Downtown Mall
Anonymous This Time

Erie, PA

#1 Jul 8, 2013
I was browsing Youtube and just happened to come across this video. It talks about the downtown mall that was created in Detroit in order to increase business. Didn't work, sound familiar! This was 1983, BTW.

Interesting

Erie, PA

#2 Jul 9, 2013
very interesting!
State Street Stan

United States

#3 Jul 9, 2013
Yes , this was built in the 1950`s /60`s to revitalize Erie....of course it did not work
Malls have long been a favorite of college graduates who unable to find a job go into urban planning. Other favorites are Convention centers, Field houses,Park & ride lots & the most popular ...the mythical Tourist industry.
Anonymous This Time

Erie, PA

#5 Jul 9, 2013
It's funny how they removed the mall in Detroit because it was causing stores to lose business. Just like they said about the Erie DT mall. The video clip looks strangely a little like downtown Erie!
Erie Realist

United States

#6 Jul 9, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
That video gave me an idea. Let's block off State Street from 10th to 6th and use it for a big Dodge'em track. Drinking beer and riding Dodge'ems sounds like more fun than bike nights.
I give that idea one and a half stars.
Kinda funny but I like the Capital one commercial ..."Dodge Rock" instead of throwing rocks at each other, assign 5 chimps to each contestant...last one with any chimps left standing is the winner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GE set to announce closing 25 min Letmeout 155
News Erie group hosts talk about connecting Presque ... 1 hr I nike liggers 4
Erie's Best Prostitute 2 hr Mongo 69
David Crosby to Open Sperm Bank (Apr '15) 3 hr Mong 83
Curtis jones jr 3 hr Aunt Jemina 15
Mayoral candidate Bob Merski spearheading teach... 3 hr ZUGZWANG 29
i just stumbled upon here 3 hr ZUGZWANG 16
News Pat Howard: Failures by DevelopErie leave Erie ... 7 hr HHS Staff 23
Barbatos closed WHY?? Sun tim leary 44
More from around the web