Rediculous

Erie, PA

#21 Oct 3, 2012
danny greene wrote:
A stranglehold/chokehold cuts of the oxygen to the brain which results in death. All I'm saying is that the situation was in hand and the gun was taken away while this victim now turned "defendant" could have held Rudolph and turned him over to the cops. Law enforcement officials don't want the public to be Judge and jury in any case ala the Zimmerman case in Florida - justifiable homocide? This is going to be a long, drawn-out controversial case and Carlson better seek a good attorney and not A.J. Adams or Ian Murray.
Well it seems as if you know more facts than most. If the man was subdued and the threat was gone, then continued use of force would be excessive. We'll have to see what Daneri does and if charges are pressed, Eric should seek Placidi's services.
growler

Erie, PA

#23 Oct 3, 2012
remember the sword defense guy wasn't charged:
http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...
erie time

Erie, PA

#24 Oct 3, 2012
Hey @wrong... Go take your cry baby ass some where else. this post is not about u getting ur ass beat and getting charged... quit crying about the past...this is america, u have the oppurtunity to be an elite family too
obm1

Erie, PA

#25 Oct 3, 2012
erie time wrote:
Hey @wrong... Go take your cry baby ass some where else. this post is not about u getting ur ass beat and getting charged... quit crying about the past...this is america, u have the oppurtunity to be an elite family too
you tell 'em Mitt
danny greene

Erie, PA

#26 Oct 3, 2012
Now my friend tells me the family tree consists of Carlson's father , a corrections officer at ECP, Jim Erven - ex-Erie Police Officer (now deceased), Jeff Deforce - 4 time DUI convict - (should be deceased) What a family tree with a whole lot of drinking going on..
know nuthing

Erie, PA

#27 Oct 3, 2012
danny greene wrote:
Now my friend tells me the family tree consists of Carlson's father , a corrections officer at ECP, Jim Erven - ex-Erie Police Officer (now deceased), Jeff Deforce - 4 time DUI convict -(should be deceased) What a family tree with a whole lot of drinking going on..
Exactly how do you conclude that his "family tree", consisting of 3 men constitutes "a whole lot of drinking going on"? Are you insinuating that Mr. Carlson was intoxicated when he subdued the decedant? Do you know for certain? Were you there? You will convict Mr. Carlson based on the hearsay of your friend who relies on a family tree of three men (was he adopted then??), two of whom are or were in law enforcement and one of whom is no longer around to defend his own name. Classy.
Rediculous

Erie, PA

#28 Oct 3, 2012
danny greene wrote:
Now my friend tells me the family tree consists of Carlson's father , a corrections officer at ECP, Jim Erven - ex-Erie Police Officer (now deceased), Jeff Deforce - 4 time DUI convict -(should be deceased) What a family tree with a whole lot of drinking going on..
Slingin more trash around. Again, stick to the issue. This is totally irrelevant and as noted above proabably pure hearsay.
wrong

Erie, PA

#29 Oct 3, 2012
@erie time, who said anything about getting my ass beat. Im sorry I was jumped by 4 scumbags and I defended myself, I would do it again to. So I know your a tuff guy behind the screen how bout this, u message me and you and your friends jump me and see what happens to your faggot ass :), Im sorry had it been you ,you wouldnt have to worry about the past cuz you would shat yourself right there and been robbed, and not told anyone because of your embarressment(spelling sorry) lol. I stood up for myself and I ask some questions on here and im a crybaby. Excuse my language but FUCK YOU :) O and you have a great night home alone on your computer, I see you been on topix all day, u work or do anything or u just sit on the computer on a topic forum thinking your tuff, step out into reality and the real world, u probly still live with your mom huh?
Michael Guzzardo

Erie, PA

#30 Oct 3, 2012
This man should have kept a better eye out and known when to use his weapon.
prep

Erie, PA

#31 Oct 3, 2012
Eric Carlson was a bully all through highschool. He and his friends starting using steroids then. Its a know fact by many. He has gotten in trouble from trashing the Mcdowell club house worth thousands, nothing happen, he jumped people downtown with his muscle head friends. Even heard he was arrested selling weed for Tim Feldman and told. That may or not be accurate. He jumps in fights all the time, he was another patron, it was non of his business to "subdue someone, when they already where. That is the police job, the police were already called, he' was intoxicated which probly didnt help him make the best choice. So whats the Da waiting for. For most people in the system your proven guilty till innocent, why is he so special, that he gets to be innocent until proven guilty?
SteelCity

