of 16
Next Last
sleuth

Erie, PA

#1 Jan 16, 2011
cheezewhiz

Erie, PA

#4 Jan 16, 2011
That story makes Dipaolo look pretty bad.. I have a feeling he was involved.
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

#5 Jan 16, 2011
Dom had NOTHING to do with this ....he was the one that was investigating the missing ring, the death of Bob and the criminal activity associated with it .....

His life was in danger many times ....dont open your mouth unless you know the players and what really happen
Constitution

Erie, PA

#6 Jan 16, 2011
Somebody once said that "you couldn't sneak up on Bobby Owen unless he knew you".

“Obama=Epic Failure”

Since: May 08

Erie, Pa

#7 Jan 16, 2011
sleuth wrote:
Mafia or another Police Officer did it.
suspicious

Erie, PA

#8 Jan 16, 2011
gforce wrote:
<quoted text> Mafia or another Police Officer did it.
Especially when the cops were so quick to declare it a suicide and he's one of them.

“Obama=Epic Failure”

Erie, Pa

#9 Jan 16, 2011
suspicious wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially when the cops were so quick to declare it a suicide and he's one of them.
From what I've heard about Robert Owen, he wasn't very well liked by fellow officers and he was thought of as a dirty cop. I didn't know him so it's hard for me to judge his honesty and integrity.
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

#10 Jan 17, 2011
gforce wrote:
<quoted text> From what I've heard about Robert Owen, he wasn't very well liked by fellow officers and he was thought of as a dirty cop. I didn't know him so it's hard for me to judge his honesty and integrity.
Do you have any idea how ignorant you look with that post. Who have you heard this from? Rumors? Way to go moron.

You heard he wasnt well liked but then you state you really shouldnt judge because you didnt know him.

He wasnt the one that was dirty ...
History Lesson

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jan 17, 2011
Fred McDowell was investigated in connection to the murder of Owens. There was a lot of dirty cops back then, one was Don Barclaw, who was stealing from business's with his partner. Back then cop's had keys to many business's...
Brian Eno

Harborcreek, PA

#13 Jan 17, 2011
You don't see too many Robert Owens in Erie anymore, strong, silent, distinctly European in his charms and appearance, now replaced by waddling colossi with their puddle-mud and perplexed children to-and-fro St. St.

People in wheelchairs with shit on their face.

“Obama=Epic Failure”

Erie, Pa

#14 Jan 17, 2011
Fat Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any idea how ignorant you look with that post. Who have you heard this from? Rumors? Way to go moron.
You heard he wasnt well liked but then you state you really shouldnt judge because you didnt know him.
He wasnt the one that was dirty ...
It's rather obvious to me that you don't understand what you read. I wasn't passing any judgment on Robert Owen because I never knew him. Plus, I'm not going to mention names of people who gave me info on what happened.
Jack Handey

Dewittville, NY

#15 Jan 17, 2011
Mom always told me I could be whatever I wanted to be when I grew up, 'within reason.' When I asked her what she meant by 'within reason,' she said, 'You ask a lot of questions for a garbage man.'
opie

United States

#17 Jan 17, 2011
Any conection to any used car dealers??
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

#18 Jan 17, 2011
gforce wrote:
<quoted text> It's rather obvious to me that you don't understand what you read. I wasn't passing any judgment on Robert Owen because I never knew him. Plus, I'm not going to mention names of people who gave me info on what happened.
Please DO name names since you opened your mouth.......and if you do know any information and are not forthcoming......it will be easy enough to find out who you are and depose you .....your choice
steve lind

Erie, PA

#19 Jan 17, 2011
Fat Sam wrote:
<quoted text>it will be easy enough to find out who you are
http://tinyurl.com/4wepa38
Garys grey brain matter

East Lyme, CT

#20 Jan 17, 2011
I can be found at the Sunflower Club a lot if you'd like to chat. Oh shit, did I say that out loud?!
steve lind

Erie, PA

#21 Jan 17, 2011
Come on now

Erie, PA

#22 Jan 17, 2011
Fat Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Please DO name names since you opened your mouth.......and if you do know any information and are not forthcoming......it will be easy enough to find out who you are and depose you .....your choice
Really? Are you going to depose every person who's heard rumors about this case over the past 30 years?
BTW is it Owen or Owens? I always thought it was Owens but the ETN used Owen.
He once gave a close friend a well deserved smack down. My buddy was speeding on his motorcycle with his younger brother on the back. Owen(s) chased them but my buddy lost him and laid his bike in some weeds for awhile. After a bit they got back on the bike and were riding through town when a couple of units blocked the road and forced my buddy to lay his bike down in a slide.
Owen(s) came over, cuffed em both, picked up the driver and punched him in the face.
As my buddy lay on the ground, Owens grabbed his younger brother (15 yrs old) and picked him up to hit him but my friend yelled out, "he's a minor".
Owens put him down, removed their cuffs and everybody went on their way.
After the episode my friend never held any ill will against Owens. He always said that he (my friend) got what he deserved and it was better than going to jail for fleeing and eluding.
Ahh the good ol' days of the EPD.
hard36

Jackson Center, PA

#23 Jan 17, 2011
My best guess was that it was another cop or a group of cops. I remember a similar story the Times did on this a few years back. DiPaolo was interviewed & said he thought he knew he did it but couldnt prove it. Now he says the culprit is dead. I think I'd have to go with his judgement. Figure out who the cops were that answered the Hilltop Rd robbery where the ring came up missing (after the Montevecchio stopped by) and you have your best leads. Now how many of them are dead? Cant be a very big group to sort out.
Fat Sam

Hendersonville, NC

#24 Jan 17, 2011
hard36 wrote:
My best guess was that it was another cop or a group of cops. I remember a similar story the Times did on this a few years back. DiPaolo was interviewed & said he thought he knew he did it but couldnt prove it. Now he says the culprit is dead. I think I'd have to go with his judgement. Figure out who the cops were that answered the Hilltop Rd robbery where the ring came up missing (after the Montevecchio stopped by) and you have your best leads. Now how many of them are dead? Cant be a very big group to sort out.
You are on the right track my friend .....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GE set to announce closing 21 min Letmeout 155
News Erie group hosts talk about connecting Presque ... 1 hr I nike liggers 4
Erie's Best Prostitute 2 hr Mongo 69
David Crosby to Open Sperm Bank (Apr '15) 3 hr Mong 83
Curtis jones jr 3 hr Aunt Jemina 15
Mayoral candidate Bob Merski spearheading teach... 3 hr ZUGZWANG 29
i just stumbled upon here 3 hr ZUGZWANG 16
News Pat Howard: Failures by DevelopErie leave Erie ... 7 hr HHS Staff 23
Barbatos closed WHY?? Sun tim leary 44
More from around the web