Is Orlando the right guy to lead McDo...

Is Orlando the right guy to lead McDowell?

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1 Mar 12, 2014
Is he?
It is Millcreek

Erie, PA

#2 Mar 12, 2014
Who else would want the job?

It is Millcreek and it is highschool football....not like Saban leaving AL to coach.
Erie Legend

Erie, PA

#3 Mar 12, 2014
If by lead you mean lead some milf straight out of your panties he is the man for the job!
Abcd

Erie, PA

#4 Mar 12, 2014
Too early to say obviously.
Big difference being head coach and offensive coordinator. He did. Good job but he did have some incredible talent - how many D1 athletes?
I don't question his knowledge of the game but his emotional intelligence (or lack of) and maturity. McDowell is a big district and top pay not sure he is ready yet but just my opinion.
The lighter schedule (relatively speaking) should help.
tiffany

Guys Mills, PA

#5 Mar 13, 2014
character issues to say the least, great coach & knows how to relate to kids(machoman style). not what I would want around my son who at that age is still forming his true character, but I'm sure the mcdowel school board knows all about his antics with the ladies,wed and unwed, and they must think its perfectly fine to put "W's" over our children! it wont last long as he will definitely get into a fight with a upset husband or one of his own players who challenges him.another mistake of hiring by mcdowell, shame they voted these people in who make these decisions!
Paul blart

Lyndora, PA

#6 Mar 13, 2014
Hell do an average job, with average players. Rumor is hes going hard after the coaching staff of his former employer. Theyll beat GM, East, Central and Lake Catholic. Lose to Prep, Canton McKinley, Fitch and St Iggys. Then beat GM in districts. Then beat Pittsburgh city champ. Toss up w D9 rep but def winnable game, and then lose to WPIAL champ by 30. Same as Sobs. Same old Trojans.
Most people

Erie, PA

#7 Mar 13, 2014
tiffany wrote:
character issues to say the least, great coach & knows how to relate to kids(machoman style). not what I would want around my son who at that age is still forming his true character, but I'm sure the mcdowel school board knows all about his antics with the ladies,wed and unwed, and they must think its perfectly fine to put "W's" over our children! it wont last long as he will definitely get into a fight with a upset husband or one of his own players who challenges him.another mistake of hiring by mcdowell, shame they voted these people in who make these decisions!
I thought that according to rumor it was Sobs that was out MILF hunting? So now Orlando is doing that too or did already? Gee no win there. The board voted but they only affirmed the administrations choice of Orlando. You don't want the board hiring anyone directly. Especially for a hot button position like this. The cronyism and politics here is bad enough in Millcreek.
Mcdowell Dad

Lyndora, PA

#8 Mar 13, 2014
He better hope he gets some of those guys because the staff there now STINKS! He needs to get Melle a role in one of the schools to save him when his offense isnt successful without great talent making him look good.
football

Erie, PA

#9 Mar 13, 2014
It is a little late now. why don't you just support him?
foootball

Erie, PA

#10 Mar 13, 2014
No. No integrity or character. While his former boss was promoting him all over the media he was out backstabbing him and telling anyone who would listen what a horrible coach he was. Rode the coattails of great players to success and had his Uncle Jon use all his political clout in the Millcreek school district to get him the job, They basically hired Don Holl Jr. sure that will work out well for them.
JRL

Erie, PA

#11 Mar 13, 2014
I support Brad at McDowell because Jon Cachione bought me a free lunch to promote him on my show. I love free stuff.
Seen It All

Greensburg, PA

#12 Mar 13, 2014
tiffany wrote:
character issues to say the least, great coach & knows how to relate to kids(machoman style). not what I would want around my son who at that age is still forming his true character, but I'm sure the mcdowel school board knows all about his antics with the ladies,wed and unwed, and they must think its perfectly fine to put "W's" over our children! it wont last long as he will definitely get into a fight with a upset husband or one of his own players who challenges him.another mistake of hiring by mcdowell, shame they voted these people in who make these decisions!
WELL STATED! We will see just how "great" a coach he is without that amazing talent that made him shine at Prep. Sobs all over again!
Phil

Youngstown, OH

#13 Mar 14, 2014
It seems to me that Orlando benefitted greatly from talented players like Terry, Williams. And when challenged w a lesser talented team this past season, did well, but choked against BMcd big time in the 4th quarter w terrible play calling. And to say he better hope Melle comes with him, his defense gave up 47 points....as long as McDowell still has players who think there the greatest thing in the world, and parents who are disrespectful and snobby, nothing will ever change. Same old McDowell, just a new person to blame.
Curious

Canton, OH

#14 Mar 14, 2014
Is there truth to the statement that Jon Cachione and Brad Orlando are related?
no way

Canton, OH

#15 Mar 14, 2014
Curious wrote:
Is there truth to the statement that Jon Cachione and Brad Orlando are related?
Absolutely not. Total lie. Brad Orlando is not related to the Cacchones. Tom Cacchone applied and did not get the job. Tim Cacchone coached for Sobs and hasnt been offered by Orlando, as far as I know. No connection there, just anothe lie.
Curious

Canton, OH

#16 Mar 14, 2014
Thank you for clearing that up.
what a joke

Ashburn, VA

#17 Mar 16, 2014
You people are ridiculous. Highschool football folks, wake up. You cowards that hide behind your screen are a joke. You slam this guy for character issues, yet blast him anonymously on a forum? Really? If you're concerned about him with your kid, then don't let him play. If you're worried about your wife, I'd say you're the problem. If you think Misch is so great, let's see how he does calling his own plays..500
youhateme

Erie, PA

#18 Mar 19, 2014
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not. Total lie. Brad Orlando is not related to the Cacchones. Tom Cacchone applied and did not get the job. Tim Cacchone coached for Sobs and hasnt been offered by Orlando, as far as I know. No connection there, just anothe lie.
You're joking right? The Cocchiones and Orlandos are related. Everyone in Erie knows that. Who do you think gave him his first coaching job in 1999, Uncle Jon.
sting

Springfield, NJ

#19 Mar 19, 2014
Give the guy a chance.
Dude Love

Coraopolis, PA

#20 Mar 20, 2014
what a joke wrote:
You people are ridiculous. Highschool football folks, wake up. You cowards that hide behind your screen are a joke. You slam this guy for character issues, yet blast him anonymously on a forum? Really? If you're concerned about him with your kid, then don't let him play. If you're worried about your wife, I'd say you're the problem. If you think Misch is so great, let's see how he does calling his own plays..500
I highly doubt Prep is going to be .500 this year. Who the hell is going to beat them? Did u mean McDowell would be .500 cuz if thats the case, id say thats obvious. Misch will be fine calling plays. He still has great talent and solid coaches. Look for another state title run for the Ramblers, and a solid 7-6 record for McDowell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
eclipse glasses fraud 15 min Mr LB 16
Oh God, if Trump should be impeached 3 hr TRUTH 6
Mike Ohara (May '15) 4 hr Kiley erie 50
Homeland Security - Save the white people! 5 hr TRUTH 8
What most Americans think 6 hr math 20
Trump voters didn't need "eclipse glasses" 6 hr Bill 2
GE pension buyout 7 hr New and improved 23
Kinzua Dam mysteriously clised 7 hr ZUGZWANG 29
How are negotiations going with union and GE.? 7 hr fact checker 86
John Persinger 16 hr Karen 24

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages