Erie Times News
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jaime Mead

Erie, PA

#1 Mar 7, 2013
Why are they so bad at reporting stories. They dont tell the whole story and seems to never fully investigate stories. Such as the jeff lecorchick case, I searched the internet and came across a article from the indiana county post gazette, it tells how Lecorchich was meeting with people on the lower eastside by hamot selling drugs, said he had a 18 and a half pound bale that he was selling, Also that lisa cunningham phone records have been subpena(spelling?) because she was the girlfriend of jeff. Now Lisa cunningham is Barry Grossman secratary and now head of his office. Also there were other people indicted by the grand jury for selling drugs in erie, such as a Andreas Kostis as well as other, this was never reported. Then we have all the stuff going on at the prison, in any state institution the warden would have been fired on the spot, not allowed to retire. Seems to be no reporting done on these issues. I know somebody that called about all the DEP violations at the Erie Coke plant, was willing to go on record about the violations and nobody wanted to talk about it. They were supposed to fix all the ovens, they couldnt meet a deadline so instead of fixing the ovens, they just put new brick on the outside of the oven to make it look new, The dep that is supposed to be making sure that they follow guidlines is related by marriage to Steve one of the big shots down there, so he gets paid to look the other way. Does anybody have any idea why the times does not cover these stories? Or tell the whole facts to the story. Almost seems like they are told what to print, What about the city councilman who was caught with a very young hispanic male breaking car windows at a car dealership on east 12th, he gave 3 diffrent stories to the police about how he got there and the police just let him go, when the hispanic male was asked what happened that night he says he doesnt remember because he was high on pills. So what is a city councilman doing with a very young male who was high on pills???? Why did the police let him go and why did the Times not dig into this story deeper. They never told us what happen to the officer that was stealing coke from evidence locker. It just seems they are told what to write and what not to, guess there not intrested in the truth. They are intrested in keeping certain people happy and thats pretty sad. Do your [email protected] job and report the stories in there entirity.
To Jamie Mead

Erie, PA

#2 Mar 7, 2013
Once worked for a police dept at a summer resort type area.. The police chief to us summer help that the reason he was Chief for sooo long was he didn't piss of the locals..
To answer your q I guess .. Erie Times is all about selling ads and I my option is they don't want to step on any toes.. If you get me..
snag

Erie, PA

#3 Mar 7, 2013
they very seldom leave the City of Erie or Millcreek to report anything, even when asked to cover something for the community.
Wish the Erie Press was still around!
panini

Erie, PA

#4 Mar 7, 2013
i wouldnt use the etn for toilet paper if i didnt have any rather use my hand thats what i think of it.
Jaime Mead

Erie, PA

#5 Mar 7, 2013
Thanks, was just wondering if anybody else noticed how bad they are at reporting events in the erie area.
Jaime Mead

Erie, PA

#6 Mar 7, 2013
And im clueless and nuts huh, sorry that I bring up something that you dont have the guts to speak about, typical Erieite.....
some one

Erie, PA

#7 Mar 7, 2013
Jaime Mead wrote:
Why are they so bad at reporting stories. They dont tell the whole story and seems to never fully investigate stories. Such as the jeff lecorchick case, I searched the internet and came across a article from the indiana county post gazette, it tells how Lecorchich was meeting with people on the lower eastside by hamot selling drugs, said he had a 18 and a half pound bale that he was selling, Also that lisa cunningham phone records have been subpena(spelling?) because she was the girlfriend of jeff. Now Lisa cunningham is Barry Grossman secratary and now head of his office. Also there were other people indicted by the grand jury for selling drugs in erie, such as a Andreas Kostis as well as other, this was never reported. Then we have all the stuff going on at the prison, in any state institution the warden would have been fired on the spot, not allowed to retire. Seems to be no reporting done on these issues. I know somebody that called about all the DEP violations at the Erie Coke plant, was willing to go on record about the violations and nobody wanted to talk about it. They were supposed to fix all the ovens, they couldnt meet a deadline so instead of fixing the ovens, they just put new brick on the outside of the oven to make it look new, The dep that is supposed to be making sure that they follow guidlines is related by marriage to Steve one of the big shots down there, so he gets paid to look the other way. Does anybody have any idea why the times does not cover these stories? Or tell the whole facts to the story. Almost seems like they are told what to print, What about the city councilman who was caught with a very young hispanic male breaking car windows at a car dealership on east 12th, he gave 3 diffrent stories to the police about how he got there and the police just let him go, when the hispanic male was asked what happened that night he says he doesnt remember because he was high on pills. So what is a city councilman doing with a very young male who was high on pills???? Why did the police let him go and why did the Times not dig into this story deeper. They never told us what happen to the officer that was stealing coke from evidence locker. It just seems they are told what to write and what not to, guess there not intrested in the truth. They are intrested in keeping certain people happy and thats pretty sad. Do your [email protected] job and report the stories in there entirity.
Guess people cant handle the truth, like in a few good men with tom cruise, "you want the truth" "you cant handle the truth" lol
Lib to the hell yeah

