Who is the shadiest attorney in Erie?
I cant buy a clue

Canton, OH

#22 Mar 11, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Which system is in second place?
The one with your involvement in any way, shape or form. Anything is better than that.
;)
Dave

Breckenridge, CO

#23 Mar 13, 2010
I cant buy a clue wrote:
Truthfully, I'm just messin' with you Dave. I am curious how you will answer though :)
OK, here it is; in your scenario Grandma had a choice because there were 100 mechanics on that block, and even a few good samaritans willing to do it for free. Grandma chose to hire the best mechanic because she wanted the best possible result.
The world is full of free legal advice, inexpensive legal advice, and expensive legal advice. Those with no choice get the PD, not an expensive attorney.
As a side note; Once she gts there, does grandma hold an auction at the emergency room to see which Doc gives here the best deal? Or does she just want th child to get the best treatment possible as quicky as she can? Just askin'...
I cant buy a clue

Canton, OH

#24 Mar 14, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, here it is; in your scenario Grandma had a choice because there were 100 mechanics on that block, and even a few good samaritans willing to do it for free. Grandma chose to hire the best mechanic because she wanted the best possible result.
The world is full of free legal advice, inexpensive legal advice, and expensive legal advice. Those with no choice get the PD, not an expensive attorney.
As a side note; Once she gts there, does grandma hold an auction at the emergency room to see which Doc gives here the best deal? Or does she just want th child to get the best treatment possible as quicky as she can? Just askin'...
But Dave, poor Grandma is ill of health and mind sometimes. She forgot to tell us that this occurred at 2am on a wintry Sunday night on a little traveled road. Luckily she had her cell and knew her on call 24 hr mechanic’s phone number! Plus, when she is in her mind, she’s an on-the-ball gal and will figure how to deal with the ER doctor as a situation arises.
To the point though: an earlier poster said lawyers lie. I don’t think the vast majority do because there are severe consequences for it if caught, and they can usually get the same effect without lying. Do you agree with this much? So IMO, I don’t care even if lawyers were allowed to lie.
But let’s make no mistake. This is a little like a crack dealer feigning ignorance:“for all I knew my customers were buying crack to do scientific experiments to cure cancer”. My accusation against lawyers isn’t that they lie; it’s that they’re disingenuous.
For example, if they say to a client “Before we start, what you need to say in order to meet your defense is that you feared for your life and were afraid that he would kill you. Now, is that your claim”? Does that type of thing happen?
IMO, lawyers may feed the accused what needs to be said legally for an acquittal of their charges, before the client makes their fact claim to the lawyer. You sound knowledgeable, is this close?
I wouldn’t even care about this, or lying by lawyers if their fate was tied to the accused as colluding if the lawyer lost the case. Lawyers don’t have to take anyone for a client. If they would be charged with collusion with the accused if he’s convicted, I don’t think lawyers would be as eager to represent the client vigorously unless the lawyer truly believed the claims of his client.(BTW, this wouldn't interfere with attorney/client priveledge because it's not based on the information, just the verdict.)
IMO, I think many lawyers who defend the accused think they’re full of crap but defend them nonetheless in the hope of confusing facts of the case. I’m just thinking this through. I’d appreciate an informed answer if you can give one.
killer

Carlisle, SC

#25 Mar 14, 2010
All lawyers are crooked.
I cant buy a clue

Canton, OH

#26 Mar 14, 2010
killer wrote:
All lawyers are crooked.
I disagree. Lawyers aren't. The first best system is.
I cant buy a clue

Canton, OH

#27 Mar 14, 2010
Odd thought here for Dave: I challenge you to listen to "the hook" by Blues Travelers before responding ;)
go figure

Hudson, OH

#28 Mar 14, 2010
Tim Lucas
Alison and William Scarpetti
Inez Messilla (last name spelling?)
Mark Twain

United States

#29 Mar 14, 2010
Make crime pay - become a lawyer.
I cant buy a clue

Canton, OH

#30 Mar 14, 2010
Mark Twain wrote:
Make crime pay - become a lawyer.
How dare you. Regular whores are criminal. There is no law agaist lawyers. That's the entire difference.(BTW, I have no statistics on which profession pays more but they equally give up their self-respect in lieu of what others decide is ok. For the criminal it's the perp, for the lawyer it's the law. Each gets around reality as they can. Right Erie Realist?)
Freeeedommmm

United States

#31 Mar 14, 2010
I cant buy a clue wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you. Regular whores are criminal. There is no law agaist lawyers. That's the entire difference.(BTW, I have no statistics on which profession pays more but they equally give up their self-respect in lieu of what others decide is ok. For the criminal it's the perp, for the lawyer it's the law. Each gets around reality as they can. Right Erie Realist?)
You NEED to go buy a clue.
I cant buy a clue

