7 Erie employees face charges in thef...

7 Erie employees face charges in theft probe

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
union scum

Erie, PA

#1 May 28, 2013
Seven city of Erie public works employees face criminal charges and the loss of their jobs in a theft investigation involving the contracted parts supplier at the city garage.

Erie Mayor Joe Sinnott and Police Chief Steve Franklin announced the investigation this afternoon and said the seven employees, some of whom are supervisors, are in custody and the criminal charges are pending.

They did not identify the employees, and said they would not do so until charges were filed against them.

The seven city employees, and one employee of parts contractor NAPA, are accused of stealing parts from NAPA, which operates out of the city garage and supplies parts for city-owned vehicles, according to Sinnott. The investigation was launched on Friday, after NAPA auditors found some discrepancies in the company's records, he said.

The matter was quickly turned over to Erie police, and detectives worked through the holiday weekend, Sinnott and Franklin said.

Sinnott said the city would be looking to dismiss the employees, if charged, as the investigation continues.

Return to GoErie.com for updates. See Wednesday's Erie Times-News for more coverage.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20130528/NEWS02...
townie

Struthers, OH

#2 May 28, 2013
These guys had better hope that they're Italian. If not they're screwed.
Yuppers

Erie, PA

#3 May 28, 2013
Funny most of accused were also under investigation in the operation pill rush raid back in 2011. Why they were not charged back then because the city would have looked like fools. For most of there people were either on or selling drugs. Guess they couldnt let this one go because NAPA found the odd records and not a so-called city worker. O if I could name name's....
townie

Struthers, OH

#4 May 28, 2013
Yuppers wrote:
Funny most of accused were also under investigation in the operation pill rush raid back in 2011. Why they were not charged back then because the city would have looked like fools. For most of there people were either on or selling drugs. Guess they couldnt let this one go because NAPA found the odd records and not a so-called city worker. O if I could name name's....
OH BUT YOU CAN! YOU CAN NAME NAMES! PLEASE?
Only In Erie

Coraopolis, PA

#5 May 28, 2013
Yuppers wrote:
THE ONLY reason this is going forward is beacuase of NAPA. If not, this would have been swept under rug like all the other crap that goes on down there.
I bet you anything that NAPA "loses" contract very soon and the parts operation goes back into the garage and the thefts just keep on rolling.

Do you have any idea how much gasonline is stolen by city workers each week? They fill up every car they have and take cans home. Fact.
Or really how much tim eis stolen each week by city union workers? They simply do very littl rwork for their paycheck. It should be fraud if yo uinvestigate dproperly but record keeping so sloppy you can't trace it. That's why there is no computerized payroll system at the city, the mayor doesn't want it nor do the unions.
XXXXX

Meadville, PA

#6 May 28, 2013
What about looking into someone from the mayor's office possibly stealing pastries and donuts?
City work

Canton, OH

#7 May 28, 2013
Only In Erie wrote:
<quoted text>
THE ONLY reason this is going forward is beacuase of NAPA. If not, this would have been swept under rug like all the other crap that goes on down there.
I bet you anything that NAPA "loses" contract very soon and the parts operation goes back into the garage and the thefts just keep on rolling.
Do you have any idea how much gasonline is stolen by city workers each week? They fill up every car they have and take cans home. Fact.
Or really how much tim eis stolen each week by city union workers? They simply do very littl rwork for their paycheck. It should be fraud if yo uinvestigate dproperly but record keeping so sloppy you can't trace it. That's why there is no computerized payroll system at the city, the mayor doesn't want it nor do the unions.
[email protected]

I work at the city garage and no one is stealing gas. Not only is there a 24/7 camera on you, you must punch in and identify the vehicle before the pumps turn on. Get your facts straight before you spew your union hating lies bubba
townie

Struthers, OH

#8 May 28, 2013
Do the garbage men still work 5 hr. days and go home at 4:00?
Oscar Wilde

Corry, PA

#9 May 28, 2013
Only In Erie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your grammar and spelling are impeccable! Did you go to College? Stunning!
Road warrior

Dalton, GA

#10 May 28, 2013
Typical Erie crooks...they work for the city...lots of crooks there.
CRANK

Washington, DC

#11 May 28, 2013
And now for the union. Will these people be defended at all costs by the union, just as the bus driver was?
Doh

Canton, OH

#12 May 28, 2013
CRANK wrote:
And now for the union. Will these people be defended at all costs by the union, just as the bus driver was?
Charges are filed. I guess you have already tried and convicted them fuktard.

I believe just about every union contract has language regarding discipline do they not?

The bus driver you are referring to was not terminated because MANAGEMENT did not follow the CONTRACT.
testes

Erie, PA

#13 May 28, 2013
townie wrote:
John Farrell, 59, Charles Tuzynski, 50, Dominic Ferrante, 47, Mark Merski, 31, Robert McClelland, 36, Christopher Chaplin, 40, Christopher Fuhrman, 51 and Napa employee Ryan Folga, 31, were charged in connection to the theft.
XXXXX

Meadville, PA

#14 May 29, 2013
Only In Erie wrote:
<quoted text>
School District employees have been doing the same for years, it's an Erie thing.
erie observer

United States

#15 May 29, 2013
The Erie City Discount Auto Parts Sales Office is closed until further notice.
Just Wondering

Canton, OH

#16 May 29, 2013
townie wrote:
Any link to the sudden and recent retirement announcement of Streets Supervisor Petey Petrianni ? " I just walked in one day and decided it was time to retire. " Hmmmmm.
Ed Plank

Erie, PA

#17 May 29, 2013
townie wrote:
Do the garbage men still work 5 hr. days and go home at 4:00?
Wow! For someone who makes 3X their wages you sure sound bitter and jealous.
Are You Serious

Erie, PA

#18 May 29, 2013
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Any link to the sudden and recent retirement announcement of Streets Supervisor Petey Petrianni ? " I just walked in one day and decided it was time to retire. " Hmmmmm.
OF COURSE these two events are related. Way too convenient in timing. Hopefully justice will be served to all.
Where were city accountants,the ones who pay the bills, the controllers office, The Mayor and his new ass-istant on this while it was happening?
Why didn't co-workers who KNEW this was happening turn them in? What is wrong with society today? Turn the other cheek?
Why did NAPA have to catch it?
Don't we the taxpayers have people watching out for our interests?
And obviously, we need to go back and audit YEARS worth of records because there is NO WAY this just started and was an isolated incident. Where is Kaz on this? His job is to watch the bills and do audits NOT sit on taxpayer Hotline and say nothing important. He has TWO people in his office whose job's are to look at bills and do audits.
This story needs MUCH more investigation.
Dimwit

Erie, PA

#19 May 29, 2013
Those guys all worked at the prison before too.
Deja vu

Penfield, PA

#20 May 29, 2013
Wow. Sounds like the prison all over again. So whose in charge that's getting fired now? Or will it be a pick n choose and throw one poor bastard under the bus to save the ones who really should be disciplined or fired? And of course other employees knew. Just like the prison. All the guards who knew they weren't passing the firearms tests but stayed silent. Any of them disciplined? Nope. This will be in the news for a bit, they will pick some unlucky management position to choose to be held accountable and then it will all be over and the residents of erie will just take it in the ass like the last time. Of course the only time things like this even come out is when there's another entity involved. If the husband and wife team at the jail would've willingly quit, none of that would've come out either. I think there's a pretty strong pattern here. And it starts with the top. Come on people!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Healthcare FAIL 6 min 0hSAyiTIsNtso 6
Trumps Russia Problem is Far from Marginal - Ne... 9 min tim leary 5
Trump is done! 23 min Coke Can 16
Will I go to Hell 41 min CONgressman killy 2
http://sharingduty.com/?cash=4304 50 min Fksksnnd 1
How does Trump leave 50 min CONgressman killy 3
What Trump wants to accomplish 59 min CONgressman killy 15
G.E. will be ending production in June 2017" p... 1 hr Bldg 6 189
C Frey Facebook thread cant open 1 hr huber 74
Collegiate Academy must be protected. 6 hr Erie Dem Committe... 38