First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Not as I do

Erie, PA

#41 Mar 14, 2011
And basketball coaches too - nice effort vs. out of area teams this past weekend
payback

Waterford, PA

#42 Mar 14, 2011
JOE SANFORD hired as UNION CITY football coach. Good riddens to the big crybaby. As many kids as he helped, he hurt the same number emotionally. He tries to pass his own morals on to other kids and sometimes it just doesn't work. The lessons he taught some kids was that if I can't have my way, I'll take my ball and go home. All I cansay is good luckUC, you'll come to hate the man and his hypocritical ways and ideas...and my God, don't attend a drinking party even if you dob't taste a drop. He'll can you...Hall of Fame arshhole.
A hole in the ground

Erie, PA

#43 Mar 14, 2011
payback wrote:
JOE SANFORD hired as UNION CITY football coach. Good riddens to the big crybaby. As many kids as he helped, he hurt the same number emotionally. He tries to pass his own morals on to other kids and sometimes it just doesn't work. The lessons he taught some kids was that if I can't have my way, I'll take my ball and go home. All I cansay is good luckUC, you'll come to hate the man and his hypocritical ways and ideas...and my God, don't attend a drinking party even if you dob't taste a drop. He'll can you...Hall of Fame arshhole.
Let me guess... You didn't make the football or track & field team and had to settle for lacrosse... a bit upset? Get over it.
Current athlete

Erie, PA

#44 Jul 19, 2011
Coach Sanford is the best coach and most respected man I've ever met. Unlike the men in charge of the athletics at McDowell, who go tanning, dye their hair, cheat on their wives,(or swing with them), coach Sanford has values. I've never met an athlete who didn't like him. When he resigned two years ago our team was devastated. We understood though. I don't care what those ass holes story was. I happened to compete on McDowell's runways a week before the McDowell invitational. It was truly embarrassing and unsafe. Uneven, and bumpy, these makeshift runways were not safe at all for an athlete to sprint down and the jump from. Coach Sanford threatened to call of the McDowell invite. I would to too. Our facilities at that point were embarrassing. So the day coach resigns work suddenly begins to be done on? Our team was outraged. When we went to see fuller about it in his office he told us coach Sanford was a liar. Well coach Sanford is furthest thing from a liar. Walking down McDowell hallways it's funny to see one of the ads walk by. Hardly anyone looks at them. The majority of the athletes hate these men who are supposed to be helping them and their programs. I thought the point of being an administrator is to do what is best for the students. Not in this case I guess. Coach Sanford is an amazing coach, all the kids adore him, and yet still he has had problems with these guys for years. I think the problem is that he held more more "power" than they did.(In the sense that students, athletes, parents, and even teachers would side with him over anyone else). It's sad because I really watched all of this take place and now my senior year of track and field will have to be with out my amazing coach. Even though I am not a vaulter, coach Sanford still new ever time I ran and ever mark I jumped. He cared about every single athlete, good or bad. At states this year and last year all of us who went kind of knew it was bittersweet. The coaching staff for McDowell is like a family, and to even be part of it as an athlete is amazing. I feel sorry for those athletes who are coming to McDowell because they will not have the privilege of being coached by coach Sanford and mrs. Coach. This program will go down hill with the loss of him no doubt about it. The next school he goes to will be lucky to have him. I'm happy he gets to continue coaching even though I know he would rather be at McDowell. I can speak all the McDowell Trojan track and field athletes and coaches, past and present when I say that he will be greatly missed and it's a shame what happened.
growler

Erie, PA

#45 Jul 19, 2011
Current athlete wrote:
Coach Sanford is the best coach and most respected man I've ever met. Unlike the men in charge of the athletics at McDowell, who go tanning, dye their hair, cheat on their wives,(or swing with them), coach Sanford has values. I've never met an athlete who didn't like him. When he resigned two years ago our team was devastated. We understood though. I don't care what those ass holes story was. I happened to compete on McDowell's runways a week before the McDowell invitational. It was truly embarrassing and unsafe. Uneven, and bumpy, these makeshift runways were not safe at all for an athlete to sprint down and the jump from. Coach Sanford threatened to call of the McDowell invite. I would to too. Our facilities at that point were embarrassing. So the day coach resigns work suddenly begins to be done on? Our team was outraged. When we went to see fuller about it in his office he told us coach Sanford was a liar. Well coach Sanford is furthest thing from a liar. Walking down McDowell hallways it's funny to see one of the ads walk by. Hardly anyone looks at them. The majority of the athletes hate these men who are supposed to be helping them and their programs. I thought the point of being an administrator is to do what is best for the students. Not in this case I guess. Coach Sanford is an amazing coach, all the kids adore him, and yet still he has had problems with these guys for years. I think the problem is that he held more more "power" than they did.(In the sense that students, athletes, parents, and even teachers would side with him over anyone else). It's sad because I really watched all of this take place and now my senior year of track and field will have to be with out my amazing coach. Even though I am not a vaulter, coach Sanford still new ever time I ran and ever mark I jumped. He cared about every single athlete, good or bad. At states this year and last year all of us who went kind of knew it was bittersweet. The coaching staff for McDowell is like a family, and to even be part of it as an athlete is amazing. I feel sorry for those athletes who are coming to McDowell because they will not have the privilege of being coached by coach Sanford and mrs. Coach. This program will go down hill with the loss of him no doubt about it. The next school he goes to will be lucky to have him. I'm happy he gets to continue coaching even though I know he would rather be at McDowell. I can speak all the McDowell Trojan track and field athletes and coaches, past and present when I say that he will be greatly missed and it's a shame what happened.
square.
his choice

Erie, PA

#46 Jul 21, 2011
Current athlete wrote:
He resigned. It was his choice. He may have wanted to move on and try other things like Union City football coach. Good luck to him.
An Athlete

Pittsburgh, PA

#47 Oct 8, 2011
Your adolescence shows in your response sir. A man with the attitude of a child has no business calling himself a coach. Perhaps you didn't attend the board meeting which Joe addressed the board? The one where hundreds of parents, students and alumni came in support of Joe and voiced serious displeasure with the manner in the the AD was carrying on with business. His record speaks for himself and he has dealt with the naysayers such as yourself in stride. You don't deserve to call yourself a coach if this is how you conduct yourself.
Former Coach wrote:
If the majority of the people on here knew the truth you would not post the ridiculous things you did. First off JOE SANFORD QUIT! It had nothing to do with the AD (btw there is only one, he has an asst. as well because he also has responsibilities as an asst. principal)or administration. This is not the first time he has had a temper tantrum and resigned. Is Sanford a good coach? Yes. Does he lack some coping skill? I would say his comments in the article in the Times News answered that with a resounding yes. The reason he QUIT had to do with jumping lanes that were not finshed when he expected them to be. He abandoned his athletes based on that. he turned his back on 200 kids because he "had a meltdown". Give me a break Joe! Grow up and set an example. The only lesson he tought his athetes is to QUIT when the going gets tough. Give me some concrete examples of how his program has not been treated fairly. You need to do a little home work and see the guy for what he really is, a DRAMA QUEEN
BTW, you're crazy if you think they raise enough money to sustain that program from the McDowell Invite. That programs budget is the 2nd most, next to football. Like I said, do your homework.
<quoted text>
Rat Packer

Erie, PA

#48 Oct 8, 2011
He is doing a heck of a job with the Union City football program. They currently are 0-6. They have been in the playoffs the past couple f years with the previous coach and had many good athletes returning. He lost to Cambridge Springs who is coached by a a fist year coach who hasn't played football since he in the 7th grade. Out coached by an amateur great job Joey Applesauce!!!
Smartaz

Erie, PA

#50 Oct 12, 2011
Coach sobs Is a lush
banging

Erie, PA

#51 Oct 13, 2011
So have the Athletic directors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why did o.s. get fired from the sauce? 16 min haha 2
Doug Wilson...... The Revolution Begins Now!!!!... 21 min Dump Club Commander 1
Review: Cobb's Second Time Around Thirft Shop 1 hr Nancy 22
#IWishMyTeacherKnew 1 hr Tally 5
McDowell teacher runs .. 1 hr Tally 25
Takin Dumps is What Iz A Doo. 2 hr dougiez baby 1
Millcreek School Board Candidate list 2 hr Sam I am 242
Millcreek to blow millions for athletic complex 6 hr Tally 26
More from around the web

Erie People Search