Faded glory

Full story: GoErie.com 8
The master bedroom in the Watson-Curtze Mansion needs several renovations. The linoleum floors need to be restored to hardwood. Full Story
Interior Design

Lorain, OH

#1 Sep 18, 2008
CORRECTION - Sandy Blazek is NOT an Interior Designer, she is a self taught interior decorator....there is a difference!

An Interior Designer is a 4 year college degree, with special training and skills.

An Interior Decorator has no formal training...no skills....
POSER

Erie, PA

#2 Aug 30, 2009
Sandy Blazek is a poser and a thief. Not a designer. My friends mother died and she had an estate sale, Sandy ran the sale. Things were missing. She is not an honest person. BEWARE!
madame

Chantilly, VA

#3 Sep 5, 2009
Maybe she is an interior decorator. But I don't judge someone by their degree, rather I judge them by the quality of their work. Sandy's work speaks for itself. Her decorating is simply beautiful.

She is honest and trustworthy as well.
unhappy

Erie, PA

#4 Sep 15, 2009
Decorator? NO. Designer? Absolutely NOT, Jerk? YES! Total Jerk? ABSOLUTELY!!!
I was pressured into purchasing a piece of furniture that I was told was the last one b/c it was soon to be discontinued. She told us she would put it on hold for us b/c we were not ready for it yet. So, my husband and I went to pick up the piece for my anniversary a month 1/2 later and it was sold to someone else? Needless to say we were pissed. Found out from Traditions that she LIED, it was not discontinued. She ignored my phone calls and never apologized. My brother also had issues with her as well. All I can say is BUYER BEWARE.
unfortunate

Erie, PA

#5 Sep 16, 2009
I feel sorry for the woman that she is so disliked. Sounds like you should stay away from this one.
Karen

United States

#6 Sep 16, 2009
So, a 4 year college degree is the only way to gain a skill? One can't study the subject any other way? One can't get hands-on experience outside a collegiate classroom? Having spent years in collegiage classrooms, I would have to say that they are no guarantee of skill-aquisition.
The medical community seems to agree. After medical school, new doctors are required to spend years in practical training, called residency.
I've no particular knowledge of the person you're discussing so I'm not commenting on her skill level.
Interior Design wrote:
CORRECTION - Sandy Blazek is NOT an Interior Designer, she is a self taught interior decorator....there is a difference!
An Interior Designer is a 4 year college degree, with special training and skills.
An Interior Decorator has no formal training...no skills....
kip

Erie, PA

#8 Sep 18, 2009
I think your missing the point. The issue in question is not whether she has a title it sounds like people are very disatisified with the lack of customer service and how rude and pushy she is.
Karen

United States

#10 Sep 18, 2009
That was your point, and it may well be justified. I certainly don't have enough information on which to base an opinion on your point. My point deals with intellectual snobbery.
kip wrote:
I think your missing the point. The issue in question is not whether she has a title it sounds like people are very disatisified with the lack of customer service and how rude and pushy she is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Brief: Erie Chamber Orchestra to feature vio... 11 min Mongo 2
Molly Dugan 21 min Eric from Jamestown 14
What has christian lestat been doing? 1 hr Miss Peaches 2
NFL Owners and Goodell are Gutless 2 hr lazy street ape 9
Who in the World is David Crosby (Jun '13) 2 hr Mongo 37
what does erie mean to you? 2 hr Mongo 24
Who are they 2 hr Mongo 30
Figaski to Jail Joy Center Seniors 3 hr dime store donny 61
Mercyhurst last game 11 hr Mr Obvious 26
•••