St. Judes has been Saved!
Joshua Beard

Erie, PA

#64 Jan 27, 2012
Carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think of you stu, as each of the truckers mounts me in their cabs and in my caboose.
Kisses, Carol
Carol - I want to give you a french kiss! Capiche?
wondering

United States

#65 Jan 27, 2012
did they hire new teachers yet?
Very Sad

Erie, PA

#66 Jan 27, 2012
Confused,
Unfortunately several parents do attempt to voice their concerns in a nonthreatening productive manner. They are met with a less than satisfying or even concerning response. Their children are then left to deal with the brunt of the anger precipitated by their parent's concerns. This leaves the parent feeling very helpless. Out of concern for their children they end up regretting taking a stance for what they believed in.
Time to Speak Up

Davisburg, MI

#67 Jan 27, 2012
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
2 teachers in a week, I don't think anything can save us but JC himself.
Everyone is afraid to speak up and put their name out there. It is unfortunate that it is on a public website, but hopefully more parents will speak up anonymously and something can be done quickly. I don't want to leave the school, but if things aren't changed, I have to do what is best for my children.
wondering

United States

#68 Jan 27, 2012
what is so bad there? Why is everyone complaining about it?
confused

Powell, OH

#69 Jan 27, 2012
Very Sad wrote:
Confused,
Unfortunately several parents do attempt to voice their concerns in a nonthreatening productive manner. They are met with a less than satisfying or even concerning response. Their children are then left to deal with the brunt of the anger precipitated by their parent's concerns. This leaves the parent feeling very helpless. Out of concern for their children they end up regretting taking a stance for what they believed in.
We should have done more since the two teachers that left did so much for so many. The middle school will never be the same just like when Eisert left.
hint

Erie, PA

#70 Jan 27, 2012
wondering wrote:
what is so bad there? Why is everyone complaining about it?
Umm, read this thread.
Very Sad

Erie, PA

#71 Jan 27, 2012
Parents,
Please take this opportunity to let Our Lady's Christian's School, St. Jude's Church, and the Erie Diocese know that there are problems and they need to be addressed before it is too late. Let's hope it is not too late.
Mr Wareheim

Erie, PA

#72 Jan 27, 2012
I am starting to get fed up with the sock checking in the school too. I understand socks are part of the school's dress code, but my son is now insisting to check my socks when I get home from work to ensure they match the color of the slacks that I wore to work that day!
aggravated

Davisburg, MI

#73 Jan 27, 2012
Can someone please explain to me why we have a counselor who is not trustworthy, talks badly about our school, whose kids don't even attend there anymore, and is not a member of our parish, St Julias or St Andrew, and has had so many parents complain to the current principal as well as past principals that they do not want her involved in their kids lives is still there?
wondering

United States

#74 Jan 27, 2012
but isn't it all gossip?

And every Catholic School does the uniform check! That means socks too!(part of the uniform.)
Glad to be out of OLC

Erie, PA

#75 Jan 27, 2012
Very Sad wrote:
I am responding to "PARENT". "Without a doubt...no parent has been called into school about socks." Well in fact I may not have been called but I was actually given an invoice for a pair of socks. My son did not have gym class, he did not have shorts on, but he did have to pull up his pant leg by the music teacher. I guess she didn't feel like having fun with the children that day singing songs. That being said, I am a rule follower. As my five children are running out the door I do not do a sock check. I am happy that they actually are wearing socks. If they had gym class, if they had shorts on feel free to invoice me for the socks. Don't sweat the small stuff Ms. Carey. Sweat the fact that our 7th and 8th grade are without an English teacher. Sweat the fact that our 1st grade has lost an unbelievable teacher and asset to our school. What a shame OLC.
The Music teacher is a first-class horse's ass. She would sing during school events - it sounded like 2 cats having intercourse.
Fed Up

Powell, OH

#76 Jan 27, 2012
I cannot believe that a good teacher quit because of being bullied by students and parents. We need to get him back NOW and back into the classroom where he belongs before it's too late. He needs to be in the classroom to inspire our kids.
truth

Davisburg, MI

#78 Jan 27, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
I cannot believe that a good teacher quit because of being bullied by students and parents. We need to get him back NOW and back into the classroom where he belongs before it's too late. He needs to be in the classroom to inspire our kids.
The bullying went both ways.
Former OLC Mom

