A Tale of Two Jeffs: LeCorchick and K...

A Tale of Two Jeffs: LeCorchick and Kodba

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dick Porterhouse

Erie, PA

#1 Oct 5, 2013
"The Saddest Thing in Life is wasted talent"

This comment was repeated often by the Robert De Niro character in the famous 1990s film "A Bronx Tale"

Sad but true, in so many ways.....

Something equally unfortunate, however, occurs when an individual whose born into a family affording great opportunities decides to throw it all away by leading a life of crime.

Jeff LeCorchick and Jeff Kodba are too recent examples that immediately come to mind.

Both of these men are children of Erie media giants: LeCorchick, the son of famous radio personality Jim LeCorchick; Kodba, the son of Erie broadcasting weather legend Joey Stevens.

Honestly, how many kids in Erie are either born into a family with no father anywhere to be seen or where the father is a relative nobody with no real connections in Erie?

I cringe thinking of the opportunities both of these "Jeffs" had at their feet: opportunities for education (both), for starting a business (Kodba) or with taking advantage of the numerous "friends" and connections that each of their fathers cultivated over a lifetime in Erie. Again, these are opportunities that most kids in Erie simply don't have anymore.

Instead, Jeff LeCorchick decided to use his advantage of attending IUP to become a drug dealer in that area. Jeff Kodba, on the other hand formed an Internet computer equipment business that ended up scamming and defrauding people out of thousands of dollars.

Again, think of the opportunities that both of these men had due to their family connections.

It's truly sad. And that's what's been missed in so many of the threads involving these two. It's not just what they did; it's what they "could" have done with what they had been given.
Yimmie Corchick

Trenton, NJ

#2 Oct 5, 2013
We could have had in all just like Bogie and Bacall.
laughable

Erie, PA

#3 Oct 5, 2013
lol what opportunities does a radio host or weather man bring. none...
Chico

Erie, PA

#4 Oct 5, 2013
laughable wrote:
lol what opportunities does a radio host or weather man bring. none...
Agreed.Especially in a backward town like this.I don't know much about Kodba but LeCorchick's kid was behind the eight ball from the get go.His old man Jimmy "what high school did you go to" LeCorchick is one of the most undisciplined individuals you'll ever know.Destrucively impulsive,a poor student in school,former alcoholic,divorced,flat broke,and concentrating on nothing but sports,this guy could only have a son destined to fail.
danny greene

Erie, PA

#5 Oct 5, 2013
"famous radio personality"....you've got to be kidding me. In his own mind.
Tang

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Oct 6, 2013
I think the original poster's point, although not explained extremely well, was that both dads had certain advantages that the two sons failed to utilize. This is no doubt true.

Joey Stephens made a great living in Erie for many years. I'd bet he was probablly the highest paid Erie media personality of his time; he also had different business ventures going on. So it's not hard to fathom that Joey may have helped set up his son in business in the first place.

As for Jimmy's son, whether he was "behind the eight ball," as one poster mentioned, really didn't have to matter and often doesn't matter in Erie where it's about connections, nepotism, where someone went to high school, etc.

Sure, Jim LeCorchick had some problems and issues. But Jimmy also spent decades kissing the rumps and massaging the egos of legions of preppies and other influential Erieites, many of whom now hold good jobs and/or own businesses in Erie. I'm sure if son Jeff had kept his nose clean he could have taken advantage of his dad's contacts and landed a decent job somewhere--even at some business or shop. That beats what he chose to do instead: Become a drug dealer in the Indiana, PA area after his family sent him to college there.

Very sad and unfortunate. Both of these men.
Flint Westwood

Erie, PA

#8 Oct 6, 2013
How about minding you own business? How would that be?
Unknown

Corry, PA

#9 Oct 6, 2013
I know both family's and you people are sick to talk about them without knowing them and there family's. People read the paper and think they know all of the facts in both these cases. Typical Erie....Burn them than ask questions later....ONE HORSE TOWN!
Chico

Erie, PA

#10 Oct 6, 2013
Unknown wrote:
I know both family's and you people are sick to talk about them without knowing them and there family's. People read the paper and think they know all of the facts in both these cases. Typical Erie....Burn them than ask questions later....ONE HORSE TOWN!
Lecorhick spent years on air ripping into those who have done the same thing as his own son.What goes around......You know damn well the rest.Why don't you set everyone straight and tell us "all of the facts"!
Flint Westwood

Erie, PA

#11 Oct 6, 2013
Chico wrote:
<quoted text>
Lecorhick spent years on air ripping into those who have done the same thing as his own son.What goes around......You know damn well the rest.Why don't you set everyone straight and tell us "all of the facts"!
Why do you care ? Seriously, get a life.
Chico

Erie, PA

#12 Oct 6, 2013
Flint Westwood wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you care ? Seriously, get a life.
Same reason you care that I care.Seriously,get a clue.
Withheld

UK

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Unknown wrote:
I know Kodba and his family. This thread is accurate from my line of sight.
Legs Duncan

Harrisburg, PA

#15 Oct 7, 2013
Chico wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.Especially in a backward town like this.I don't know much about Kodba but LeCorchick's kid was behind the eight ball from the get go.His old man Jimmy "what high school did you go to" LeCorchick is one of the most undisciplined individuals you'll ever know.Destrucively impulsive,a poor student in school,former alcoholic,divorced,flat broke,and concentrating on nothing but sports,this guy could only have a son destined to fail.
Not disputing your comments, but many individuals have had poor role-model fathers are risen above it. You're also forgetting that the kid has a mother as well. And from what I understand, she's a very nice lady who had a successful career in education.
Legs Duncan

Harrisburg, PA

#16 Oct 7, 2013
That should be "and" risen above it.
Chico

Erie, PA

#17 Oct 7, 2013
Legs Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not disputing your comments, but many individuals have had poor role-model fathers are risen above it. You're also forgetting that the kid has a mother as well. And from what I understand, she's a very nice lady who had a successful career in education.
Statistics show that there are many individuals who had poor role model fathers that rose above it all.That said statistics also show that many more struggle in their lives as a result of the same.We can all site those few despite all odds against them success stories but its highly doubtful anyone would advocate poor role model fathers over the alternative.Despite a mother who is a very nice lady and successful teacher Jeff LeCorchick's father,Jim "I'm good friends with Barry Grossman" LeCorchick will not be receiving any father of the year award nominations.The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as the old saying goes and poor judgments and impulsive behaviors define these two clowns perfectly.
Legs Duncan

Harrisburg, PA

#18 Oct 8, 2013
Chico wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics show that there are many individuals who had poor role model fathers that rose above it all.That said statistics also show that many more struggle in their lives as a result of the same.We can all site those few despite all odds against them success stories but its highly doubtful anyone would advocate poor role model fathers over the alternative.Despite a mother who is a very nice lady and successful teacher Jeff LeCorchick's father,Jim "I'm good friends with Barry Grossman" LeCorchick will not be receiving any father of the year award nominations.The apple doesn't fall far from the tree as the old saying goes and poor judgments and impulsive behaviors define these two clowns perfectly.
I remember when one of Barry's campaign ads featured a voice-over message of support from Jimmy. As if that was supposed to mean something to someone "on the fence" about voting for Barry. I guess the fact that Jim played against Barry in metro baseball in 1964 meant that Barry was the best person for the County Exec. job. But that's how Jim thinks,unfortunately.
Chico

Erie, PA

#19 Oct 8, 2013
Legs Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the fact that Jim played against Barry in metro baseball in 1964 meant that Barry was the best person for the County Exec. job. But that's how Jim thinks,unfortunately.
That and Barry occassionaly treating Jim to free food from his restuarants makes Grossman a god in the mind of J R Le Chick.Buy him a pepperoni pizza or a sausage sandwich and LeCorchick will be your best friend forever.
Erie computer

Stafford, VA

#20 Oct 8, 2013
When does Kodba get his sentence??
Withheld

UK

#21 Oct 8, 2013
I think he's due to be sentenced on the 24th.
Ramble on

Erie, PA

#22 Oct 12, 2013
Dick Porterhouse wrote:
"The Saddest Thing in Life is wasted talent"
This comment was repeated often by the Robert De Niro character in the famous 1990s film "A Bronx Tale"
Sad but true, in so many ways.....
Something equally unfortunate, however, occurs when an individual whose born into a family affording great opportunities decides to throw it all away by leading a life of crime.
Jeff LeCorchick and Jeff Kodba are too recent examples that immediately come to mind.
Both of these men are children of Erie media giants: LeCorchick, the son of famous radio personality Jim LeCorchick; Kodba, the son of Erie broadcasting weather legend Joey Stevens.
Honestly, how many kids in Erie are either born into a family with no father anywhere to be seen or where the father is a relative nobody with no real connections in Erie?
I cringe thinking of the opportunities both of these "Jeffs" had at their feet: opportunities for education (both), for starting a business (Kodba) or with taking advantage of the numerous "friends" and connections that each of their fathers cultivated over a lifetime in Erie. Again, these are opportunities that most kids in Erie simply don't have anymore.
Instead, Jeff LeCorchick decided to use his advantage of attending IUP to become a drug dealer in that area. Jeff Kodba, on the other hand formed an Internet computer equipment business that ended up scamming and defrauding people out of thousands of dollars.
Again, think of the opportunities that both of these men had due to their family connections.
It's truly sad. And that's what's been missed in so many of the threads involving these two. It's not just what they did; it's what they "could" have done with what they had been given.
Let me guess...lol...you went to SLS or CP? Were you put in your pathetic little place in 7th Grade? Guess what, Jeff LeCorchick STILL DOES NOT KNOW YOU EXIST. Fact.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Satin Health SPA (Apr '12) 8 min funny 175
Tomey Votes to close Export Bank 21 min Ronald Reagan 8
Ron Wilga and Judy Wheaton 1 hr Bill Hall 34
Hall to Ship 5th Graders to Middle School 3 hr Taxpayer 13
Review: Clothes Mentor (Apr '10) 4 hr TRUTH 54
Millcreek School Tax Bills 4 hr Millcreek Eddie 31
Real Question for UE506 4 hr WALLY 24
Erie's Latest Homicide 11 hr tired of being PC 30
Justin Wiley?? Sun Reality Bites 34
More from around the web