Erie, PA

#32 Oct 3, 2012
give us a call...he'll deliver your pizza directly to your front door
Rediculous

Erie, PA

#33 Oct 4, 2012
prep wrote:
Eric Carlson was a bully all through highschool. He and his friends starting using steroids then. Its a know fact by many. He has gotten in trouble from trashing the Mcdowell club house worth thousands, nothing happen, he jumped people downtown with his muscle head friends. Even heard he was arrested selling weed for Tim Feldman and told. That may or not be accurate. He jumps in fights all the time, he was another patron, it was non of his business to "subdue someone, when they already where. That is the police job, the police were already called, he' was intoxicated which probly didnt help him make the best choice. So whats the Da waiting for. For most people in the system your proven guilty till innocent, why is he so special, that he gets to be innocent until proven guilty?
You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and it pretty much amounts to slander. Typical coward who likes to put rumors out there anonymously.
Withheld

Erie, PA

#34 Oct 4, 2012
It wasn't until 2011 that the use of deadly force to combat the immediate threat of deadly force (outside of your home) was allowed without first "trying to retreat" when you believed your life in immediate danger. Not saying that bit did/didn't play a role in why/how "wrong" was charged, but the "stand your ground" law only applied to the home prior to 2011.
LOl

Erie, PA

#35 Oct 4, 2012
@ prep - u have no idea what u are talking about. Eric is really good friends with Mike the owner , he was not just a customer, he works for Mike and is always helping him out, He has never sold drugs in his life, get a clue
Nova

Bronx, NY

#36 Oct 4, 2012
Are there any Facts available?
Did Victim still have weapon when he was being choked?
Also why would you choke someone to subdue them. If 3-4 people jumped on him to disarm him, it would seem that there would be a less damaging way to restrain the guy. Carlson should be charged with Manslaughter and do 3-5.
Magnum PI

Erie, PA

#37 Oct 4, 2012
prep wrote:
Eric Carlson was a bully all through highschool.
False. I went to school with him, he was far from a bully. I'd continue this battle of brains, but you're clearly unarmed...
Sean

United States

#38 Oct 4, 2012
Nova wrote:
Are there any Facts available?
Did Victim still have weapon when he was being choked?
Also why would you choke someone to subdue them. If 3-4 people jumped on him to disarm him, it would seem that there would be a less damaging way to restrain the guy. Carlson should be charged with Manslaughter and do 3-5.
Yeah, I'm sure there was a long drawn out meeting between the patrons at the bar as to what would be the best way to subdue a guy with a gun. Coming from behind someone and choking them out seems pretty reasonable to me.
Know nuthing

Erie, PA

#39 Oct 4, 2012
Sean wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm sure there was a long drawn out meeting between the patrons at the bar as to what would be the best way to subdue a guy with a gun. Coming from behind someone and choking them out seems pretty reasonable to me.
but once he was disarmed did not someone say..."I think you can let go, he does not appear to be breathing?" I think we know these things occur in real time and things happen fast but a reasonable person would/should have thought to let go or change the method of restraint upon his release of his weapon. That small distinction may loom large to a jury and the timing and what witnesses say occured will be argued about for years, but only Mr. Carlson knows for certain why he did not let go any sooner than he did.
Nova

Bronx, NY

#40 Oct 4, 2012
Moat likely, alcohol and tough guy syndrome lead to the death.
Nova

Bronx, NY

#41 Oct 4, 2012
Most not moat, for the typo police

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS and the world. 15 min Caught Cathy 4
23 year old Adam Brown 17 min not a prob 2
Fight at Ghetto-Mart 18 min Mike Guy 44
Toomey hosts poverty round-table event in Erie 37 min Scooter Van Nooter 5
Border Patrol 1 hr Sergeant Ketchem 4
Do u think Ebola should be taken seriously? 1 hr Fromthegravedeath... 5
Is the Eric Frein manhunt just a big fake? 2 hr Jim 15
Figaski to Jail Joy Center Seniors 4 hr Cut teachers pay ... 140
Ryan Bizzarro's First Term Accomplishments 8 hr Fact check 48
When is Brian Krowicki going to be charged with... 15 hr Kung Fu Dragon 12