I am a libertarian and dislike big business getting special tax breaks and deals like the one Dick Yuengling is angling for. And he IS a whiney prick.<quoted text>
1. Actually Switzerland has a thriving beer industry with many excellent regional breweries.
2. Apparently you have never tasted real Fosters...how about Tooheys or Emu Export?
3. Yuengling is successful due to its location in a heavily populated urban area....then what explains the failure of Iron City& Duquense in Pittsburg or Schmidts in the same urban area as Yuengling?
4. American Beer festivals are a dime a dozen there are dozens of them....you want to attend a real one, go to Munich for its Octoberfest or its Starkbierziet "Strong Beer Festival" ...Memorable!
5. Small regional beers are better.....Some indeed are excellent but most fall south of real quality or taste.
6. AHA! Your real agenda surfaces, lets beat up Dick Yuengling a bit, he may be the whiney prick you reference, I do not know, never met him ....but he does make a great beer! So put aside your Unionist agenda & lift a glass of Yuengling to Dick in appreciation for a job well done.
Yuengling is a poor caliber corn and rice beer and is no where near the quality of Sam Adams. And you don't hear Jim Koch pissing and moaning about anything. He's too busy innovating.
Swiss are nothing more than tight-assed inbreds who wouldn't know good beer from a personality. The only drinkable beer in Europe is in England, Germany, or the Czech Republic.
Octoberfest in Munich is for American tourists. The echte Oktoberfest is in Stuttgart. Alles klar?