Who is the worst Boss or employer is...
point of it all

Waterford, PA

#122 Aug 12, 2010
tron wrote:
<quoted text>
I still work at Telatron and really like...I started on the phones taking BOA and GE customer service calls, went into the management trainee program and now am a supervisor making pretty good money.
Most of all the people I work with have been here for years so not quite sure you are correct about the turnover deal.
Telemarketing and job today,gone tomorrow have high high turnover rates. Maybe due to the fact your not at the bottom may have saved you from being part of the statistics.
Plastik Fantastik

Erie, PA

#123 Aug 12, 2010
mrcomment wrote:
<quoted text> did u work in deco assembly?
worked in CPD. Air conditioned!!!:) After about a year I had some of the fastest hands in Erie. I was barely out of my 20s and bitched a lot, but I never had trouble finding work in plastics after that, which turned out to save my butt more than once. So, hats off to Joe and my ex supervisor there who I hated then but now being older have a better understanding.:)
Plastik Fantastik

Erie, PA

#124 Aug 12, 2010
Lady Godiva wrote:
The worst boss I ever had is DEAN at Eat'n Park of upper peach street...he hates women...has absolutely no respect for them.
I have a friend who works there...she agrees with you wholeheartedly. As in trying to push people so hard they quit so he can start someone new at the bottom of the wage scale to make himself look better to his bosses.
too much topic

Ashtabula, OH

#125 Aug 12, 2010
Dale Roth for sure. What a piece of work he is. No class whatsoever.
northsida

Cleveland, OH

#126 Aug 12, 2010
too much topic wrote:
Dale Roth for sure. What a piece of work he is. No class whatsoever.
was there a lot of turnover there? thought it was about 10 people
Son of working mom

Edinboro, PA

#127 Aug 12, 2010
Management strategy is to get one worker to do the work of two. Money saved by the restaurant in food, labor and other costs shows up as bonus money for management. Dean is a prick. My mother comes home crying sometimes because of that ass hole. My brothers and I want to go teach him how to treat her some day.
Lady Godiva wrote:
The worst boss I ever had is DEAN at Eat'n Park of upper peach street...he hates women...has absolutely no respect for them.
tron

South Dayton, NY

#128 Aug 13, 2010
point of it all wrote:
<quoted text>
Telemarketing and job today,gone tomorrow have high high turnover rates. Maybe due to the fact your not at the bottom may have saved you from being part of the statistics.
As a whole I would agree. Telatron is way over the norm when it comes to turnover though. The average supervisor has been there 6 years and the longest is over 20.

Just dont like when some lazy person who does not want to work rips on en employer that employs over 500 people and has been an erie business for 25 years.
the truth

Erie, PA

#129 Aug 13, 2010
northsida wrote:
<quoted text>
There is but that doesn't include the politicians, district judges, county council members, Superintendents, etc. that he has on the payroll!!!
Don't you wonder how he got on the airport authority board? or the water authority board. He doesn't even live here more than 6 months a year!
too much topic

Erie, PA

#130 Aug 13, 2010
northsida wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about turn over there but I had dealings with Dale Roth. Classes piece of work like the other person posted. I heard thru the grapevine he retired but the newspaper had an article that he bought the old waterfall restaurant in harborcreek...plans on turning it into office space. Pitty the people that work for him.
plastics shop

Erie, PA

#131 Aug 13, 2010
I'd like to nominate bob (oem erie) for running that place into the ground...cheers bob for doing a damn good job.
Hated Tron

Erie, PA

#132 Aug 13, 2010
tron wrote:
<quoted text>
As a whole I would agree. Telatron is way over the norm when it comes to turnover though. The average supervisor has been there 6 years and the longest is over 20.
Just dont like when some lazy person who does not want to work rips on en employer that employs over 500 people and has been an erie business for 25 years.
I have nothing but sympathy for the employees that can’t find more profitable jobs in Erie and have to settle for working for “The Tron”! I agree it does employee a great deal of people but with a cult like hand over their work atmosphere….which I assume is why you don’t/can’t see their flaws. Really, what employer would think it’s a good idea to tell the female manager that they have to “wear their skirts when company comes”? In a bigger city with more employment options they would have been sued.
Speaking of…isn’t the owner not even allowed on the property? Wasn’t he charges with fraud and that’s why?
leftside

Stow, OH

#133 Aug 13, 2010
too much topic wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about turn over there but I had dealings with Dale Roth. Classes piece of work like the other person posted. I heard thru the grapevine he retired but the newspaper had an article that he bought the old waterfall restaurant in harborcreek...plans on turning it into office space. Pitty the people that work for him.
what architect should I hire?
too much topic

Erie, PA

#134 Aug 13, 2010
WMF
leftside

Stow, OH

#135 Aug 13, 2010
too much topic wrote:
WMF
might be too expensive.

no others?
tron

South Dayton, NY

#136 Aug 13, 2010
Hated Tron wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing but sympathy for the employees that can’t find more profitable jobs in Erie and have to settle for working for “The Tron”! I agree it does employee a great deal of people but with a cult like hand over their work atmosphere….which I assume is why you don’t/can’t see their flaws. Really, what employer would think it’s a good idea to tell the female manager that they have to “wear their skirts when company comes”? In a bigger city with more employment options they would have been sued.
Speaking of…isn’t the owner not even allowed on the property? Wasn’t he charges with fraud and that’s why?
The female managers have two uniforms that they are provided by the company. One is a pant suit and one entails a dress when clients come in. I know its shocking a company has a dress code...

As for the owner he just brought my department in donuts this morning so keep spreading rumors.
Anonymous

Erie, PA

#137 Aug 13, 2010
cavatto was a great boss, i might be alittle biased though since while i worked there i was boinkin his daughter... now thats good company benefits
Bob Oppenheimer

Pasadena, MD

#138 Aug 13, 2010
DownWithOPP wrote:
cavatto was a great boss, i might be alittle biased though since while i worked there i was boinkin his daughter... now thats good company benefits
he doesn't have a daughter... the jokes on you
Anonymous

Beachwood, OH

#139 Aug 13, 2010
there are two of them sir, the other one is real beat looking
Bob Oppenheimer

Pasadena, MD

#140 Aug 14, 2010
DownWithOPP wrote:
there are two of them sir, the other one is real beat looking
are you M or F ??
plastik fantastik

Erie, PA

#141 Aug 14, 2010
Son of working mom wrote:
Management strategy is to get one worker to do the work of two. Money saved by the restaurant in food, labor and other costs shows up as bonus money for management. Dean is a prick. My mother comes home crying sometimes because of that ass hole. My brothers and I want to go teach him how to treat her some day.
<quoted text>
Can't blame you a bit. I was there one day and people were complaining because everything wasn't perfect, when the poor staff were busting their butts trying to make up for being short on people. And you just know the people bitching were the no or low tippers! Wonder if this Dean guy had some of his friends drop in just so he could have an excuse to be more of a prick?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GE Erie Reaches agreement with UE 506 15 min this thursday 3
GE makes my rectal spasms 17 min Operating room 2 2
Shh!!!!! The big walk out is coming at GE Tran... 21 min Bill 49
Dead body wrapped in plastic 57 min Coon Hunter 32
attn UE 506 1 hr Welder Joe 31
GE Proposal 1 hr Obama 9
Erie National news headline's for all the wrong... 1 hr Kliner 23

Erie Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance