Pat Howard: Too Much Talk about Trish

Pat Howard: Too Much Talk about Trish

Posted in the Erie Forum

Walter7

Erie, PA

#1 Jul 5, 2014
Once upon a time, Erie had a very talented, insightful editorial writer named Pat Howard. Possessing the rare talent of being able to cut to the core of many a contentious or controversial issue, Mr. Howard was one of the very best the ETN had to offer.

What the hell happened?

So many of Mr. Howard's writings anymore are about trivial or personal things, issues that really have no bearing on the life of readers. And if he's not talking about biking, he's talking about his wife: Trish.

In fact, he's always talking about Trish.

Last week, during a period where he could have written about a myriad of important Erie topics, Mr. Howard spent a whole column discussion his wife's efforts over the years to quite smoking.

DOES ANYONE REALLY CARE ABOUT THIS???

Seriously??

How many people other than Howard or maybe his close friends are interested in his wife's smoking habits? Are you? Are any members of your family?

Pat, please: Quit the Trish talk. We don't really care, and that's a good thing. We want real news and real issues that effect all of us. That' what the ETN is supposed to be there for.

Your wife's success (or nonsuccess) in quitting smoking is not an issue that's relevant to any Erieite.
Cuneo Boys

Canton, OH

#2 Jul 5, 2014
We've instructed Pat to write more articles designed to deflect the sorry state of affairs concerning Erie. Steering readers toward subjects they can relate to like smoking, chicken wings, drinking, and other unhealthy vices reinforces the belief that Erie is the greatest place to raise a family. Pat knows he is never to touch the subject of Blue Moon ice cream at that Parade Street stand. That's the Holy Grail article to be written only by a Cuneo.
Paper Passe

Sharon, PA

#3 Jul 5, 2014
Pat's good columns were written when the ETN had some influence on elections and other public affairs. Now they harp on small scale subjects such as minor bus stop relocations and obsolete bridges but can't move the needle. Just a countdown to retirement for Pat and the rest; hoping the pension plan doesn't crash.
c f kane

Erie, PA

#4 Jul 5, 2014
Newspaper people, like most teachers, have never really done anything. So who cares what they think. They exist to record what happens.

Besides, the media is owned by the establishment and just parrots what the establishmemt wants.

The newspaper has been on the wrong side of every issue in town. Hopefully the paper eventually folds and people take back their community.
man about town

Erie, PA

#6 Jul 6, 2014
What do you expect? He is a left wing liberal
fecal parasite

Port Clinton, OH

#7 Jul 6, 2014
Who is he ?
Figures

Harrisburg, PA

#8 Jul 6, 2014
Funny and true. He just did it again today. Another article that ties into both biking and his wife Trish. Maybe the guy should just retire.
Sam Colt

Canton, OH

#9 Jul 6, 2014
Paper Passe wrote:
Pat's good columns were written when the ETN had some influence on elections and other public affairs. Now they harp on small scale subjects such as minor bus stop relocations and obsolete bridges but can't move the needle. Just a countdown to retirement for Pat and the rest; hoping the pension plan doesn't crash.
Is Trish his slut daughter>???
Ed Mathews

North East, PA

#12 Jul 6, 2014
I like to write about the weather and my experience with changing a flat tire, I think Pat writes things that are way over my head gee I wish I could figure out way the EDT is getting thinner as the country goes to pot like Detroit, I mean heroin, oh well the world is to complex when you cant find your az with both hands, hey thats a great idea, thats tomorrows article
Fogt

Pittston, PA

#13 Jul 6, 2014
The Erie paper and Howard along with the Cuneo dopes are a reflection of what is happening in this country. It is on a downward death spiral into a 3rd world hellhole.
Cuneo Boys

Canton, OH

#14 Jul 7, 2014
Fogt wrote:
The Erie paper and Howard along with the Cuneo dopes are a reflection of what is happening in this country. It is on a downward death spiral into a 3rd world hellhole.
I represent that remark ! Erie needs to try that " Blue Moon " ice cream more often. Things would get a whole lot better around here if they did.
Zugzwang

Wattsburg, PA

#15 Jul 7, 2014
Tally wrote:
Pat is a total hypocrite. He's anti union after he's fathers union job paid for his schooling as well as all that was provided to him as a child. If you smoke you're a scumbag but not his wife, she was a saint as a smoker. Howard is an irrelevant hack for the democrats in Erie. There is and never has been anything objective in his rants.
You aren't the original TALLY but you have learned well from him. At ease and carry on.......
Nemesis

Erie, PA

#17 Jul 7, 2014
Nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>
You Tally-whackers are one and the same. This is just another camouflage for David Crosby, Mike, Zugzwang and other idiot names this fool writes under, with no substance but his pathetic big head and basement talk. So go screw yourself Tally boy.
And the poor fool lost his job when the Satin Club shut down. He is now totally unemployable.
Goat Cheese

Beaver, PA

#18 Jul 7, 2014
Scooter Van Nooter wrote:
Pat Howard is a useless POS Libtard tool whose head is stuck 2 feet up Obama's A$$. His wife Trish must look at him each and every morning and sigh to herself, "what did I do to deserve this POS?"
What a pleasant and sensitive individual you are. So respectful of the opinions expressed by others and what a genuine and compassionate human you are. Every morning all of us sigh and say to ourselves, "what did we do to deserve this POS??"
Tally

Erie, PA

#19 Jul 7, 2014
Nemesis wrote:
<quoted text>
And the poor fool lost his job when the Satin Club shut down. He is now totally unemployable.
Mike, whether you post under nemesis or zugzwang there's no hiding your stupidity as evidenced by your posts. Maybe since your heads so big you can name certain areas with all the names you post under and still have room for more.
censorship is unamerican

Erie, PA

#22 Jul 7, 2014
Someone can dish it out but not take it.
harold and maude

Erie, PA

#23 Jul 7, 2014
censorship is unamerican wrote:
Someone can dish it out but not take it.
Can't handle truth, harold?

,,,,,Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four (next year)?......

on the internet. sad. was it bait and switch? no pun intended.

it's garbage night harold....hurry and steal my garbage again......
Joe Goebbels

Erie, PA

#24 Jul 8, 2014
Think of the press as a great keyboard
on which the government can play.
Friend of Bill

Erie, PA

#25 Jul 12, 2014
Damn right!

Pat should talk about other things that interest us SO much more.....like his bike riding!
Goby Pelican

United States

#27 Jul 12, 2014
Scooter Van Nooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Or perhaps his lawn mowing, nose picking, or some other boring activity this loser wants to crow about.
Or latest Obama hissy fit, updates on Rosie O'Donnell or the upcoming gay parades.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does Dr. Martin Luther King J.R. day mean ... 8 min Inner city dweller 16
Did Prep fire Merski Jr. from his teacher job? 8 min Iceberg Slim 66
Why Does Trumps Wife Look So Ticked Off 10 min Erie Dem Committe... 23
Kevin and "son" BREVIN Flowers? WTF??? 10 min Dewey Oxburger 2
R.j. zonnas is back doing the night crawl. 12 min Divided way 1
Erie School District - The Solution 15 min ZUGZWANG 43
Criminal Lou Aliota on Millcreek School Board (Aug '15) 1 hr Taxpayer 125
LET the RECORD SHOW... 2 hr Reality 17
When is G.E.set to close? 8 hr Avenue Man 218

Erie Jobs