Erie School District's to close 3 ele...
TheTruth

Erie, PA

#186 May 9, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is a fairly typical response for Topix users! You have not addressed my questions and can only attack. If I might remind you, the subject was history, not physics, engineering, or math. Why would you introduce these off-topic subjects? Obviously, it's difficult to stay focused on the topic at hand. Please tell me where it has ever been stated or assumed that "students are a reflection of their teachers".(If that were true, you must have had some very weak teachers as you have chalked up at least seven more errors in your reply to me!) Students are much more reflections of their parents and their environment as opposed to their teachers.
PS. I hate to inform you, but I will not be laid off. I have far too many years for layoffs to affect me. My educational background consists of two separate master's degrees and a minor in psychology. Please inform us of your educational background.
A minor in psychology? Wasn't that easier to get that a BA in Education. Anyone with half a brain can get a BA in education or Psychology. Very few have the intellect required for a degree in physics or engineering. My point was to show how out of touch with reality you are. You brag of having a masters degree and a minor in subjects which require little intellect and you seem very proud to tell others that. You may as well go around bragging that you can color inside the lines. You comment of "having far too many years to be laid off" tells us that you are part of the long standing problem with the ESD. Students are a reflection of their teachers and after reading your self praising posts we can see why the ESD students are failing. Don't bee so sure about being laid off. The Buffalo schools are asking all teachers with 13 yrs to take early retirement. It's only going to get worse for you and better for the citizens of Erie. Instead of blaming the Governor and School Superintendent put the blame where it belongs. On yourself.
Get it right

Erie, PA

#187 May 10, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>A minor in psychology? Wasn't that easier to get that a BA in Education. Anyone with half a brain can get a BA in education or Psychology. Very few have the intellect required for a degree in physics or engineering. My point was to show how out of touch with reality you are. You brag of having a masters degree and a minor in subjects which require little intellect and you seem very proud to tell others that. You may as well go around bragging that you can color inside the lines. You comment of "having far too many years to be laid off" tells us that you are part of the long standing problem with the ESD. Students are a reflection of their teachers and after reading your self praising posts we can see why the ESD students are failing. Don't bee so sure about being laid off. The Buffalo schools are asking all teachers with 13 yrs to take early retirement. It's only going to get worse for you and better for the citizens of Erie. Instead of blaming the Governor and School Superintendent put the blame where it belongs. On yourself.
"Students are a reflection of their teachers..." WRONG! Students are a reflection of their parents.
just politics

Titusville, PA

#188 May 10, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>A minor in psychology? Wasn't that easier to get that a BA in Education. Anyone with half a brain can get a BA in education or Psychology. Very few have the intellect required for a degree in physics or engineering. My point was to show how out of touch with reality you are. You brag of having a masters degree and a minor in subjects which require little intellect and you seem very proud to tell others that. You may as well go around bragging that you can color inside the lines. You comment of "having far too many years to be laid off" tells us that you are part of the long standing problem with the ESD. Students are a reflection of their teachers and after reading your self praising posts we can see why the ESD students are failing. Don't bee so sure about being laid off. The Buffalo schools are asking all teachers with 13 yrs to take early retirement. It's only going to get worse for you and better for the citizens of Erie. Instead of blaming the Governor and School Superintendent put the blame where it belongs. On yourself.
what is your degree in?

Since: Jun 11

Waterford, PA

#189 May 10, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
What does a degree in physics or engineering have to do with anything? By your standards, all people with degrees should have them in either physics or engineering, right? What a ludicrous concept!!! What degree do you have? You obviously have a problem answering valid questions and sticking to a topic. Please explain where I ever blamed the governor or the current superintendent.

By the way, by most standards you are the one who is out of touch. When was the last time you taught? When was the last time you spent any time with inner city kids? Are you one of those who have painted some idyllic picture of what school was like when you attended? You know, how everyone was so perfect and everyone was striving to be as educated as possible? Try to answer that and then see who is out of touch!!!
Jeff

West Salem, OH

#190 May 11, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>What does a degree in physics or engineering have to do with anything? By your standards, all people with degrees should have them in either physics or engineering, right? What a ludicrous concept!!! What degree do you have? You obviously have a problem answering valid questions and sticking to a topic. Please explain where I ever blamed the governor or the current superintendent.