Erie, PA

#79 Jan 27, 2012
Very Sad wrote:
Our family has been very involved with St. Judes and Our Lady's Christian School for over 15+ years. I loved being a part of everything that went along with OLCS. After last year, I can not volunteer another hour, donate another item, or barely walk into that school. Ms. Carey is not a principal that anyone would or should want for their children. Please Father Detisch help us. We are all hoping that you will help put St. Judes and OLCS back to where they were 5 years ago.
Thank you.
Ms. Carey is the Principal? I thought Natalie Sweny was in charge.
Steve Brule

Stow, OH

#80 Jan 27, 2012
I'm removing my kid from this mess. I can no longer be associated with any of the parents here acting like children, whether protagonist or antagonist. My son found my dirty socks and told me they smelled like another mom's lips. It's getting out of hand! I'm sending my children to Tracy where they can where whatever damn socks they want. Then they wont become conformist sheeple that cant think independently for themselves.
Pep Pep

North Royalton, OH

#81 Jan 27, 2012
Steve Brule wrote:
I'm removing my kid from this mess. I can no longer be associated with any of the parents here acting like children, whether protagonist or antagonist. My son found my dirty socks and told me they smelled like another mom's lips. It's getting out of hand! I'm sending my children to Tracy where they can where whatever damn socks they want. Then they wont become conformist sheeple that cant think independently for themselves.
you wear your dads dirty socks? what's your dad like?
Ass Doc

Erie, PA

#82 Jan 27, 2012
Why do teachers work at the Catholic grade schools for half the pay?
Former OLC Student

Erie, PA

#83 Jan 27, 2012
confused wrote:
<quoted text>
We should have done more since the two teachers that left did so much for so many. The middle school will never be the same just like when Eisert left.
You're right that the school will never be the same without Mark Eisert, but if anything, it will be a more positive place. As a student who, for two years, dealt with his underhanded, snide remarks, and constant bullying of students who didn't "fit the mold." As a senior who carries a 4.3 GPA and will be attending an Ivy League school in the fall, his comments about my future, including "I cant see you getting into that school" and "tell me that when you're working the drive-through at McDonald's," were highly degrading and unwarranted. That kind of behavior is unacceptable for anyone, let alone a person in a position of authority at a Catholic school. After four years of attending a public high school, I have found it to be a much more Christian environment than I ever had at OLC. All of those in support of him obviously didn't have him as a teacher during his final years at the school.
In addition to allowing a teacher, principal and pastor to bully students and parents, the focus of the school as a whole was not on providing students with a quality Catholic education. I have found that my education, particularly in the science department, is severely lacking. During my 8th grade year, the school hired and fired 5 different science teachers, not because they were poor in their fields, but because of differences among the staff. If the focus would have been on the students, and one teacher would have been aloud to teach the whole year, my education would not have been at such a deficit. I didn't learn anything that year because a topic was never finished before a new teacher was introduced and aloud to change the focus of the course. The religious education department during my time at OLC was also severely lacking. Religion class was rare and the allotted time for this class was often filled with other miscellaneous items. "Is this the Catholic education we are paying for?" was a common question my parents asked when I came home with disciplinary action based on the height of my socks, yet I hadn't had a religion class in over two weeks. I would love to see OLC return to its former glory, as I have many wonderful memories from my early years there and still maintain a friendly relationship with many of my former teachers, many of whom have now unfortunately chosen to leave as well.
Former OLC Student

Erie, PA

#84 Jan 27, 2012
Former OLC Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Carey is the Principal? I thought Natalie Sweny was in charge.
As a former OLC student, whose parent poured their blood, sweat, tears, and dollars into that school, and then were shown the door when they did "speak up," I can tell you that Natalie Sweny has a heart of gold and has done more for that school than anyone will ever know. Maybe she should be the principal! She'd be the best one since Marilyn Reiser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"We can't make it here anymore" 24 min Father Barts 13
father barts 37 min Father Barts 1
Whatever happened to the fight guy and Professi... 45 min Douglas Wilson 15
Jill mccormick 1 hr Laughing 27
Why so many blacks on TV? 1 hr Get on the ground 21
Anyone working over the holiday at GE? 1 hr Noise 4
Widget financial 2 hr Oh Well 20
Pat Black buying G.E. Erie? 5 hr Not Turke 36
GE bld 6 multistory working overtime again. 6 hr Zugzwang 81
Popeyes chicken 8 hr Barbed wire 32