Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

Renwicks who had a contract with City of Erie were stealing car parts about the same time.

This was no hit, but a botched confrontation.
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

What powerful imaginations some of you have
Interested Cop

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Fat Sam I talked to some people last night and today involved in the case back in 1980 and early 1981.

There is a strong link to David CAMBRA but I'm still not sold that a EPD Cop is not somehow involved. I'm working on finding a way to speak to the 2 truckers that saw OWEN and 2 other people just before he was shot near 18th street.

And does the name Dennis TOBIN have any links to this that you are aware of???
Interested Cop

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

As of now CAMBRA can't be completely dismissed.
Lou Tullio

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

History Lesson 101 wrote:
Renwicks who had a contract with City of Erie were stealing car parts about the same time.
This was no hit, but a botched confrontation.
Yes, I gave permission to Renwicks and Bizzaro to tow/steal I believe Bizzaros still have the tow/steal business going. But they are having to compete with that freak of nature Keith Obaker. If you really want to get lubed call West County Auto. Since Obaker is losing his a s s at the Amish buggy they pretty much flop you right down on the trunk of the car and give you the "good deal"
one could only wish

Shelby, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Interested Cop wrote:
Fat Sam I talked to some people last night and today involved in the case back in 1980 and early 1981.
There is a strong link to David CAMBRA but I'm still not sold that a EPD Cop is not somehow involved. I'm working on finding a way to speak to the 2 truckers that saw OWEN and 2 other people just before he was shot near 18th street.
That Tobin was involved!!!! I know several people that would love to see him jammed!
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Interested Cop wrote:
Not that I am or was aware of on Tobin. Yes the name David Cambra does play a part, but Im going with a gut on what happened and who did it
sleuth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Some great comments on this thread. Just what I hoped would happen when I posted it.
To "interested cop", check the web site "Fat Sam" linked, scroll to the bottom and there's a name of a person you should talk to.
To "Fat Sam", if that is your site you linked, I'm a fan of your work.
If we keep this discussion going you never know who might stumble on it and offer something useful.

Since: Jan 11

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

"FAT SAM" You say that you know all parties involved on both sides of the aisle, so then you should be able to answer some questions below. Let's start posting real names involved so we can solve this MURDER.

"INTERESTED COP" Don't give up yet! We need all the help we can get to solve this case. And no I did not, but I am now. MCDOWELL is now a salesman and was an ex-cop. Rumor has it that he was fired from the Erie Police dept.

SERIOUS QUESTIONS

(1) What is the connection, if any, between GRASSI and DIPAOLO? I know they worked together but is there any family connection like GRASSI and TULLIO? Connection between DIPAOLO and ESPER families?

(2) What are the names of the (9) officers that were at the burglary scene on Hilltop Rd? Names and who are deceased/alive?

(3) What is the actual address/residence that OWEN was at playing cards the night before he was murdered? Who are the names of the other individuals playing cards with him?(key question) It has been reported that the location was close to the murder scene, but never gave an actual address.

(4) Who called OWEN at the house when he was playing cards that made him leave so urgently? Someone there knows who he was talking to. Did the phone company have phone records back then?

When he arrived at the scene, OWEN's car radio was on channel 3, which assumes he was talking to another officer(s) that was working that night. Who was working that night?

The major key to the puzzle is DAVID CAMBRA. He is involved more than has been released. He knows more than he has stated, but is scared to talk. The State Trooper investigators need to offer him some sort of protection and I believe he will speak the truth about that night.
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Judged:

Absolutely agree with you on getting down to brass tacks with this .....its been too long and too many people were hurt in the process.

Here is my take then Ill answer some questions

Bob knew too much. He didnt commit the robbery, he wasnt that stupid and had too much going for him with wife, kid, business and his career. He would have never jeopardized it by doing something so senseless.

And they (whomever shot him) knew he would eventually have to tell the truth. He had nothing to lose or nothing to gain by doing so.

There had to be at least 2 guys there that night. Bob was tough, he could hold his own one on one but when ambushed , anyone can go down.

He was shot with his own weapon because the 2 nit wits that met him there werent intending it to go that far. Im pretty sure it got out of hand and Bob stood up to them and told them no way.

Thats when the scuffle insued. and the rest we know.

All anyone has to do is get the truth from Caesar. He knows who killed him.

There were some dirty cops back then that in my observance were on the take with the small time thugs doing the burglaries.

That is why Caesar knows who did it, because he was involved in the burglary along with the cop.

I wish I could remember who was first on the scene that night, that would shed more light on this

(1) What is the connection, if any, between GRASSI and DIPAOLO? I know they worked together but is there any family connection like GRASSI and TULLIO? Connection between DIPAOLO and ESPER families?

NO CONNECTION, Believe me when I tell you, Dom was NOT involved in any way shape or form. Like I stated earlier, he was alleged to have a contract out on him becuase he was getting too close and leaning too hard.

(2) What are the names of the (9) officers that were at the burglary scene on Hilltop Rd? Names and who are deceased/alive?

Ill have to go back in time to find out. Some of the motorcycle units were there. Driving cars of course because it was winter.

(3) What is the actual address/residence that OWEN was at playing cards the night before he was murdered? Who are the names of the other individuals playing cards with him?(key question) It has been reported that the location was close to the murder scene, but never gave an actual address.

He was at Bizzaros. Pretty much right there up the street. I cant remember if they were on Tow that week but records would verify that. Bikemen especially in the winter has some easy shifts. They really never responded to actual calls, they did mostly traffic accidents and back up. The district cars handled most calls unless the bikeman was in the area.

I know Paul Bizzaro was there for sure. I would have to do some digging to remember and find out who else.

(4) Who called OWEN at the house when he was playing cards that made him leave so urgently? Someone there knows who he was talking to. Did the phone company have phone records back then?

I think it would have been the guilty party that called him, I dont think he would have been on duty that night so thats why the initial call. I think if someone really knew WHO called they would have given that up cause Bob and the Bizzaros were good friends and I know they want justice as well. Im not sure if they had records like they do now. I wish I could get my hands on that file, I know I could piece this together.

(5) The major key to the puzzle is DAVID CAMBRA. He is involved more than has been released. He knows more than he has stated, but is scared to talk. The State Trooper investigators need to offer him some sort of protection and I believe he will speak the truth about that night.

Im not so sure David Cambra was a player. My gut is that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and found something he thought he could make a buck on ....

Ive never been able to link him to any of the players

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Test

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

Do you know any information about GRASSI?

I have heard the name of the first officer on the crime scene that night, but cannot think of it. I will get you that name.

If you could get me the names of those (9) officers it would help.

Which PAUL BIZZARRO? and if you could find me those names as well, it would help.

Knowing who the phone call was from is key! And BIZZARRO's may have been close with OWEN but did they know the other party (shooter) involved better?

I have good knowledge that CAMBRA was definitely at the wrong place at the wrong time, but he witnessed something he probably wishes that he never did. Cannot put information out yet, but it will come out. He is not linked to anyone.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

DeterminedCop wrote:
Do you know any information about GRASSI?
I have heard the name of the first officer on the crime scene that night, but cannot think of it. I will get you that name.
If you could get me the names of those (9) officers it would help.
Which PAUL BIZZARRO? and if you could find me those names as well, it would help.
Knowing who the phone call was from is key! And BIZZARRO's may have been close with OWEN but did they know the other party (shooter) involved better?
I have good knowledge that CAMBRA was definitely at the wrong place at the wrong time, but he witnessed something he probably wishes that he never did. Cannot put information out yet, but it will come out. He is not linked to anyone.
Grassi, wasnt involved. He has done some stupid things in life but that wasnt one of them lol

Ill dig around and find out the 9

The older Paul with the towing service. He used to live where they have a gym now just off Greengarden on I think its 2oth street

Im not sure the Bizzaros knew anything. I know they gave him polys a few times and he passed....like I stated ....they dont know anymore than we do in my opinion

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

One other thing I thought of is that even though they talk on channel 3, the operator can still follow the conversation.

Like I said, I would love to get my hands on that folder.

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

"FAT SAM" Who do YOU and DOM think are the main suspects?

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

What file are you exactly looking for?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2011

DeterminedCop wrote:
"FAT SAM" Who do YOU and DOM think are the main suspects?
I would have to talk to Dom again to sort a few things out first but I have a gut idea .....and I know his gut feeling was even better than mine since he was on the inside

And to answer your question on the folder.......the folder that holds all the transcripts and evidence .....I know I could link it all

Are you recieving my private messages? Look to the top of your page

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

I would like to hear your gut idea and DOM's...

And no I am not because my messages were disabled. It should work now that I enabled it.

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

And you also said that you know ordered a hit on DOM. How do you know that information?

Who ordered that hit?(sort of important)
Car 113

Alliance, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2011

Someone order a hit on Ronny Thomas too...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

116 Users are viewing the Erie Forum right now

Search the Erie Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
voting for tax payers only. good idea? 10 min Jay Zeus 14
Times news delivery drivers treated poor 14 min Larry 2
News and weather on the weekend, what a joke 17 min Destiny 15
Vote for the best Fitness Club 26 min Arnold 1
Teezers (Jul '12) 35 min Paul 28
The New Millcreek School District (Jan '14) 41 min Ehglish 101 874
The Top 10 Punchable Faces 43 min MikesMom 14
Prep football players 19 hr stashshefski 47
•••