By the way, by most standards you are the one who is out of touch. When was the last time you taught? When was the last time you spent any time with inner city kids? Are you one of those who have painted some idyllic picture of what school was like when you attended? You know, how everyone was so perfect and everyone was striving to be as educated as possible? Try to answer that and then see who is out of touch!!!
have to agree, very clueless of what it's like & bypasses questions only to belittle or downgrade to make himself feel superior. Yet funny how you can tell 1 guy just changing names yet from the same town in Ohio yet won't focus in Painesville than Erie.
Napalm bodywash

Owingsville, KY

#191 May 11, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, in your apparently superior infinite historical perception, what is incorrect about my post? Enlighten the world with your facts!!! Also, if you may do so, please tell the world where YOU became a history expert. What institute of higher learning did you attend? Do you teach history or social sciences? Or are you on of those people who just THINK they know history?
By the way, your new moniker is misspelled. Thr Truth?(Learn the language, DON'T create a new one!) Typical person who lives in a glass house who shouldn't be throwing stones! WOW!!!!
You are an unbelievable snob. Some of the most knowledgeable people about history are those who have actually read historical books and haven't set foot in a college. What the hell makes you think that a college education makes you superior? Don't deny that because that is clearly your inference. A college education has one primary affect, it makes a person think they know way more than they really do because they have some stupid little piece of paper.
You're a shining example of a person that has so much "education" and yet still doesn't know a damn thing.

Waterford, PA

#192 May 12, 2012
Napalm bodywash wrote:
<quoted text>You are an unbelievable snob. Some of the most knowledgeable people about history are those who have actually read historical books and haven't set foot in a college. What the hell makes you think that a college education makes you superior? Don't deny that because that is clearly your inference. A college education has one primary affect, it makes a person think they know way more than they really do because they have some stupid little piece of paper.
You're a shining example of a person that has so much "education" and yet still doesn't know a damn thing.
Please list some of these people who are so "knowledgeable" (you misspelled the word) about history. Your statement seems awfully general and it's pretty vague. Back it up with some facts.

Since when is the primary "affect" (another one!) of a college education egotistical? I was under the impression that it was to further one's knowledge and be able contribute more to society. From what you infer, no one needs a college education, especially in light of the "fact" that they only use it to bolster his/her ego!

First, you have no idea what "damned things" I know or don't know. Secondly, you sound like you are suffering from a case of sour grapes! Lastly, before you post anything, anywhere, be able to use some facts for backup as opposed to simply "shooting from the hip" like so many others do on this site!!!

I await your "educated" reply...
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

#193 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list some of these people who are so "knowledgeable" (you misspelled the word) about history. Your statement seems awfully general and it's pretty vague. Back it up with some facts.
Since when is the primary "affect" (another one!) of a college education egotistical? I was under the impression that it was to further one's knowledge and be able contribute more to society. From what you infer, no one needs a college education, especially in light of the "fact" that they only use it to bolster his/her ego!
First, you have no idea what "damned things" I know or don't know. Secondly, you sound like you are suffering from a case of sour grapes! Lastly, before you post anything, anywhere, be able to use some facts for backup as opposed to simply "shooting from the hip" like so many others do on this site!!!

It’s extremely difficult to get rid of a bad government worker; and once they have acquired any kind of seniority (5 years or so), it’s almost impossible.

So once they’re on the public payroll, they remain a millstone around the taxpayer’s neck as long as they live.

And these ‘freely negotiated contracts’ are often put in place by people who have made inside deals—sort of a ‘you-scratch-my-back-I’ll-scra tch-yours’ arrangement.

The suckers paying the tax bill usually have no clue what’s going on.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

#194 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a degree in physics or engineering have to do with anything? By your standards, all people with degrees should have them in either physics or engineering, right? What a ludicrous concept!!! What degree do you have? You obviously have a problem answering valid questions and sticking to a topic. Please explain where I ever blamed the governor or the current superintendent.

What does a degree in physics or engineering have to do with anything?

By your standards, all people with degrees should have them in either physics or engineering, right?

What a ludicrous concept!!!

What degree do you have?

You obviously have a problem answering valid questions and sticking to a topic.

Master's degree,Kindergarten, age 5 (K5)

County Erie

District Erie City SD

School McKinley El Sch

Name SUSAN E MCGILL

School Year 2009-2010

Job Assignment Kindergarten, age 5 (K5)

Total Salary (all jobs)$69,730

FT/PT & % time for this job F/100 (out of 100)

Years of Service 31

Years in District 22

Degree Master's degree

Category Classroom Teacher

All for 180 "days of work"

$69,730.00 for a Master's degree in baby sitting plus medical and pension.

