school so I don't know laws etc. I'm just trying to work, but where I work seems very shady. Boss either will not answer my questions or will change the subject. Or just plain walk away like he did not hear me. To tell you the truth I think he does not report his lawn care and has been doing so for some time now. I looked at what he charges. And would he get in trouble for not reporting 10,000 15,000$ a year? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
quit thinking like a black she democrat, buy your own lawnmower, go out and take away his customers !
HeavyHitters is d way 2 g

United States

#10 Jul 11, 2014
He doesn't want you fiing for UC because he probably doesn't have an accont with the state and/or most likely is no paying into it. You could try to file, but you would need to provide pay stubs to show what you made. If he is paying you cash under the table, you are SOL.
Old News

Erie, PA

#11 Jul 11, 2014
Go work for someone who pays you on the books (paycheck) instead of under the table (cash). Is there a reason you don't want to be on the books? Trying to avoid paying your child support?
jack

Erie, PA

#12 Jul 11, 2014
there is a fraud hotline for most things. including state attorney general's office.

Unless this guy really crapped on you, move on. It can be bad karma to do what your thinking.

Under the table is only good if you're ducking something, otherwise in the long run it will bite you in the *ss., especially when you need proof of payment for benefits, like SS, Medical insurance, credit history, the list goes on.

Leave this guy behind and go legit.
Karma

Erie, PA

#13 Jul 11, 2014
I agree with Jack. What goes around comes around.
In the know

Erie, PA

#14 Jul 11, 2014
Screwed worker wrote:
This guy is not disabled. He works 2 jobs. The 2nd being lawn care. I got hurt but he says I can't file a workers comp complaint. Then I asked him about in the winter can I file for unemployment and he said no . I would not qualify. Also let me say he pays me in cash saying he does not need to have a payroll because his company is so small. I'm just out of high school so I don't know laws etc. I'm just trying to work, but where I work seems very shady. Boss either will not answer my questions or will change the subject. Or just plain walk away like he did not hear me. To tell you the truth I think he does not report his lawn care and has been doing so for some time now. I looked at what he charges. And would he get in trouble for not reporting 10,000 15,000$ a year? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You
1) your first mistake is looking her for advice, however
2) call a lawyer about work comp and unemployment issues. If you are seeking a work comp consult it should be free.
Making Us All Look Bad

Erie, PA

#15 Jul 11, 2014
Not all small landscapers are shoddy operators. I hate these small time guys who make the rest of us legitimate hardworking guys look bad. I am sorry you got screwed by the guy you work for. Live and learn.
Lol

Erie, PA

#16 Jul 11, 2014
Old News wrote:
Go work for someone who pays you on the books (paycheck) instead of under the table (cash). Is there a reason you don't want to be on the books? Trying to avoid paying your child support?
I never said I didn't want to be on the books. Why do you not read my whole statement before making a comment.I got a job, the guy only pays cash saying he does not need to by paycheck because he is a small company. And what are you talking about child support, I just turned 18 and just got out of high school. Sorry I will wait awhile for kids. I still got a whole life to live in front of me. And I do not plan on having kids without being married first and having my life together.
Lol

Erie, PA

#17 Jul 11, 2014
And thank you for the feedback without being mean or a jerk about it. I am not so informed on these things and appreciate your help.
Big dummy

Erie, PA

#18 Jul 11, 2014
Old News wrote:
Go work for someone who pays you on the books (paycheck) instead of under the table (cash). Is there a reason you don't want to be on the books? Trying to avoid paying your child support?
Do you think having a job under the books stops child support, you could be in the city mission or be homeless and they would still expect you to pay child support. Wow know what you are talking about before you type.
Old News

Erie, PA

#19 Jul 11, 2014
Big dummy wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think having a job under the books stops child support, you could be in the city mission or be homeless and they would still expect you to pay child support. Wow know what you are talking about before you type.
WOW! Listen BIG DUMMY - I didn't say it STOPPED child support. Learn to read and comprehend before engaging in anymore discussions on topix. I would make a remark about your public school education, but I am not so sure you attended public school. I would think most products of the public school system would be familiar with the child support system and how it operates since most of them come from sheety situations. Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones who came from a decent home or you're just plain dumb. BTW, you picked a good name for yourself, BIG DUMMY <and cue the applause>.
Some "fathers" aka "sperm donors" aka "dead beat dads" work off the books and get paid in ca$h so their wages can't be garnished by a court order. Their court ordered support continues to accrue and they end up in arrears. Wake up smell the coffee, look around and see what is going on in the world not just what goes on in front of your nose.
P.S. I work at the court house.
Really

Erie, PA

#20 Jul 11, 2014
Old News wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Listen BIG DUMMY - I didn't say it STOPPED child support. Learn to read and comprehend before engaging in anymore discussions on topix. I would make a remark about your public school education, but I am not so sure you attended public school. I would think most products of the public school system would be familiar with the child support system and how it operates since most of them come from sheety situations. Maybe you're just one of the lucky ones who came from a decent home or you're just plain dumb. BTW, you picked a good name for yourself, BIG DUMMY <and cue the applause>.
Some "fathers" aka "sperm donors" aka "dead beat dads" work off the books and get paid in ca$h so their wages can't be garnished by a court order. Their court ordered support continues to accrue and they end up in arrears. Wake up smell the coffee, look around and see what is going on in the world not just what goes on in front of your nose.
P.S. I work at the court house.
I find it funny you talking smack on someone, when in a few posts earlier you did the same thing,and the person said read my whole comment before saying something , now you are saying the same thing, come with something original. I also find it funny you only address part of what was said because you do not have a answer for the rest of it. And he was referring to you being a big dummy "applause" you friggin idiot. Speaking about waking up and smelling the coffee since you P.S. THAT YOU WORK AT THE COURTHOUSE, please explain why is it the DA can't prosecute a crime, explain why the same people are commiting the same crimes every year, explain why judges are so lenient on violent criminals, explain the ethics case against domitrivichahoe. And now explain your public school comment, so your saying everyone who attends public school is basically trash or dumb. Wow great comment do you talk to your fellow workers and tell them your views , doubt it!!!!!!. Where do you work in the courthouse because with biased views such as your have been a problem for some time, maybe it is people like you who are ruining our city because you come across like a know it all, and most people find that quite annoying. I do not know whoever started this but he was just asking questions, no need to be a jerk. But Mr Old News you seem like a jerk and @sshole, and with those views should not be working in the courthouse as you claim. So where do you work so someone can file a complaint because it is people likr you who are dragging this city down, you coward behind a computer thinking your tuff, but how bad has our courthouse got, what a laughing stock the employees judges and District Attorney are. You people in the courthouse are the problem with Erie, not the police who continue to arrest ppl you courthouse people have let out. And you should not have a job their with your biased and racy comments. Maybe i will reverse look up your ip address and find out who you are so I can turn you in. As a start to cleaning up that place. So please respond Mr Courthouse Coward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Pagans Motorcycle Club coming to Erie (Apr '12) 1 hr pud whacker 36
Old strip club 18 and sass (Nov '14) 2 hr Joe 13
Frankie and May Grocer: Overpriced and Overhyped! (Apr '12) 3 hr daisies on the piano 111
Black men wiping out white race 3 hr Doctor Clue 19
bikers are just like ghetto thugs (May '12) 3 hr Columbia_Guy 44
Stop glorify U.S. Military 4 hr Bobby 23
News Hess to take over leadership of Harbor Creek sc... 5 hr FIAT Joe 2
Amy Cuzzola-Kern Mon Kath 12
More from around the web

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]