No more Twinkies
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Joe America

Meadville, PA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Thanks to the Bakers Union. Greedy Unions kill an American Icon. And Unions are good for what? I hope none of these fheads find a job.
Topex loser

Canton, OH

#2 Nov 16, 2012
No more Twinkies?? Now what am I supposed to f_ck in my moms basement;( so sad.
cheetos

United States

#3 Nov 16, 2012
Joe America wrote:
Thanks to the Bakers Union. Greedy Unions kill an American Icon. And Unions are good for what? I hope none of these fheads find a job.
FU, those men and women have put over twenty years or more of their lives into building those companies up an have had them sold out to Hostess which in turn gave them little or no choices. Let's drop your 20 years of pension and see how well that does for your future.
Joe America my Ass

United States

#4 Nov 16, 2012
Joe, you of course blame unions. Yes, pro's and con's to unions I understand, however if you really believe that the Union brought down this company than you believe in Santa too. Believe me, you will still have you Twinkies and Wonder bread, it will just now come from Mexico. Where the company will simply exploit those wokers as it had done years ago when it first began in USA until the unions came to be.
Joe America

Meadville, PA

#5 Nov 16, 2012
Opinions are like aholes. Everyone has one
Whatever

United States

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Joe America wrote:
Classic comeback from someone with nothing to say.
rich guovno

United States

#7 Nov 16, 2012
now the twinkies coming from mexico will be laced with cocaine and maryjane.yummY!!!!
twinkie the kid

United States

#8 Nov 16, 2012
Joe America wrote:
you're just mad cause you can't eat Ding Dongs any more
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#9 Nov 16, 2012
Joe America wrote:
Really? Everyone has only one opinion?
yoo hoo

Erie, PA

#10 Nov 16, 2012
twinkie the kid wrote:
<quoted text>you're just mad cause you can't eat Ding Dongs any more
Not to worry. I've seen him trollin' downtown.
AnLynn

Fairview, PA

#13 Nov 16, 2012
NOW what will the food stamp people buy to go with the Doritos???

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#14 Nov 16, 2012
Joe America my Ass wrote:
Joe, you of course blame unions. Yes, pro's and con's to unions I understand, however if you really believe that the Union brought down this company than you believe in Santa too. Believe me, you will still have you Twinkies and Wonder bread, it will just now come from Mexico. Where the company will simply exploit those wokers as it had done years ago when it first began in USA until the unions came to be.
The contract offer they rejected:
Year 1: 8% wage cut.
Year 2: 3% increase.
Year 3: 3% increase.
Year 4: 3% increase.
Year 5: 1% increase.
In exchange they would also get a 25% stake in company (all workers shared) and 2 of the four seats on the board. There were some pension and benefit reductions as well.

WOW, 8% cut from a company that already filed in 2004, YEP!

18,500 people out of work 3,000+ agreed with the company!

The unions sure like to make demands and take when times are good, but they'll consider themselves getting screwed when times are bad when asked to make concessions just like they did here.

Douchebags anyway.
tim leary

United States

#15 Nov 16, 2012
Rollout wrote:
<quoted text>
In exchange they would also get a 25% stake in company (all workers shared) and 2 of the four seats on the board. There were some pension and benefit reductions as well.
The unions sure like to make demands and take when times are good, but they'll consider themselves getting screwed when times are bad when asked to make concessions just like they did here.
Douchebags anyway.
without the workers all the wealth of the 1% is just useless paper and metal.
The Green Goblin

Erie, PA

#16 Nov 16, 2012
Rollout wrote:
<quoted text>
Douchebags anyway.
As a union worker I would have voted for that contract...IF the CEO and all management workers made the same pay as the workers. Was that on the table?
The Green Goblin

Erie, PA

#17 Nov 16, 2012
Rollout wrote:
<quoted text>
And management whines when costs increase yet cry "don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs" when they're rolling in the dough.
tim leary

United States

#18 Nov 16, 2012
The Green Goblin wrote:
<quoted text>
And management whines when costs increase yet cry "don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs" when they're rolling in the dough.
the Twinkie resoration act! Call congress right fckn now!:-)
The Green Goblin

Erie, PA

#19 Nov 16, 2012
tim leary wrote:
<quoted text>the Twinkie resoration act! Call congress right fckn now!:-)
Yes, by all means! We need to restore that CEO to a lifestyle to which he is accustomed. This would be tax money well spent!

Just think if we could restore that CEO's pay all the people would get their jobs back because the CEO being rich is what creates jobs.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#20 Nov 16, 2012
A life without twinkies isn't worth living.
cheetos

United States

#21 Nov 16, 2012
You have to understand that the employees had nothing to bargain with. Was there mention of previous health care and wages whne Hostess took over? The union was simply a scapegoat for Hostess.
Hostess specifically told their employees it was going to be over, no matter what the outcome of the contract.
My niece and her husband (22 year employee) listed their home for sale 8 months ago in Illinois.
Either way the vote cast the inventory was not there and never intened to be ordered.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#22 Nov 16, 2012
cheetos wrote:
You have to understand that the employees had nothing to bargain with. Was there mention of previous health care and wages whne Hostess took over? The union was simply a scapegoat for Hostess.
Hostess specifically told their employees it was going to be over, no matter what the outcome of the contract.
My niece and her husband (22 year employee) listed their home for sale 8 months ago in Illinois.
Either way the vote cast the inventory was not there and never intened to be ordered.
Horse pucky. They were all over paid. A wage and beni cut would have been better than no job at all. Welcome to the new welfare state. Thank you to all you Obama voters out there. I will never have to work again. Suckers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WJET 24 5PM News cast! Jill mcCormick.. 12 min Erie Professional 18
GE Negotiations 23 min Worker 112
News Thousands hit Philadelphia's steamy streets to ... 2 hr Voter 2
Dealerships Employees Busted 2 hr dont buy at Gary ... 8
Debbie Wasserman Schultz , Corruptocrat! 2 hr Erie Dem Committe... 3
Laura Eaton Meca Inc. 2 hr Concerned 3
Laurie Eaton is taking MECA to cleaners...read.. (Nov '14) 3 hr secondary watchdog 66
Lisa Zompa Sun Erie Optimist Club 29

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages