Free YMCA membership to welfare members

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Vickie

Erie, PA

#1 Apr 8, 2013
I would like to just thank all my fellow Erie friends for going to work and paying your taxes. My new Y membership is really getting me in to shape.
Edward

Erie, PA

#2 Apr 8, 2013
The Glenwood Y has become a world class sh!thole. The lockerrooms are filthy. The kids are out of control. My 25 plus years sadly came to an end because of this.
Uncle Tom

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Apr 8, 2013
Bushes fault
Yahoo

Erie, PA

#4 Apr 8, 2013
Did you get the robocall the other day? They now have the same rules that most of the other YMCAs across the nation already have regarding daily passes and unaccompanied children.
the y

Stow, OH

#5 Apr 8, 2013
Edward wrote:
The Glenwood Y has become a world class sh!thole. The lockerrooms are filthy. The kids are out of control. My 25 plus years sadly came to an end because of this.
We are an association of christians. Part of our mission is to care for the poor. Maybe a for-profit facility is more suited to you.
Jim

Erie, PA

#6 Apr 8, 2013
its one thing to be poor, it is another to be a ignorant piece of shit.
a christian

Stow, OH

#7 Apr 8, 2013
Jim wrote:
its one thing to be poor, it is another to be a ignorant piece of shit.
Which category best fits you?
A muslim

Erie, PA

#8 Apr 8, 2013
the y wrote:
<quoted text>We are an association of christians. Part of our mission is to care for the poor. Maybe a for-profit facility is more suited to you.
As with most of American society we Muslims are slowly taking control. The Y Christian Association is no exception. We will continue to turn it in to a 3rd world sh!thole. As our President Barack Hussein Obamma brings down America, we will to the Christian organizations
flint west wood

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2013
When I was teenager I & a group of my friends & fellow students used the downtown Y evenings at least two times a week to run the Track, work out in the weight room play Basket ball & the real killer handball. It was a great place to go & was not a shit hole ....management then must have took their job seriously. The clientele was mixed from teenagers thru to & including adults. A mixed ethic group did not bother anybody .....we all got along & had a great time.
If the Y at the Zoo is as bad as you people post it to be & the management uses the excuse for it being a shithole "perhaps a facility for profit is more to your liking".......They are right & I will go somewhere else. There is no excuse for a sloven & filthy facility. Being poor is not an excuse to expect people to accept this & being Christian does not mean one must be filthy ethically & in body while extolling cleanliness spiritually.
natasha

Stow, OH

#11 Apr 9, 2013
flint west wood wrote:
When I was teenager I & a group of my friends & fellow students used the downtown Y evenings at least two times a week to run the Track, work out in the weight room play Basket ball & the real killer handball. It was a great place to go & was not a shit hole ....management then must have took their job seriously. The clientele was mixed from teenagers thru to & including adults. A mixed ethic group did not bother anybody .....we all got along & had a great time.
If the Y at the Zoo is as bad as you people post it to be & the management uses the excuse for it being a shithole "perhaps a facility for profit is more to your liking".......They are right & I will go somewhere else. There is no excuse for a sloven & filthy facility. Being poor is not an excuse to expect people to accept this & being Christian does not mean one must be filthy ethically & in body while extolling cleanliness spiritually.
Another bitter old white guy. Get together with crank and have mr. peobody set the way back machine to 1955 for you.
bizzaro world

Erie, PA

#12 Apr 9, 2013
natasha wrote:
<quoted text>Another bitter old white guy. Get together with crank and have mr. peobody set the way back machine to 1955 for you.
Kinda like the bitter young black guys running loose at the Y. So 1990's
Not Fer Dis Cracker

United States

#13 Apr 9, 2013
We did not re-new our membership 2 years ago because of this. I was paying almost $1100/ year for our family of 3. Now every jig on the east side gets in for free while I was paying full price plus being solicited to donate money to these bottom feeders. No thanks. At least a "for profit" facility is clean and you don't need to worry about the savages ripping off your locker while you are swimming. Just wait until the rest of the paying membership sees this and hits the road. The YMCA will be looking for a bailout next. Good riddance to what was once a nice, fun, safe, and clean place to go and swim.
Lol

Erie, PA

#14 Apr 9, 2013
They have not made it out to the eastside Y in Harborcreek yet. Its still being run pretty well. You know the sad part is the programs such as indoor soccer. These free customers are signing their kids up then never bringing them. which is unfair to the kids whose parents did pay. Why you might ask. Because now instead of a team of 12, only 5 or 6 are showing up. So now these kids have no subs and have to compete against other teams that may have the full 12 roster show up. O and the best is when im trying to coach my team for practise, I have to spend half my time yelling at all these kids running around unsupervised I might add to go somelace else because we have that side of the gym reserved for a 30 min time block, I go and complain and the staff really cant handle the kids. The worst are those frickin Iraq's dnt speak a bit of english and they stink to.
the y

Stow, OH

#15 Apr 9, 2013
Lol wrote:
They have not made it out to the eastside Y in Harborcreek yet. Its still being run pretty well. You know the sad part is the programs such as indoor soccer. These free customers are signing their kids up then never bringing them. which is unfair to the kids whose parents did pay. Why you might ask. Because now instead of a team of 12, only 5 or 6 are showing up. So now these kids have no subs and have to compete against other teams that may have the full 12 roster show up. O and the best is when im trying to coach my team for practise, I have to spend half my time yelling at all these kids running around unsupervised I might add to go somelace else because we have that side of the gym reserved for a 30 min time block, I go and complain and the staff really cant handle the kids. The worst are those frickin Iraq's dnt speak a bit of english and they stink to.
If you don't have it in your heart to treat all of the people of the world as equals perhaps you should find a facility that is more appropriate for bigots.
Food Stamp Express

United States

#16 Apr 9, 2013
the y wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't have it in your heart to treat all of the people of the world as equals perhaps you should find a facility that is more appropriate for bigots.
Yeah, you're right. Let's let the animals run the zoo. Free memberships are creating a decay at the YMCA. The sooner this problem is corrected the easier it will be to right the ship!!!! How can you expect someone to pay $1100/year while you let the food stamp camp walk in the door for free? It takes some gumption to solicit money for these people from your paying customers. What a business model!! I feel bad for the people that are paying. Go to a for profit gym to get away from this free daycare center!
the y

Stow, OH

#17 Apr 9, 2013
Food Stamp Express wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you're right. Let's let the animals run the zoo. Free memberships are creating a decay at the YMCA. The sooner this problem is corrected the easier it will be to right the ship!!!! How can you expect someone to pay $1100/year while you let the food stamp camp walk in the door for free? It takes some gumption to solicit money for these people from your paying customers. What a business model!! I feel bad for the people that are paying. Go to a for profit gym to get away from this free daycare center!
Keep your money. It is obviously very important to you. There is no sense in you belonging to an organization that believes in real christian charity. Just remember that jesus said it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than it will be for a rich man to enter heaven.
Food Stamp Express

United States

#18 Apr 9, 2013
Never said I was rich. I just don't see how you can whack someone $1100 for my kid to take swim lessons while 2/3 of class is there free. Then on top I am solicited to fund this stuff. No way. And keep the camel jokes to the weight room. Cheers!!
rich guvno

United States

#20 Apr 9, 2013
it's healthier to swim in a backyard puddle than to swim in a piss filled pool,you filthy locker room stench y person.can't afford a good janitor ?
the y

Stow, OH

#21 Apr 9, 2013
Food Stamp Express wrote:
Never said I was rich. I just don't see how you can whack someone $1100 for my kid to take swim lessons while 2/3 of class is there free. Then on top I am solicited to fund this stuff. No way. And keep the camel jokes to the weight room. Cheers!!
We are not too fond of your kid. It appears he has a sense of entitlement. For some reason he thinks he is special because he is white. His bigotry is recognizable even at this early age. It can only come from poor parenting because children are not haters when they emerge from the womb. Hate is learned behavior. If you don't agree with our mission statement then you don't have to belong to the y. There are plenty of other folks who will give happily to help make the world a better place. We will say a prayer for your redemption
cheetos

United States

#23 Apr 9, 2013
the y wrote:
<quoted text>We are not too fond of your kid. It appears he has a sense of entitlement. For some reason he thinks he is special because he is white. His bigotry is recognizable even at this early age. It can only come from poor parenting because children are not haters when they emerge from the womb. Hate is learned behavior. If you don't agree with our mission statement then you don't have to belong to the y. There are plenty of other folks who will give happily to help make the world a better place. We will say a prayer for your redemption
Therefore why not make if free for all kids 16 and under? Your kid is no better than my kid, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
enforcers mc ? (Jun '12) 1 hr no clue 174
I'm dippin Fresh Cope Tonight! 1 hr Tally 5
Trump signs 1 hr Marla Maples 67
Prostitution in Love Farm (Aug '15) 1 hr Thick 84
George Bush Sr. VOTING FOR HILLARY!!! 2 hr tired of being PC 25
I just woke up and put a fresh can of cope in 3 hr the real pro grade 1
Erie County Legislature perks, Wiley, Bizzarro,... 3 hr Hillary 7
GE set to announce closing (Mar '16) 6 hr Steward D 425
Karla Sisinni Thu Shrilsbfi 21

Erie Jobs