Waterford, PA

#8 Mar 7, 2013
I know a while after it all went down the cop busted with the coke from the evidence locker was working for a plumbing company. Hope that breaking news makes your day ;)
some one

Erie, PA

#9 Mar 7, 2013
Lib to the hell yeah wrote:
I know a while after it all went down the cop busted with the coke from the evidence locker was working for a plumbing company. Hope that breaking news makes your day ;)
ya def made my day sorry I bring up a discussion, and a dick like you wants to be a [email protected], what you work at the times, did I hurt your feelings....O im sorry lib to the hell ya, great name by the way. You have anything useful to say? Or you just a [email protected] all the time
Lib to the hell yeah

Waterford, PA

#10 Mar 7, 2013
some one wrote:
<quoted text> ya def made my day sorry I bring up a discussion, and a dick like you wants to be a [email protected], what you work at the times, did I hurt your feelings....O im sorry lib to the hell ya, great name by the way. You have anything useful to say? Or you just a [email protected] all the time
I'm pretty much just a smartass all the time.
skip the pee pee

Erie, PA

#11 Mar 7, 2013
some one wrote:
<quoted text> ya def made my day sorry I bring up a discussion, and a dick like you wants to be a [email protected], what you work at the times, did I hurt your feelings....O im sorry lib to the hell ya, great name by the way. You have anything useful to say? Or you just a [email protected] all the time
Right on. The guy is a complete a-hole. The creep is a waste of human flesh.
Lib to the hell yeah

Waterford, PA

#12 Mar 7, 2013
some one wrote:
Actually though my post was in answer to the first post not yours.
some one

Erie, PA

#13 Mar 7, 2013
Lib to the hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty much just a smartass all the time.
So hows that working out for you?
Lib to the hell yeah

Waterford, PA

#14 Mar 7, 2013
some one wrote:
<quoted text> So hows that working out for you?
Pretty well. I amuse myself. I'm sorry. Did you idjuts think I was here for your pleasure?

Ssssssssssssssssssssst. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)
Lib to the hell yeah

Waterford, PA

#15 Mar 7, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on. The guy is a complete a-hole. The creep is a waste of human flesh.
And anyone posting under skip the pee pee is someone we should listen to, right perv? Oh I forgot, you're 12. Let me save you some time and post your next post for you. You own me. Whippity schwing ding for you. Now go put on your zit cream and get to bed.
Supernatural Johnson

Pioneer, OH

#16 Mar 8, 2013
Does Erie print a newspaper?
Liberal realist

United States

#17 Mar 8, 2013
The Erie Times News?....don`t you mean The Erie Slime News? I`ve seen High School Newspapers with more journalistic content.
All they do is rubberstamp the Obama Agenda,Sell advertising & put into print the BS presented by the leftest syndicated columnists.
Wish someone would resurrect The Erie Dispatch Herald!
Kathy

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Mar 8, 2013
The ETN blows cock!!! Kevin Flowers is a worthless turd!!! How in the world can Bucky Barry have a news conference this afternoon regarding the man he wants to promote, asking council to waive the 4 year degree?! Council is meeting on Tuesday!!!! How could he apply if he obviously did NOT meet the qualifications??!! Why wouldn't Bucky, I mean Barry, ask for the waiver BEFORE writing a bid and listing the qualifications?! Google Kovacs too, check out his background! What does this Kevin Sutter have on or is owed by the County Executive??!! Once again smells rotten and the slime Grossman has his hand in the dirt! Such a bunch of dirty politics!! VOTERS beware GROSSMAN needs to go! Asking council to "bend" the personnel code!!!!!!
Outsider Looking In

Mckeesport, PA

#19 Mar 8, 2013
WOW! Pathetic newspaper reporting!! What's going to happen if Mead becomes judge?! What a disgrace to the entire Erie County Community!!!

Since: Dec 12

Erie, PA

#20 Mar 8, 2013
This town just a piece a shit

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do black men desire white women? 8 min Marion Street Mike 42
Lisa Austin went to Yale: Does it MATTER? 11 min local pendot rube 7
Lou sopperootski 26 min Ill be back 3
Vote tomorrow to keep GE Trans Erie open. 1 hr Harborcreek1 26
GE Erie Reaches agreement with UE 506 1 hr Harborcreek1 49
Lisa Austin: trying again, really? 1 hr Eastsida 4
History of Julie Moon 2 hr Just another side... 13
GE Proposal 2 hr Dtf 29
Wheres Wiley 4 hr Lou Sopperootski 55
Who is the worst Boss or employer is Erie (Aug '10) Wed Lou Sopperootski 303