Jailed for Felony Poverty
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cheetos

United States

#43 Apr 1, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>and youu know full well. As Momma did, that had she followed either of those options her application would have been sent to file 13. "She can't even arrange child care for an interview, if hired, she will be calling off for child care issuues".:-)
Not necessarily, like I said be honest. On the second day of a job I arrived at day care with my daughter and the daycare was CLOSED. I took my 3 yr old with me to explain, I didn't want to be late yet I needed my job. The boss was very understanding he allowed her to spend the day. I was grateful to have that job and of course I had to scramble to find an sitter for the future.
skip the pee pee

North East, PA

#44 Apr 1, 2014
cheetos wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily, like I said be honest. On the second day of a job I arrived at day care with my daughter and the daycare was CLOSED. I took my 3 yr old with me to explain, I didn't want to be late yet I needed my job. The boss was very understanding he allowed her to spend the day. I was grateful to have that job and of course I had to scramble to find an sitter for the future.
I too think some bosses would tend to have more respect for simple honesty if in fact your position didn't exclude you from them hiring. This is nothing but speculation of course but I'd bet at least some if not many homeless people learn to hustle--which can be the opposite of honesty at times.

I have found honesty to be a worthwhile policy because no matter what happens nobody can take that away from you. But perhaps it's different when you are so desperate you'll leave 2 babies in your car for 90 minutes. If in fact that was because of desperation not something else going on with her.
Tim Leary

United States

#45 Apr 1, 2014
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
Some compassion for the kids? I only say that because while I've heard much of it for the mother--and I admit I don't go back to see if opinions were implanted between others I read as topix does sometimes--I've heard none from you regarding the kids here. Though I wouldn't be surprised if you said it here but I just didn't see it. Did you?
Momma did he damndest to do what she was taught was the right thing - go out and get a job to hold her family together, to keep her babies under the worst possible circumstances. A woman who would go to such lengths obviously loved her kids. I see no one else weighing in here against her. It takes a lot of balls to devote so much energy to throwing stones at a homeless mother.
Tim Leary

United States

#46 Apr 1, 2014
cheetos wrote:
<quoted text>
you already had the job.do yoju think you would have landed same job if you showed up at the interview the same way?
yoo hoo

Sharon, PA

#47 Apr 1, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>you already had the job.do yoju think you would have landed same job if you showed up at the interview the same way?
What the heck do you know about holding down a job? You're full of excuses.
Tim Leary

United States

#48 Apr 1, 2014
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
I too think some bosses would tend to have more respect for simple honesty if in fact your position didn't exclude you from them hiring. This is nothing but speculation of course but I'd bet at least some if not many homeless people learn to hustle--which can be the opposite of honesty at times.
I have found honesty to be a worthwhile policy because no matter what happens nobody can take that away from you. But perhaps it's different when you are so desperate you'll leave 2 babies in your car for 90 minutes. If in fact that was because of desperation not something else going on with her.
speaking of honesty... earlier you referred to two black children torn from their mothers arms as "coconuts". Wtf is wrong with you?
Mel

Erie, PA

#49 Apr 1, 2014
Hope she doesn't get the job or the kids will b locked in that car go a lot longer, did she burn all her bridges. I mean was there nobody to help. I would always b there for my child and grandson
TimLeary

United States

#50 Apr 2, 2014
Just read the UN human rights council has passed a resolution condemning the US for "cruel and inhuman treatment of the poor". This was in reaction to a 56 yo homeless mentally ill vet being baked to death in a cell at rikers island NY after being arrested for vagrancy.

If. This were another tiime, some power would have liberated us by now.
skip the pee pee

United States

#51 Apr 2, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>speaking of honesty... earlier you referred to two black children torn from their mothers arms as "coconuts". Wtf is wrong with you?
I like Ghetto-mart. That's actually my Wal-Mart of choice. I see a lot of little black dudes there, maybe 7-10. A lot of them have close cropped buzz cuts and to me their heads look like coconuts. That's not a slur it's an observation and it always makes me smile. It makes them look cute IMO.

But I'm sure if I called kids little wiener schnitzels someone could also claim I was a Nazi sympathizer who wants to gas Jews. One of the great injustices in life is when we think we can infer someone's intentions, then we attack them for what we infer.

Bottom line is I don't question that woman's intentions. I abhor her behavior. Intending to feed your kids is not the same as actually feeding them. And mystic compassion makes for a sad bowl of breakfast for kids.
skip the pee pee

United States

#52 Apr 2, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>Momma did he damndest to do what she was taught was the right thing - go out and get a job to hold her family together, to keep her babies under the worst possible circumstances. A woman who would go to such lengths obviously loved her kids. I see no one else weighing in here against her. It takes a lot of balls to devote so much energy to throwing stones at a homeless mother.
Keep your kids under the worst possible circumstances? As in no matter what the adult suffers the kids must suffer too? What to build character? To prove how much mommy loves you, the test being "look how much mommy lets you suffer--that's how much mommy loves you". IMO that's retarded.

Haha. I wrote that last sentence before I even thought about it. Once I did I LOL'd at how now people can infer something else sinister about me. I welcome that. Hope it makes their day.

Meanwhile the best indicator of future behavior has been said to be past behavior and unfortunately often, people don't change much. But I truly hope this woman changes her child raising priorities. I say that because I care about it being better for them, not her.(And I can think that and wish good for those kids whether I call them coconuts or not.)
skip the pee pee

United States

#53 Apr 2, 2014
TimLeary wrote:
Just read the UN human rights council has passed a resolution condemning the US for "cruel and inhuman treatment of the poor". This was in reaction to a 56 yo homeless mentally ill vet being baked to death in a cell at rikers island NY after being arrested for vagrancy.
If. This were another tiime, some power would have liberated us by now.
Honest. If you know of 1 homeless person, someone severely down on their luck--or even you--that wants to leave this country for another because they think this country is worse than how they'd get treated in another, I'll buy them a one way ticket to any country they can and want to get into.

I'm not afraid to put my money where my mouth is. So if you find one, hook it up for me to meet him or her and all I will ask is that they periodically contact me to let me know how it's going. We can test your complaint and my point that I bet they don't change much.
Mel

Erie, PA

#54 Apr 2, 2014
If you cannot provide for your children, then you should it have them. The thought of a child having to sleep in a car is heartbreaking!
Tim Leary

United States

#55 Apr 2, 2014
First they send our jobs overseas, then they tell us we are too ppoor to keep our kids. I think I'm going to vomit.
Tim Leary

United States

#56 Apr 2, 2014
In Albuquerque NM, recently the police chaed and shot an unarmed homeless man who was camping. The entire incident was caught on one of the cops helmet cameras. After the man was shot as he lay dying they let a police dog maul him.
The barricades are still up in the streets with battle raging between police and huge crowd of protesters. Anonymous has shut down the PD's website and released the cops personal info to the public. Sometimes people fight back - the best cure for bullying thugs.
Barack Hussein Obama

Erie, PA

#57 Apr 2, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
First they send our jobs overseas, then they tell us we are too ppoor to keep our kids. I think I'm going to vomit.
I ain't be done with ya'll yet Skippy.
skip the pee pee

North East, PA

#58 Apr 8, 2014
Read more on this POS woman today. Seems $91,000 has been raised so far for this poor abused woman.

Meanwhile I learned it was 100 degrees in the car, the baby had on a long sleeved shirt, a short sleeved shirt and a blanket. The 3 year old also had on a long sleeved shirt with the windows cracked about 1 inch. And reportedly the kids were screaming when someone finally came.

A question for her supporters. As this Autism Awareness Month would you feel any different if the 3 year old had Autism or some other disability? Or is it all about the poor abused woman, kids be damned no matter the circumstances?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A no good snitch 30 min City 5
Will Sonney, Harkins, Bizzarro and Wentling scr... 3 hr George Jefferson 5
Lesley Ridge: One of Erie's "Outstanding Women"? 5 hr Tomas 9
What happened to the Kanzius project??? 5 hr Tomas 26
Figaski - Carlotti dispute (Sep '11) 6 hr truth 18
G.E . Is cutting 2 billion.How will it affect E... 6 hr ladbrokes 11
Bad call by brookside Fire department. 7 hr Rankine ave 47
G.E. will be ending production in June 2017" p... 8 hr Garret 193
C Frey Facebook thread cant open 14 hr Kinkyboots 85

Erie Jobs