Sewickley, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Joe America wrote:
The city will lose upon appeal. Keep up the good fight Justin.
i used to believe that bullshit too. The government squashed me like a bug. Don't get too cute for your own good.
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

beeman wrote:
<quoted text>i used to believe that bullshit too. The government squashed me like a bug. Don't get too cute for your own good.
So just sit back and let the tyrants trample. Evil succeeds when good people do nothing. The nation is full of too many do nothings. Hence the success of the democrat party and the likes of Barack Hussein Obama.
beeman

Marietta, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Tacks Know More wrote:
<quoted text>
So just sit back and let the tyrants trample. Evil succeeds when good people do nothing. The nation is full of too many do nothings. Hence the success of the democrat party and the likes of Barack Hussein Obama.
If the law says don't do something, my hard earned lessons say you better not do it. Go ahead and make your point if you dare, but be prepared for years of settled case law to crush the life out of you.
Kujoyo

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

What kind of loser wants to carry a gun in a park? What are you so scared of? Grow a pair
notall libs are idiots

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

beeman wrote:
<quoted text> If the law says don't do something, my hard earned lessons say you better not do it. Go ahead and make your point if you dare, but be prepared for years of settled case law to crush the life out of you.
If you read the state law, Erie's law is clearly illegal. How they found a judge to uphold it is beyond me. It will be thrown out by a state court.
Flint Westwood

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

notall libs are idiots......You are correct, Philadelphia has already had their hands slapped for violating the law.but they keep trying because most libs are idiots & Philadelphia because they are deemed a first class municipality think they are above Pennsylvania law.
Erie`s Democratic politicians do not think & will not take the time to read the State Law ......Yes, this will be overturned, the law has been on the books for many years & precedence has been established.
Rowdy

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

What happens when the PA Supreme court upholds reasonable restrictions? Then you self-proclaimed 'Gun Activists' will have done more permanent damage to the cause than any anti gunner could have done.

Justin is a dangerously misguided idiot.
Counter Point

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

The state Supreme Court should be ruling on the injunction petition soon. Don't see them overruling the Commonwealth Court or Judge DiSantis. What Philly did was a lot different from Erie's ordinance because it actually tried to regulate possession and sales of guns. Erie doesn't do that, and two levels of the state courts have recognized that, yet you zealots keep insisting the Philadelphia case is the same. Get a clue; the judges read those cases and aren't going to ignore them just to give Erie a break.
flint Westwoo d

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Counter Point wrote:
The state Supreme Court should be ruling on the injunction petition soon. Don't see them overruling the Commonwealth Court or Judge DiSantis. What Philly did was a lot different from Erie's ordinance because it actually tried to regulate possession and sales of guns. Erie doesn't do that, and two levels of the state courts have recognized that, yet you zealots keep insisting the Philadelphia case is the same. Get a clue; the judges read those cases and aren't going to ignore them just to give Erie a break.
Actually it is quite relevant as when the State Supreme Court overruled the City of Philadelphia in Ortiz versus the Commonwealth in a weapons ban case in 1996 they referenced the same statute which forbids any County, Municipality or Township from enacting legislation which restricts ownership,purchase, sale or carry in public areas any firearm not specifically restricted by the State Uniform firearms act.They further stated the only legislative body which had power to amend or change the Uniform Firearms act was the State Legislature.
The State has total control of gun regulation/laws & places like Erie are required to obey despite what our local judiciary might think.
notall libs are idiots

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Counter Point wrote:
What Flint said.

How can you interpret the following to allow the city of Erie to make laws governing weapons possession?

(a) General rule.--No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.

The judges that ruled otherwise should be removed for incompetence.
Counter Point

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Well, looky here--Supreme Court completed the trifecta today. Dillon DENIED!!
http://www.pacourts.us/assets/opinions/Suprem...
No need to show my gun

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Did you see the video of that bunch in Perry Square. That crew had more guns than teeth.
I can understand their need to "open carry". If they tucked their gun under their belts it would take them 15 minutes to find it.
By the way... I love to hunt, own several guns and don't need to show how tough I am by waving them around in a public park.
Get a life.
notall libs are idiots

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Makes no sense at all. If the city can outlaw weapons in the park can they also outlaw concealed weapons in the entire city? If I am walking down State St. do I have to walk over to French St. to get around the park if I am carrying a concealed weapon? Something is really fishy here.
No Rational Adults

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Ive got $500.00 for any participant in " right to carry " clownfest that produce a College diploma.
Economy Stimulator

Lake City, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Big deal, you can't carry a gun in the park. Deal with it. What do you want to do, go squirrel hunting there? The attention seeking paranoid squirrel should have never started this nonsense. I remember when I was a kid some paranoid open carrying mofo showed up at my bus stop trying to intimidate some 12 year olds. The police dealt with him accordingly. By the way I'll keep my guns,no need to open carry.
Opansic

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Very nice of that Justin Dillion idiot to set gun owners back decades with his crap. Thanks to him there is now case law that upholds the right of municipalities to reasonably restrict firearm carry.

Justin did more damage than CeaseFirePA could have dreamed of.

No wonder the real pro-gun people in Erie want nothing to do with him and openly speak out against what he is doing.
beeman

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

I told you so. Take it from somebody who was ground underfoot like a spent cigarette butt. The cops like their power and aren't afraid to use it. They don't give two shits about your alleged rights. You are nothing but troublesome noisemakers.
Counter Point

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

notall libs are idiots wrote:
Makes no sense at all. If the city can outlaw weapons in the park can they also outlaw concealed weapons in the entire city? If I am walking down State St. do I have to walk over to French St. to get around the park if I am carrying a concealed weapon? Something is really fishy here.
I would say no. Prohibiting the open carrying of guns in a public park is a whole lot different from prohibiting permitted concealed weapons throughout the city.
2A supporter

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

those who carry openly become the first target when some nit wit is in the area and wants to do some evil.

those who carry concealed keep the evil foul scum guessing who they can pick on and get away from without getting hurt.

Erie is becoming more violent every day and they still plea bargain the gun charge in exchange for a guilty plea to lessor offenses and the judges don't give the max penalty for gun crimes.

time to elect those who actually have a spine.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Erie Forum right now

Search the Erie Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 34 min LMFAO 51,244
Millcreek Taxes 44 min taxed2death 678
Fiat Superstore 47 min Joey Fiat 6
Filet Mignon Au Citi 51 min cTi 11
Blacks out of hand in Erie 52 min Black mother 110
More Good Jobs For Erie On Way 53 min Zugzwang 6
Prep Football Schedule 1 hr Napier 13
Voted the worse grocery store-Giant Eagle 2 hr millie vanillie 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Erie Jobs