half pay, 401K
TheTruth

Erie, PA

#195 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an extremely high opinion of your value to society and of what you have accomplished by earning a BA in Education, a Minor in History, and a masters or two paid for by the school district as part of your manditory continuing education. My point is that a BA in Education and a minor in History are quite easy to obtain and require MINIMAL work and a basic intellect. You are like the young lady who brags about graduating first in her class from Tony and Guy. It only impresses you and your fellow teachers. As for teaching, You either have the gift or you don't. Nobody can teach you to be a teacher. You only learn different strategies to HELP you reach certain groups. I have wittnessed your cutting edge strategies. I.E. breaking math students into groups of 4 and then relying on the brightest one in the group to teach the others while you sit at your desk or check your e-mail.If you can't teach inner city children what does that say about you. Regardless of their home life you can reach them and teach them if you are a good teacher. As far as blaming the Governor, I do believe you were complaining about spending cuts in your posts. If you didn't I appologize but I do believe your union is responsible for funneling every last penny of education funding into your paychecks and pensions. I look foreward to the shrinking of the ESD and the greater requirements placed on the staff as they will ultimately improve the ESD by removing the bloated dead weight. The gravy train is gone. Get ready to work.
Napalm bodywash

Cranesville, PA

#196 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to provide proof, you just did it for me.
You may have knowledge and a degree, but you are seriously short on wisdom. That comes with mileage...

Waterford, PA

#197 May 12, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>You have an extremely high opinion of your value to society and of what you have accomplished by earning a BA in Education, a Minor in History, and a masters or two paid for by the school district as part of your manditory continuing education. My point is that a BA in Education and a minor in History are quite easy to obtain and require MINIMAL work and a basic intellect. You are like the young lady who brags about graduating first in her class from Tony and Guy. It only impresses you and your fellow teachers. As for teaching, You either have the gift or you don't. Nobody can teach you to be a teacher. You only learn different strategies to HELP you reach certain groups. I have wittnessed your cutting edge strategies. I.E. breaking math students into groups of 4 and then relying on the brightest one in the group to teach the others while you sit at your desk or check your e-mail.If you can't teach inner city children what does that say about you. Regardless of their home life you can reach them and teach them if you are a good teacher. As far as blaming the Governor, I do believe you were complaining about spending cuts in your posts. If you didn't I appologize but I do believe your union is responsible for funneling every last penny of education funding into your paychecks and pensions. I look foreward to the shrinking of the ESD and the greater requirements placed on the staff as they will ultimately improve the ESD by removing the bloated dead weight. The gravy train is gone. Get ready to work.
Again, you have avoided answering any of my direct questions. Typical of those who can only attempt to criticize...Stay focused...IF you can!
Illegal Kenyan obama

United States

#199 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you have avoided answering any of my direct questions. Typical of those who can only attempt to criticize...Stay focused...IF you can!
You avoided all of my questions asked of you earlier. Also, you seem to snivel.and whine tbat you would be criticized. How outrageous. Some commoner would dare criticize one as special as you believe you are.

In case you haven't figured if out yet....you.and your fellow union slugs who have teaching degrees sucking at the teat of the taxpayer, are despised by those of us paying the freight, at the barrel of a gun. You are a low-life collectivist. Many of us have fought the tyranny of Marxism in foreign lands. Now the beast is within our own country, our schools, our government.

Cry, moan, gripe and complain. You're not respected, you're not appreciated. We, the people fed up with your kind.

Oh....and as "smart" as you believe you are, I doubt you could change a flat tire in 5 minutes or less.

I'm looking forward to you being out of work. It's coming as the takers outnumber the providers.
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

#200 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>

scum-bag union thief
TheTruth

Erie, PA

#201 May 12, 2012
the antithesis wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you find it odd that someone who gratuates from a university with a degree in law, nursing, or a MD is required to take a test to prove they are competent in the subject matter they studied for their degree. But someone who graduates with a BA in Education takes a test to prove they are competent in the subject areas that were required to graduate high school? The same competency test required to get into college is the same competency test after you graduate college? And it is failed by a large percentage of graduates and current teachers? What we seem to have is unknowledgable people trying to impart knowledge to others. How can that be successful?
Illegal Kenyan obama

United States

#202 May 13, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you find it odd that someone who gratuates from a university with a degree in law, nursing, or a MD is required to take a test to prove they are competent in the subject matter they studied for their degree. But someone who graduates with a BA in Education takes a test to prove they are competent in the subject areas that were required to graduate high school? The same competency test required to get into college is the same competency test after you graduate college? And it is failed by a large percentage of graduates and current teachers? What we seem to have is unknowledgable people trying to impart knowledge to others. How can that be successful?
Truth....it appears to me that securing a "teaching" position in government schools is all about cronyism and nepotism. It's all about feeding at the trough of the taxpayer's teat. I've always laughed how alleged professionals, government teachers, have a union. Unions have always been the mark of blue collar tradesmen. Not college educated elitists indoctrinating our youth, in government schools, with their Marxist ideals.

I have little use for collectivists such as "antithesis". Her and those like her are the scourge of freedom and liberty.

