The democratic nominee for U.S. Senat...

The democratic nominee for U.S. Senate is...

Created by Chief Editor on Apr 20, 2010

80 votes

Click on an option to vote

Joe Sestak

Arlen Spector

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Chief Editor

Erie, PA

#1 Apr 20, 2010
Posted: April 19th, 2010
Sestak to open Erie campaign office
Congressman Joe Sestak is opening an Erie campaign office this week as he makes a final month push in his campaign for the Democratic nomination against U.S. Sen. Arlen Specter.

Sestak’s office, opening Thursday at 9 a.m., will be at 3409 State St.

The office will be open weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and weekends from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Sestak open five other offices across the state Sunday. He already had three operating: one each in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and his home county of Delaware.

The primary in the U.S. Senate race is May 18.

– John Guerriero
mary p-

Ellwood City, PA

#2 Apr 20, 2010
Specter's toast....old, dry, toast as a matter of fact....
Chief Editor

Erie, PA

#4 Apr 20, 2010
mary p- wrote:
Specter's toast....old, dry, toast as a matter of fact....
I hope so. Sestak is right guy for the job.
Mary Elizabeth Styn

Erie, PA

#5 Apr 20, 2010
My money is on, Arlen Specter. A man of integrity and honesty. And Mr. Editor, you misspelled his name. It is Specter not Spector. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
angelstar701

United States

#6 Apr 20, 2010
Mary Elizabeth Styn wrote:
My money is on, Arlen Specter. A man of integrity and honesty. And Mr. Editor, you misspelled his name. It is Specter not Spector. I'm sure it wasn't intentional.
What happens to his employees when he loses his job in November?
anon

United States

#7 Apr 20, 2010
More like Spectre, especially after the election.
Mary Elizabeth Styn

Erie, PA

#8 Apr 20, 2010
angelstar701 wrote:
<quoted text>
What happens to his employees when he loses his job in November?
I'm sure he will not lose and they will be able to spend their days doing what they do best.
cRaZy

Waterloo, Canada

#9 Apr 20, 2010
<quoted text>
I'm sure he will not lose and they will be able to spend their days doing what they do best.
Job security right Mary? I'd be plugging Arlen if he were my boss too. But he's not and the other guy is better for our state/country, so I gotta go with the other guy.
Chief Editor

Erie, PA

#10 Apr 21, 2010
It's a shame Specter is being so negative, especially so early on in the firt real series of campaign ads.

Nervous?
Mary Elizabeth Styn

Erie, PA

#11 Apr 21, 2010
Chief Editor wrote:
It's a shame Specter is being so negative, especially so early on in the firt real series of campaign ads.
Nervous?
I fail to see why I should be nervous.
Mary Elizabeth Styn

Erie, PA

#12 Apr 21, 2010
cRaZy wrote:
<quoted text>
Job security right Mary? I'd be plugging Arlen if he were my boss too. But he's not and the other guy is better for our state/country, so I gotta go with the other guy.
I'm sure I don't know to what you refer when you say job security. What is crazy is to vote for an unknown commodity out of anger. Isn't that what the other side says? Arlen Specter is a lifelong public servant who embraces people from all walks of life and has served his native Pennsylvania admirably. His work with the minority and disenfranchised is legion and Pennsylvania would do well to re-elect a man with such an illustrious history.
Bye bye Snarlin Arlen

Warwick, RI

#13 Apr 21, 2010
<quoted text>
I'm sure I don't know to what you refer when you say job security. What is crazy is to vote for an unknown commodity out of anger. Isn't that what the other side says? Arlen Specter is a lifelong public servant who embraces people from all walks of life and has served his native Pennsylvania admirably. His work with the minority and disenfranchised is legion and Pennsylvania would do well to re-elect a man with such an illustrious history.
As I said on a previous thread, Arlen is just too damn old and not in the best of health--ever a supporter like you can see that. Why would any democrat in their right mind support him, not to mention the man jumped ship when he realized he was going to fall short on the number of votes it would take to secure the republican nomination. For me, it's a no-brainer. For you, well, maybe after the primary you'll see the light.

Here's something I'm sure not too many people are aware of: the democratic party originally asked Sestak to run against Specter. As soon as Sestak committed, Arlen switched his party and democrats (Obama) pledged to throw their support to him.

Either way, I hope it's one of the two democratic candidates, NOT Toomey.
Chief Editor

Waterloo, Canada

#14 Apr 21, 2010
<quoted text>
I fail to see why I should be nervous.
You shouldn't be, unless you truly do work for him. I was simply implying that Specter is being so negative from the get go because he is nervous. What you FAILED to do was get the point of the message, Mary.
Jim

Hermitage, PA

#15 Apr 21, 2010
Spectre=dead man walking. He has never had integrity dating back to the Warren Commission single bullet theory bullshit.

You underestimate just how much everyone in Pennsylvania HATES your boss.
Jim

Hermitage, PA

#16 Apr 21, 2010
<quoted text>
Like making sure spouse's clients get defense contracts?
mary p-

Ellwood City, PA

#17 Apr 22, 2010
This makes a real case for term limits.....
Stu Pedaso

Ravenna, OH

#18 Apr 22, 2010
Arlen is no better than Lieberman. Both, like Oppenhiemer, are back-stabbing hooknosers with a first allegiance to a foreign government..
cRaZy

Erie, PA

#19 Apr 22, 2010
<quoted text>
Mary Mary, I'm sure you do:

SEN. ARLEN SPECTER (D-PA-S1)

Staff Member

Legislative Assistant Mr. Kenneth Altman
District Staff Assistant Ms. Corene Ashley
Executive Director/State Appropriations Director Ms. Adrienne Baker
Legislative Assistant Ms. Devon Barnhart
Constituent Services Coordinator Mr. Bill Bayer
District Staff Assistant Ms. Mary Jo Bierman
Caseworker Mr. Zach Border
Legislative Director Mr. Chris Bradish
Military Fellow Mr. Lance Burnett
Executive Director Mr. Stan Caldwell
Executive Assistant Mr. David DeBruyn
Staff Assistant Mr. Sam Eckman
Constituent Services Representative Ms. Elizabeth Fishback
Executive Director Ms. Melissa Frey
Special Advisor Mr. John Gillespie
Executive Assistant Ms. Patricia Haag
Legislative Assistant Mr. Alex Halper
Chief of Staff Mr. Scott Hoeflich
Press Secretary Ms. Kate Kelly
District Staff Assistant Ms. Sara McGovern
Legislative Assistant Mr. John Myers
Caseworker Ms. Caitlyn O'Connor
District Executive Director Mr. Michael Oscar
Scheduler Ms. Maria Plakoudas
Community Affairs Coordinator Mr. Adam Pope
Deputy State Director Mr. Justin Porembo
Caseworker Mr. Verne Rider
District Staff Assistant Ms. Yasmine Schaffie
Office Manager Ms. Kate Schram
District Staff Assistant Mr. Mitchell Schwenz
District Staff Assistant Mr. Joseph Sciarra
Special Assistant Ms. Susan Segal
District Staff Assistant Mr. Christopher Sheperis
Special Projects Coordinator Ms. Vicki Siegel Herson
District Staff Assistant Ms. Seema Singh
Executive Director Ms. Mary Styn +++LOOK MARY, HERE YOU ARE
Legislative Aide Mr. Adam Tarr
Floor Monitor Mr. Pat Velliky
Legislative Assistant Mr. Will Wagner
Executive Director Mr. Andrew Wallace
Legislative Assistant Mr. James Warner
Staff Assistant/Mailroom Coordinator Ms. Colette Williamson
Legislative Assistant Ms. Sylvia Wu
Bob Oppenheimer

United States

#20 Apr 22, 2010
Stu Pedaso wrote:
Arlen is no better than Lieberman. Both, like Oppenhiemer, are back-stabbing hooknosers with a first allegiance to a foreign government..
I know who my father is... you only know that you were sired by a FATHER...but that's NUN of my business.
dontcare

Saint Marys, PA

#21 Apr 22, 2010
Stewed is jealous of you Bob, you can show your face in public, but poor ole stewded can only go out on halloween or at night, he's so butt ugly. Plus, he probably has a criminal record longer and wider than the state of Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ghost of the Green Shingle 11 min tim leary 1
Pam Parker's Family: WHO CARES!! 22 min Bored 5
GE layoffs will be announced. ... (Oct '15) 2 hr Lincoln Avenue Larry 149
Badams Protecting Hidden Paytronage Jobs 2 hr Hmmm 64
News Pat Howard: Failures by DevelopErie leave Erie ... 4 hr ETN 150
Donald Vendetti 4 hr Keyboard Big Balls 18
no charges filed 4 hr Erieite 1
Styn Saluted in 40 Under 40! 5 hr ZUGZWANG 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance