Our View: Visit Erie: Gas is cheap

Jun 15, 2013 Full story: Erie Times News 29

Get pumped up: Motorists like to fume about gas prices in Erie, because we often pay more at the pump than drivers elsewhere in Pennsylvania or in nearby Ohio.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
What a joke

Erie, PA

#1 Jun 15, 2013
Gotta love the Erie Times. Morons all the way through.$3.36 a gallon gas is cheap?? Ohio raised their gas tax idiots. Erie prices are going to be going up soon. Gas should be around a $1.50 a gallon. But with the Obama and democrat energy policy and their destruction of the US dollar gas prices are way over inflated.
Gassy Pants

United States

#2 Jun 15, 2013
What a joke wrote:
Gotta love the Erie Times. Morons all the way through.$3.36 a gallon gas is cheap?? Ohio raised their gas tax idiots. Erie prices are going to be going up soon. Gas should be around a $1.50 a gallon. But with the Obama and democrat energy policy and their destruction of the US dollar gas prices are way over inflated.
Take quick trip over the NY state line, it's $3.85 a gal. And that was 2 months ago, not off the exit pricing either.
What a joke

Erie, PA

#3 Jun 15, 2013
Gassy Pants wrote:
<quoted text>Take quick trip over the NY state line, it's $3.85 a gal. And that was 2 months ago, not off the exit pricing either.
Been there done that. It is called a state gas tax. New York is filled with high taxing pigs.
puzzled

Erie, PA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
What a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there done that. It is called a state gas tax. New York is filled with high taxing pigs.
Why ii your boy Corbett so hot to raise gas taxes? What happened to the GOP mantra that lowering taxes increases revenue for the govt? You know, trickle down. Lower taxes=more consumption=more tax collected. Where has the beloved GOP gone?
What a joke

Erie, PA

#7 Jun 15, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text> Why ii your boy Corbett so hot to raise gas taxes? What happened to the GOP mantra that lowering taxes increases revenue for the govt? You know, trickle down. Lower taxes=more consumption=more tax collected. Where has the beloved GOP gone?
Bet all your boys in the democrat Senate and Legislator are itching for Corbett to do it. However he has not done it as of yet. So shove it back up your worthless ass.
puzzled

Erie, PA

#8 Jun 16, 2013
What a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Bet all your boys in the democrat Senate and Legislator are itching for Corbett to do it. However he has not done it as of yet. So shove it back up your worthless ass.
Why would a GOP gov. Even propose such a thing?
What a joke

Erie, PA

#9 Jun 16, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text>Why would a GOP gov. Even propose such a thing?
Probably trying to get along with the democraps, dummy. Has he done it yet?
puzzled

Erie, PA

#10 Jun 17, 2013
What a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably trying to get along with the democraps, dummy. Has he done it yet?
When did the GOP adopt getting along with democrats as a strategy to raise taxes? If Corbett raises gas taxes will you support his reelection?
What a joke

Erie, PA

#11 Jun 17, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text> When did the GOP adopt getting along with democrats as a strategy to raise taxes? If Corbett raises gas taxes will you support his reelection?
Here is a suggestion for you Skippy, change your name from puzzled to just plain dumb. Has Corbett raised the gas tax stupid??

The point of the thread is that Pat Cuneo and his fellow democrat idiots at the Times think that $3.36 a gallon gas is cheap. Idiots like you have no problem with that.
puzzled

Erie, PA

#12 Jun 17, 2013
What a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a suggestion for you Skippy, change your name from puzzled to just plain dumb. Has Corbett raised the gas tax stupid??
The point of the thread is that Pat Cuneo and his fellow democrat idiots at the Times think that $3.36 a gallon gas is cheap. Idiots like you have no problem with that.
it's in his proposed budget that must be passed by 6/30/13. It will have to be opposed by his own party. Will you continue to support the GOP when you are paying a new GOP tax every time you buy gas?
What a joke

Erie, PA

#13 Jun 17, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text> it's in his proposed budget that must be passed by 6/30/13. It will have to be opposed by his own party. Will you continue to support the GOP when you are paying a new GOP tax every time you buy gas?
Has it been passed yet? Will the democrats support it? I don't support the GOP at all. Most of them are spineless when it comes to dealing to the evil of you and your fellow democraps. Maybe more Republicans should be as hypocritical as you dummycrats. You keep voting for the same democrat stooges even though they stick it to you constantly. Now quit being so damn dumb you phony.
So what

Fairview, PA

#14 Jun 17, 2013
Sure gas prices are lower here than in other places. They're not CHEAP. When one party fixes one problem, it usually creates another. Somewhere between the two is the right answer, but hey, we don't have the "common sense" party.
Erie Smells

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Jun 17, 2013
What a joke wrote:
Gotta love the Erie Times. Morons all the way through.$3.36 a gallon gas is cheap?? Ohio raised their gas tax idiots. Erie prices are going to be going up soon. Gas should be around a $1.50 a gallon. But with the Obama and democrat energy policy and their destruction of the US dollar gas prices are way over inflated.
I wouldn't visit that dump of a city if gas was free. The whole place smells like a bums foot marinated in Shark Shit.
God

Meadville, PA

#16 Jun 17, 2013
What a joke wrote:
Gotta love the Erie Times. Morons all the way through.$3.36 a gallon gas is cheap?? Ohio raised their gas tax idiots. Erie prices are going to be going up soon. Gas should be around a $1.50 a gallon. But with the Obama and democrat energy policy and their destruction of the US dollar gas prices are way over inflated.
Interesting that when gas prices were at their all-time high in June 2008, the Fux News mantra was "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices". Back then, it was blamed on 'market forces' and 'speculators'.

Which is it, wingnuts?
panini

Erie, PA

#17 Jun 17, 2013
they just raised gas some places 6-8 cents a gallon everytime there a article in the paper it goes up a few days later just like this time
cheetos

United States

#18 Jun 17, 2013
panini wrote:
they just raised gas some places 6-8 cents a gallon everytime there a article in the paper it goes up a few days later just like this time
for crying out loud, you know the drill. summer vacations, 4th of July and Labor Day. Did you just wake from your coma?
puzzled

Erie, PA

#19 Jun 17, 2013
panini wrote:
they just raised gas some places 6-8 cents a gallon everytime there a article in the paper it goes up a few days later just like this time
What will Corbett say to claim that this is good for the average pa consumer. How will the GOP paint a tax increase as good for anybody in this beloved commonwealth? How will the GOP improve its much maligned brand by proposing and enacting by fiat a tax on fuel?
Larry the Satanless

Erie, PA

#20 Jun 18, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that when gas prices were at their all-time high in June 2008, the Fux News mantra was "no President has the power to increase or to lower gas prices". Back then, it was blamed on 'market forces' and 'speculators'.
Which is it, wingnuts?
Interesting huh stupid. Gas prices have averaged record highs since 2009. Which is it wingnuts? Now the CNN mantra is no President has the power to lower gas prices. Today it is blamed on market forces and the fable of global warming. You left wing nut hypocrites are the stupidest of Satan's creatures.
puzzled too

Erie, PA

#21 Jun 18, 2013
Hmm gas just went up. I am puzzled since the Obama energy policy is supposed to rectify this and the Erie Times says gas is cheap here. Oh well....guess I will take Obama's sage advice and be off to put more air in my tires.
What a joke

Erie, PA

#22 Jun 18, 2013
puzzled wrote:
<quoted text> What will Corbett say to claim that this is good for the average pa consumer. How will the GOP paint a tax increase as good for anybody in this beloved commonwealth? How will the GOP improve its much maligned brand by proposing and enacting by fiat a tax on fuel?
Interesting, coming from a libtard democrap whose party never saw a tax increase they didn't like. Soak the rich....remember stupid?? Your hypocrisy is quite transparent moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama takes a breather in Hawaii 14 min submit comment 15
State Parole and Probation 14 min Sam Colt 13
In Brief: Man to serve up to 80 years in Erie C... 24 min snag 4
Should Figaski Resign in Shame? 32 min Millcreeker 13
Clowns at the Sunflower club 38 min 1st shift SV 22
Anybody know Mike Ohara 7 hr sheniah 36
I lvsz acdc. ..letsuug me put myasz lov intouyuzsa 8 hr Doug wilsin 4
Erie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Erie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Erie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:01 am PST

NBC Sports11:01AM
Bills officially activate Spiller
NBC Sports11:20 AM
Troy Polamalu not expected to play on Sunday
NBC Sports11:31 AM
Bills RB Spiller activated - NBC Sports
Yahoo! Sports11:31 AM
Bills RB Spiller activated, probable
ESPN11:45 AM
Source: Bills' Spiller expected to play Sunday