For the record....I don't have a college degree. Biggest rip-off ever created by the banks, the colleges and the government.

College is a money-making racket for the aforementioned.

Waterford, PA

#203 May 13, 2012
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you find it odd that someone who gratuates from a university with a degree in law, nursing, or a MD is required to take a test to prove they are competent in the subject matter they studied for their degree. But someone who graduates with a BA in Education takes a test to prove they are competent in the subject areas that were required to graduate high school? The same competency test required to get into college is the same competency test after you graduate college? And it is failed by a large percentage of graduates and current teachers? What we seem to have is unknowledgable people trying to impart knowledge to others. How can that be successful?
Teachers , at least in PA are required to take the Praxis test(s). get your facts straight!!! You probably couldn't come close to passing one! Get online and see if there are any practice tests and see how you do.

Waterford, PA

#204 May 13, 2012
Illegal Kenyan obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth....it appears to me that securing a "teaching" position in government schools is all about cronyism and nepotism. It's all about feeding at the trough of the taxpayer's teat. I've always laughed how alleged professionals, government teachers, have a union. Unions have always been the mark of blue collar tradesmen. Not college educated elitists indoctrinating our youth, in government schools, with their Marxist ideals.
I have little use for collectivists such as "antithesis". Her and those like her are the scourge of freedom and liberty.
For the record....I don't have a college degree. Biggest rip-off ever created by the banks, the colleges and the government.
College is a money-making racket for the aforementioned.
Sooooo, let me get this straight...You see no need for anyone to have a college degree, right? So the next time you get ill or need a medical procedure, you would just as soon have someone who just read or thinks they know what they're talking about an illness or a medical procedure as opposed to having some qualified professional administer to your needs.

I feel that anyone is qualified to do any job as long as they can spout off terms ending in "ist" or "ism". Those people are the people I would like to control our lives and run our government.

You sound like a jealous, drag-everyone-down-to-my-level type of person. When you have some sound basis for your whines other than your "isms" and your "ists", let me know! Thank God we don't have to experience ilk like yourself too often in our everyday lives!!! Your kind would make life not worth living!!!

Waterford, PA

#205 May 13, 2012
Illegal Kenyan obama wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided all of my questions asked of you earlier. Also, you seem to snivel.and whine tbat you would be criticized. How outrageous. Some commoner would dare criticize one as special as you believe you are.
In case you haven't figured if out yet....you.and your fellow union slugs who have teaching degrees sucking at the teat of the taxpayer, are despised by those of us paying the freight, at the barrel of a gun. You are a low-life collectivist. Many of us have fought the tyranny of Marxism in foreign lands. Now the beast is within our own country, our schools, our government.
Cry, moan, gripe and complain. You're not respected, you're not appreciated. We, the people fed up with your kind.
Oh....and as "smart" as you believe you are, I doubt you could change a flat tire in 5 minutes or less.
I'm looking forward to you being out of work. It's coming as the takers outnumber the providers.
Rebel flag? Gun rack in the pick up? A copy of The Communist Manifesto in the glove compartment? Maybe a Ted Kaczynski poster in the bedroom? WOW!!!! Grow up, will you?

As for changing a tire? What does that have to with the topic at hand? FOCUS please!!!

I hate to tell you, but I won't be out of work!(I already stated this earlier, but your retention rate is obviously low!) I am nearing retirement age. I will retire a near billionaire! I will be living in the lap of luxury while you will be changing tires in under five minutes (and boasting about it too!).
TaxNoMore

Canoga Park, CA

#206 May 13, 2012
About The Praxis Series™ Tests

The Praxis Series™ tests measure teacher candidates’ knowledge and skills. The tests are used for licensing and certification processes and include:

Praxis I ® Pre-Professional Skills Tests (PPST®)
These tests measure basic skills in reading, writing and mathematics. In addition to licensure, these tests are often used to qualify candidates for entry into a teacher education program. See Praxis I information.

Praxis II ® Subject Assessments
These tests measure subject-specific content knowledge, as well as general and subject-specific teaching skills, that you need for beginning teaching.

See Praxis II information.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The American dream 53 min truth 11
So they're thinking about closing all city high... 56 min Tacks Know More 106
G.E Please tell us the truth. 59 min ZUGZWANG 108
Who did the most damage to Erie? 1 hr tired of being PC 24
Wall jumpers 2 hr screwed by the man 10
Donald Trump gets 1238 2 hr Those Fools 15
I have an idea 2 hr taribalko 2 3
Erie teachers union president tell teachers " d... 2 hr Wally Flinagen 21
GE re-invent Erie plant 8 hr Stop crying 19
More from around the web