First Prev
of 5
Next Last
skip the pee pee

United States

#90 Jun 28, 2013
Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly. I work at Erie Insurance for over $60 an hour so I'm not bitter or jealous. The GE workers in Erie are notoriously lazy; in fact, they pride themselves in sandbagging. I regularly hear stories about workers sleeping on the job, encouraging others to work more slowly, and being generally disengaged at work.
It has nothing to do with envy for me. It's common sense that the GE Erie workforce is very ineffeicient and unwilling to compromise.
Some will argue that GE made billions last year so they can afford to overpay it's inefficient workforce, but keep in mind that GE is a public company owned by shareholders, many of whom are workers.
The first thing that stands out is that you need a pay cut ;)

Second, management is responsible for all the bad you've mentioned. Allowing it encourages it.

Third, what you say about GE's profits may be true but you missed a step. We were specifically told that the way to higher wages and better bennies was to become more productive, which we did.

Then they wanted drop our wages and bennies in the middle of a contract. Can you find a disconnect there? Hellooooooooooooo!
(BTW I like that Hellooooooooooooo thing. I'm bringing it back.)
bob2345

Erie, PA

#91 Jun 28, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, management is responsible for all the bad you've mentioned. Allowing it encourages it.
Third, what you say about GE's profits may be true but you missed a step. We were specifically told that the way to higher wages and better bennies was to become more productive, which we did.
Then they wanted drop our wages and bennies in the middle of a contract. Can you find a disconnect there? Hellooooooooooooo!
Correction - they wanted to freeze your wages. Big difference!
bob2345

Erie, PA

#92 Jun 28, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>You think that's what GE offered, they'll continue our high pay if we're flexible? It was just a ruse if it was even the case. Management can move workers now to areas that need help--or do just about anything else they want--including telling workers to get the hell off their cell phones.
But management doesn't control anything so other than saying something nonsensical then wishing upon a star, they don't know their collective heads from a hole in the ground. Make no mistake there are a lot of good workers at GE (and many resent the slackers and abusers as much as you do) but everyone gives up at some point when your company is run like Bizarro world from Superman lore.
You'll never really know cuz those jobs are now GONE GONE GONE! You really showed them!
CRANK

Erie, PA

#93 Jun 28, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
Business conditions change. I realize you ignore that and if it only affected GE and their employees I wouldn't care, but it impacts the entire community and any number of other businesses, employees and families.

EMD was once dominate in locomotive production. They got lazy under GM and GE surpassed them. Fine as far as it goes. BUT, CAT bought EMD and they have much better management, have cut costs, and are repositioning EMD to kick your (lazy?) ass.

Instead of killing off Erie, you could have thought about attacking the competition.
Ringo

Erie, PA

#97 Jun 28, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got a healthy raise for exemplary performance on Tuesday.
David Crosby

Cleveland, OH

#98 Jun 28, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
...and I know the difference between sell and sale but my fingers don't.(See? That's what being a union member teaches you...have an excuse for everything :)
So you sell your pee pee to someone at a special sale price? Is that correct? Why don't you just donate it and piss all over the UE.
truth

North East, PA

#102 Jun 29, 2013
Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got a healthy raise for exemplary performance on Tuesday.
Under your bosses desk?
truth

North East, PA

#103 Jun 29, 2013
Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly. I work at Erie Insurance for over $60 an hour so I'm not bitter or jealous. The GE workers in Erie are notoriously lazy; in fact, they pride themselves in sandbagging. I regularly hear stories about workers sleeping on the job, encouraging others to work more slowly, and being generally disengaged at work.
It has nothing to do with envy for me. It's common sense that the GE Erie workforce is very ineffeicient and unwilling to compromise.
Some will argue that GE made billions last year so they can afford to overpay it's inefficient workforce, but keep in mind that GE is a public company owned by shareholders, many of whom are workers.
It's not overpay, the non-union jobs pay shit.
truth

North East, PA

#104 Jun 29, 2013
edge wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I wouldn't be happy with Walmart pay and neither should you. But that's not what we're talking about here, not bu a mile I will continue to set the record straight as long as I have to. We willingly gave up nearly 1000 jobs at $30 an hour. Period. I won't let thIs forum be overrun with half truths and innuendo about a pay cut. Let the facts stand on their own. We turned down a pay freeze at over $30 an hour. You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But you can't fool all of the people all of the time. I'm here to make sure that the real truth gets out and stays out.
The real truth??? The real truth is that a company that makes over a billion in Erie is paying their CEO'S millions (Immelt: 12k per HOUR Simonelli: 1.8 K per HOUR). Try to look on the other side of the equation for once.
Foxxy

Erie, PA

#105 Jun 29, 2013
So what if the top execs are making millions. They are successfully operating a corporation which makes billions. Seems fair.
Foxxy

Erie, PA

#106 Jun 29, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Under your bosses desk?
No, that only works at GE.
UE member

Wattsburg, PA

#107 Jun 29, 2013
The people that are on here blaming the Union don't have a clue. GE would lay these guys off if they were making 8.00 a hour. If there is no work (orders)there are lay offs. No one complained in 2009 about the rolling lay offs. The new hires were and are a means to a end. I'm talking about the contract bonus for a yes vote by the company. They are tools from the beginning. In 2011 GE knew they were moving jobs to Texas. GE just paved the lots out back and bought the property on Walbridge. My guess is to stock natural gas for fueling these new locomotives. We'll see, like everything corporate does there is a motive. Scott keep up the good work!
CRANK

Girard, PA

#109 Jun 30, 2013
Two salesmen go into a railroad equipment procurement office, both after the same order. One gets the order. The other lost the order on price.

Management decides to fire the losing salesman, because he couldn't convince the the railroad to pay more.

Meanwhile the winning salesman goes back to his management and says, if we could cut another 3% out of the price I could have sold a dozen more.

Six months later, one saleman goes into a railroad equipment procurement office....
CRANK

Erie, PA

#111 Jul 11, 2013
skip the pee pee wrote:
<quoted text>Upper management then comes to the conclusion that if they could make a dozen more sales by getting rid of one salesman, just think how many more they could make if they got rid of all the salesmen. So they did. The boss who made that decision is now the CEO.
You know Skippy, its a good thing that your mental abilities are not running a major corporation. Nobody's job would survive.

Then again, maybe your ability is more suited to running a union....
David Crosby

Cleveland, OH

#113 Jul 11, 2013
You are a dumb shop rat. Union infested goons, everyone of you. GE should fire you all.
UE member

Wattsburg, PA

#114 Jul 11, 2013
David Crosby wrote:
You are a dumb shop rat. Union infested goons, everyone of you. GE should fire you all.
I'm almost certain a relative of yours has worked here at some point, or is what your suffering from generational?
zoo keeper

United States

#115 Jul 11, 2013
hey foxxy. anyone that calls themselves foxxy ,probably isn't....so you were born with a vagina?big deal.... you just give your skank box to everyone,and you think you are hot?you are a smelly slut....
dave

Canton, OH

#116 Sep 8, 2014
It's funny how everyone that was laid off in December is being called back to work and there is talk of hiring more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Badams Protecting Hidden Paytronage Jobs 57 min Jed 74
no charges filed 1 hr David Crosby 7
Millcreek township and Granada Apt 1 hr The Racist 5
Styn Saluted in 40 Under 40! 1 hr Popcorn 13
Pam Parker's Family: WHO CARES!! 1 hr Jerod 9
Cathedral prep changes mission and focus. 2 hr Richie weber 5
Child abductions late 80s/early 90s? 10 hr Nick 7
Ghost of the Green Shingle 10 hr Grow up 10
GE layoffs will be announced. ... (Oct '15) 15 hr Just saying 150
More from around the web