scsa

New Alexandria, PA

#2 Feb 26, 2014
Run for office then and make some changes...my gosh
Nasty

Canton, OH

#3 Feb 26, 2014
Scooter Van Nooter wrote:
Why does Erie, PA have so many unhappy and miserable people living there? All a very unhappy lot who think everyone else has it better than they do. It must be the Libtard in them. It's like if you have a fun thing going on, and a liberal walks in, you’ve just ruined the atmosphere. They bring their misery in with them. They bring their unhappiness. They bring their search for inequity, inequality, and victimhood. They’re constantly on the lookout for it. They’re constantly on the lookout for villains, and they constantly bring in all their stereotypes. They’re just a bunch of depressing people trying to dominate everybody’s lives by spreading the misery around to everybody else. Yep...that's the Erie resignation theory all rolled into one.
It's the weather. Not just this one particular harsh winter but the accumulation of many cold, gray, and wet days where inside is all anyone wants to be. When you contrast Erie people with those from warmer and sunnier climates the difference in attitude is amazing. That's not to say one won't find depressed and miserable people in Florida or Arizona for instance but the rust belt region is notorious for the negative affects it has on the surrounding population. When inside activities and long periods of waiting out the ugly seasons compounds over many years of one's lifetime you get people who become and remain stagnant, people who "hunker in" and consider eating as their main and often times only activity.
When people of similar circumstances gather together in their "wait out the misery" mode their desire for a betterment they know they can't have fuels jealousy and rage. When this frustration and anger is supported by others living under the same circumstances, people become emboldened to lash out at those who have more resources and options than they do. It's really a very interesting and predictable dynamic that afflicts so many living in a climate with so much overcast, cold, and wet conditions. Longing for what most consider optimum weather, and having very little of it has killed the spirit of so many living around the Great Lakes. Here, people spend a great deal of their time waiting for it to be some other day.
C diff

Saint Marys, OH

#4 Feb 26, 2014
erie is a pot of shit... not a bowl of cherries. It could be a bowl of cherries but the shit contaminates any cherry in the bowl.

ITS THE PEOPLE... not the climate.

The brown turds in the bowl are ruining the whole country.
TRUTH

Erie, PA

#5 Feb 26, 2014
C diff wrote:
erie is a pot of shit... not a bowl of cherries. It could be a bowl of cherries but the shit contaminates any cherry in the bowl.
ITS THE PEOPLE... not the climate.
The brown turds in the bowl are ruining the whole country.
No, it's the diseased white turds.
C diff

Saint Marys, OH

#6 Feb 26, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's the diseased white turds.
correct, but they were infected by the brown turds...
Mr Veronica

Erie, PA

#8 Feb 27, 2014
Scooter Van Nooter wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely a brilliant posting.
And you Scooter are absolutely the biggest jerk on topix.
C diff

Saint Marys, OH

#9 Feb 27, 2014
Mr Veronica wrote:
<quoted text>
And you Scooter are absolutely the biggest jerk on topix.
are you claiming to be the smalllest jerk ?
Mr Veronica

Erie, PA

#10 Feb 27, 2014
C diff wrote:
<quoted text>are you claiming to be the smalllest jerk ?
No, but I like to jerk my smallness. I do have the smallest brain on topix

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chautauqua ave crime watchers keep ur eyes open 17 min East side eddie 21
Conner McDavid's ice rink 35 min You Called That 51
Contract time June 2019 35 min Losing 12
Jay Breneman's beard 1 hr Bye bye birdie 3
Fire Trucks For Erie - Paid by Who ? 2 hr realist 40
convicted PA politician gets massive pension 4 hr Unaccountable 10
laughlin: fall down drunk in hburg 5 hr Girl crush 45
DECEMBER 11th. Tue Adjust 61

Erie Jobs

More from around the web