Canton, OH

#32 Mar 14, 2010
Freeeedommmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You NEED to go buy a clue.
And perhaps you need to buy citi a drink.
Judici AL

United States

#33 Mar 14, 2010
Regular? Ha! I prefer mine to be extraordinary.
I cant buy a clue wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you. Regular whores are criminal. There is no law agaist lawyers. That's the entire difference.(BTW, I have no statistics on which profession pays more but they equally give up their self-respect in lieu of what others decide is ok. For the criminal it's the perp, for the lawyer it's the law. Each gets around reality as they can. Right Erie Realist?)
1namrek AL

United States

#34 Mar 14, 2010
Judici AL wrote:
Regular? Ha! I prefer mine to be extraordinary.
<quoted text>
You really ought to try the regulars at Esquire.
Erie Native

Waterford, PA

#35 Mar 15, 2010
go figure wrote:
Tim Lucas
Alison and William Scarpetti
Inez Messilla (last name spelling?)
Tim Lucas is definately #1, I have experienced his lawyering first hand, I had thought at the time he was retained he was good, what a mistake, during closing arguments he called the victim the wrong name 20 times, he called the investigating officer the victims name, it was horrible, especially for the families, I felt so bad for them, I would like to talk to other people who have dealt with Tim Lucas and hear their stories, I'm sure they are all close in nature, if I ever need an attorney, I will look outside Erie.

Since: Feb 10

Erie, PA

#36 Mar 16, 2010
Erie Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Tim Lucas is definately #1, I have experienced his lawyering first hand, I had thought at the time he was retained he was good, what a mistake, during closing arguments he called the victim the wrong name 20 times, he called the investigating officer the victims name, it was horrible, especially for the families, I felt so bad for them, I would like to talk to other people who have dealt with Tim Lucas and hear their stories, I'm sure they are all close in nature, if I ever need an attorney, I will look outside Erie.
If you had Tim Lucas as your attorney, you were probably guilty.
I Know

Sharpsville, PA

#37 Mar 16, 2010
Roger Richards without a doubt. Or anyone associated with Greg Rubino.

Since: Feb 10

Erie, PA

#38 Mar 16, 2010
I Know wrote:
Roger Richards without a doubt. Or anyone associated with Greg Rubino.
By "associated with," are you only counting those who have done legal work, or are you including his associates like Joe Messina?
Erie Native

Waterford, PA

#39 Mar 16, 2010
ErieRealist wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had Tim Lucas as your attorney, you were probably guilty.
He wasn't my attorney, I have never even received a speeding ticket, can you say the same? And if I ever retained Lucas as my attorney that wouldn't make me guilty, that would make me stupid..
Observer1

Erie, PA

#40 Mar 17, 2010
If you're really looking for the "shadiest" lawyer, as opposed to the most dishonest, greedy, clumsy or creepy, you probably won't be able to identify him or her. Such a person would, by definition, be operating below the radar, doing things that are just over the line while drawing little or no public attention. So all the public flameouts, money-grabbers and grandstanding loudmouth shysters who make the news stories don't qualify. Even a backroom political operator like Roger Richards does so much in the public eye that he wouldn't be effective as a truly "shady" lawyer. Too many people know him and are likely to expose any illegal scheming. So the "shadiest" attorney remains unknown and probably undiscoverable.
Dave

Erie, PA

#41 Mar 17, 2010
Observer1 wrote:
If you're really looking for the "shadiest" lawyer, as opposed to the most dishonest, greedy, clumsy or creepy, you probably won't be able to identify him or her. Such a person would, by definition, be operating below the radar, doing things that are just over the line while drawing little or no public attention. So all the public flameouts, money-grabbers and grandstanding loudmouth shysters who make the news stories don't qualify. Even a backroom political operator like Roger Richards does so much in the public eye that he wouldn't be effective as a truly "shady" lawyer. Too many people know him and are likely to expose any illegal scheming. So the "shadiest" attorney remains unknown and probably undiscoverable.
A better question would be, "who is the worst Judge". That position has a greater effect on the overall system...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GE layoffs will be announced. ... (Oct '15) 39 min Park Tavern 153
Take the E 1 hr PopPlop 1
Pam Parker's Family: WHO CARES!! 2 hr Criminal stalker 18
Badams Protecting Hidden Paytronage Jobs 2 hr Erie Dem Committe... 87
What does not having fireworks mean? 3 hr Chunzo 3
Millcreek township and Granada Apt 6 hr Mr Sopper 11
Adam Coover 12 hr The Don 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages