Repub Canidates Dumping Romney Ties

Repub Canidates Dumping Romney Ties

Posted in the Erie Forum

Scott Brown

Erie, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2012
"GOP Senate Candidates Break With Mitt"
Two Republican U.S. Senate candidates in close races disowned Mitt Romney's "47 percent" comments on Tuesday, signaling concern about the impact of his words on Republican fortunes beyond the presidential race.

Linda McMahon, Republican Senate candidate in Connecticut, was worried enough to issue a statement criticizing Romney.

"I disagree with Governor Romney's insinuation that 47 percent of Americans believe they are victims who must depend on the government for their care. I know that the vast majority of those who rely on government are not in that situation because they want to be," her statement said.

McMahon, who lost a 2010 Senate bid in Connecticut, is in a close race against former U.S. Representative Chris Murphy.

Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown, running a tight race against Harvard Law professor Elizabeth Warren to retain his seat in a traditionally Democratic state, sounded a similar theme.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/mitt...

Those two races are just for starters. There are so many close races, so other GOP candidates will have to back away from Mitt as well. Please donate to dem candidates who are running neck and neck. Romney has handed the Dem party a gift, and we need to take advantage of it. Now is the time to pounce.
Scott Brown

Erie, PA

#2 Sep 19, 2012
Posted at 03:27 PM ET, 09/18/2012 TheWashingtonPost Elizabeth Warren: Romney just `wrote off half the American people as deadbeats’
By Greg Sargent
The class-warfare debate that flared up after the release of the Mitt Romney video really got its start this cycle many months ago, when Elizabeth Warren made some remarks about taxes and the rich that went viral.They focused attention on fundamental questions about government, the true nature of individual success, and our shared responsibilities to one another — a debate that took a sharp turn in another direction with the Romney video.

So I checked in with Warren for her take on Romney’s comments.

“Romney just wrote off half the people in Massachusetts and half the people in America as deadbeats,” Warren told me.“This is a separate category of contempt for half of our fellow citizens.”

“He doesn’t understand that millions of these people are working their hearts out, and paying plenty in taxes,” Warren continued, meaning many people pay no federal income taxes do pay other taxes. She added Romney has “no recognition of what people’s lives are really like.”

Warren said Romney’s comments clarified the choice voters face this fall.“It’s a party that says,`I’ve got mine and the rest of you are on your own,’ versus those who say,`We’re all in this together,’” she said.“There’s a clear choice in this election, between those who believe that to build an economy, the rich and powerful should get richer and more powerful, with tax cuts for the wealthiest and deregulation, while everyone else is left to pick up the pieces.”

Warren has taken the lead in three polls against Brown, and Brown has not cracked 46 percent in any them — potentially dangerous territory for an incumbent — but she rebuffed all questions about polling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Prep fire Merski Jr. from his teacher job? 1 min just sayin 47
Daddy Warbucks Coming to Erie 5 min Carhartt kid 3
Are all Erie Veterinarians crooks? 8 min ZUGZWANG 28
New Erie School Superintendent 30 min Dozie Skozie 7
When is G.E.set to close? 35 min Jack Hammer 210
Warren-Strong Vincent game ends early 1 hr tired of being PC 12
Laughlin's lavish office 1 hr Eastside Patrol 59
Former prep athlete wanted for murder 19 hr ernie 10

Erie Jobs

More from around the web