Troyer Farms Sold?????

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chip

Harborcreek, PA

#1 Dec 13, 2008
Rumors are rampant that Waterford-based Troyer Farms has been sold to Snyder of Hanover.

Executives at Troyer Farms could not be reached for comment
Rider Kat

Chardon, OH

#2 Dec 13, 2008
chips aren't in our budget.... so who cares... honestly one chip is as good as another and in these times better to skip the chips and get real food.
UNLESS of course you have a pregnant wife... BUY the chips or be dead tomorrow.=)

Since: Nov 08

Edinboro, PA

#3 Dec 14, 2008
Snyders of Berlin makes an excelent BB-Q chip. Hope you got your Snyder wrong Chip.
Omniscient1

Akron, OH

#5 Dec 14, 2008
MeatyMcCheeze wrote:
Snyders of Berlin makes an excelent BB-Q chip. Hope you got your Snyder wrong Chip.
Their Salt and Vinegar are top shelf!

Warren, OH

#6 Dec 14, 2008
Troyer Farms has the BEST potato chips on earth! We like them better than kettle-cooked, or any of the other brands -- they're SO good! When my son was small and we would come to visit from out-of-state, one of the things he ALWAYS wanted to take back home was some bags of Troyer Farms chips. Don't know how they cook 'em to get that ultra-crunchiness and flavor, but they are first rate. Hope if the brand has been sold, they keep the same recipe because it's perfect.
lou schwartz

Dayton, OH

#7 Dec 14, 2008
who cares...exceprt they will be movong 6 billion potatoes out of the region...you see...even potatoes hate erie
Betsy

AOL

#8 Dec 14, 2008
Acually Save a lot brand chips are best! And NOT as oily, not expensive!
Peggy Sue

Franklin, PA

#9 Dec 14, 2008
With my actually working for Troyer Farm in Waterford-I can honestly tell you that you people are not aware of the Troyer Family and the business. This Family backs their employees and field workers. I was working the field during harvest season and my children were sick and Mrs Troyer went and bought all the medications and hired a babysitter to care for my children so I could work. Troyer"s is not just about the "Chip Plant". It is about the generation of the family and the Legacy they provided to the Community and the workers. Did any of you know that Troyers sold their potato's to Snyder and Wise Chip Factory that provided their chips? Troyers will set up walks for the factory and tours and give every chip they make as well as ect to their visitors (bags full per person) just to allow people to see the process of the product. So before you blast and rotten comments about Troyer's Farm Potato Factory and their chips-you had better get your facts straight and think that just maybe the potato chips you are eating from another name brand are actual potato's that was grown and shipped from Troyers Farm in Waterford.
lou schwartz

Dayton, OH

#10 Dec 14, 2008
Peggy Sue wrote:
With my actually working for Troyer Farm in Waterford-I can honestly tell you that you people are not aware of the Troyer Family and the business. This Family backs their employees and field workers. I was working the field during harvest season and my children were sick and Mrs Troyer went and bought all the medications and hired a babysitter to care for my children so I could work. Troyer"s is not just about the "Chip Plant". It is about the generation of the family and the Legacy they provided to the Community and the workers. Did any of you know that Troyers sold their potato's to Snyder and Wise Chip Factory that provided their chips? Troyers will set up walks for the factory and tours and give every chip they make as well as ect to their visitors (bags full per person) just to allow people to see the process of the product. So before you blast and rotten comments about Troyer's Farm Potato Factory and their chips-you had better get your facts straight and think that just maybe the potato chips you are eating from another name brand are actual potato's that was grown and shipped from Troyers Farm in Waterford.
are you a 'tater ? potato chips are as lethal as cigarettes...did you know that ?

Warren, OH

#11 Dec 14, 2008
Peggy Sue wrote:
That's really interesting, Peggy. Sounds like the Troyers are decent people, and we think their chips are the BEST. When my son was about 10, we came up to PA for a visit from out-of-state and he got a very sweet, cuddly white lop-eared rabbit to take back home -- he named the rabbit "Troyer" after the chips. LOL!
They won't be moving the Troyer Farms operation, will they?

Edinboro, PA

#13 Dec 14, 2008
BeckyKnapp wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really interesting, Peggy. Sounds like the Troyers are decent people, and we think their chips are the BEST. When my son was about 10, we came up to PA for a visit from out-of-state and he got a very sweet, cuddly white lop-eared rabbit to take back home -- he named the rabbit "Troyer" after the chips. LOL!
They won't be moving the Troyer Farms operation, will they?
I hope they dont shut down. Its the best smelling thing in Waterford.
chip a holic

AOL

#14 Dec 15, 2008
Wow! ARE YOU FROM THE PR DEPT? Well Written
mike

Syracuse, NY

#15 Jan 22, 2009
yea bickel's bought troyer farms. there bag looks like shit
mike

Syracuse, NY

#16 Jan 22, 2009
bon- ton best chip out there peroid.

“It's Alive - The Elusive MBP”

Since: Jan 09

Dreary Erie Mistake on da Lake

#17 Jan 23, 2009
My favor chip was Gibbles...I think that was what it called. It tasted like they were fried in bacon fat or some other excellent flavor inducing oil.

“It's Alive - The Elusive MBP”

Since: Jan 09

Dreary Erie Mistake on da Lake

#18 Jan 23, 2009
BeckyKnapp wrote:
Troyer Farms has the BEST potato chips on earth! We like them better than kettle-cooked, or any of the other brands -- they're SO good! When my son was small and we would come to visit from out-of-state, one of the things he ALWAYS wanted to take back home was some bags of Troyer Farms chips. Don't know how they cook 'em to get that ultra-crunchiness and flavor, but they are first rate. Hope if the brand has been sold, they keep the same recipe because it's perfect.
Becky, you can take a tour. I did when I was a Boy Scout and still remember it fondly.
JMT

AOL

#19 Jan 23, 2009
MBP-CALI wrote:
My favor chip was Gibbles...I think that was what it called. It tasted like they were fried in bacon fat or some other excellent flavor inducing oil.
They are the best. Fried in lard. Pork fat.

“Enjoying the sunshine ”

Location hidden

#20 Jan 23, 2009
JMT wrote:
<quoted text>
They are the best. Fried in lard. Pork fat.
TRUE!! Lard gives them that nice crispness and flavor! Nibble with Gibbles has been around for about 30 years * and if I was going to have a chip those are good ones.
Rather not eat the ones that have weird trans fat in them and make you in hurry up bathroom mode!
=)
kenneth

Erie, PA

#21 Jan 23, 2009
Chip wrote:
Rumors are rampant that Waterford-based Troyer Farms has been sold to Snyder of Hanover.
Executives at Troyer Farms could not be reached for comment
the story I heard was that company named BICKEL bought troyer farms.all in all it's sad becuase i remember troyer farms from back when i was a child.
JMT

AOL

#22 Jan 23, 2009
Rider Kat wrote:
<quoted text>
TRUE!! Lard gives them that nice crispness and flavor! Nibble with Gibbles has been around for about 30 years * and if I was going to have a chip those are good ones.
Rather not eat the ones that have weird trans fat in them and make you in hurry up bathroom mode!
=)
Did you know that restaurants used to use beef fat for deep frying everything including french fries? They tasted great but the government made the industry switch to vegtable shortening because of saturated fats. Now that same government says the vegtable shortening is no good because of trans fats. Ah government, how can we live without it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Browns bars? 27 min Lou Tullio 10
Clara Ward Wants Property Tax Exemption. 37 min Ginger 8
Lets close down churches in your neighborhhod 38 min Female Doctor 51
Pat Howard: Program harnesses power of books to... 42 min Lee 3
Times-News ignoring Junker's Penn-State connection (Jul '12) 1 hr phiwho40 8
506ers take notice 2 hr pisky 37
dumps clubaz, how youz like it? 3 hr The Real Doug Wilson 5
Laurie Eaton is taking MECA to cleaners...read.. 6 hr The truth 46

High Wind Watch for Erie County was issued at November 23 at 3:29PM EST

Erie Dating