Scott Duke: Worst since Walko?

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Dick Porterhouse

Erie, PA

#1 Jun 22, 2013
Is this guy a trainwreck or what? I don't think I've seen a union rep who is more of a public relations disaster since Joe Walko represented Erie's Fire Union years ago.

Scott, you are simply terrible. I'm sure you've turned many people who were on the fence against the very union you represent. You stink.
Zugzwag

Erie, PA

#2 Jun 22, 2013
Dick Porterhouse wrote:
Is this guy a trainwreck or what? I don't think I've seen a union rep who is more of a public relations disaster since Joe Walko represented Erie's Fire Union years ago.
Scott, you are simply terrible. I'm sure you've turned many people who were on the fence against the very union you represent. You stink.
Funny thing is that Joe Walko became the EFD's Assistant Chief. One has to wonder if his failure as a Union President was by design to set the stage for an admin position. Joe is also the President of The Wattsburg School Districts School Board. Any input on how Joe is doing out there?
edge

Erie, PA

#3 Jun 23, 2013
Never has one person been able to do so much economic damage to the area in such a short time. Do you think he hires union roofers for his own house?
dave s

Canton, OH

#4 Jun 23, 2013
We the membership asked him to stand his ground! Absolutely no 2 tier ever! It is nothing but cancer for unions!
dave s

Canton, OH

#5 Jun 23, 2013
edge wrote:
Never has one person been able to do so much economic damage to the area in such a short time. Do you think he hires union roofers for his own house?
Yes and actually he would!
whopper flopper

New Castle, DE

#6 Jun 23, 2013
dave s wrote:
We the membership asked him to stand his ground! Absolutely no 2 tier ever! It is nothing but cancer for unions!
So how's that working out for you now? Tiered pay versus soon to be no pay, idiots!!
Union lover

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 23, 2013
I'd vote for no pay because I'm going to stand my ground. I'm standing for what I want even if it means that me and my brothers lose our jobs.
edge

Erie, PA

#8 Jun 23, 2013
dave s wrote:
That's funny because the tiered pay was for future hires not for the guys already working and paying weekly union dues. No need for those future hires to worry about any pay from GE. The company held the winning hand with whatever decision Duke made. You can figure out who lost. Thousand jobs lost this year. Thousand next year?
union guy

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2013
To union lover,its not about what you want,its about what's rite and proper.its not rite after 1 billion record profit for ge with immelt getting a huge pay day,alot more than last year,around 20,000,000 and we get $50. Then are asked for a pay cut! Screw that because its not proper. Honor the contract.by the time they can actually build a quality product in Texas and make stock holders as much as we do,GE will have lost way more money than staying with the facility that's been building them for heading toward 10 decades with old equipment and fighting for materials and tools to do our job. Then we shall see if GE stock plummets further than 08 and may take a long time for lost profits to return. Stand strong brothers and sisters,they know if they force us out they will loose a ton of money(who wants to order products from a transitioning company with unproven work force)the money train may not be hauling as much bounty for the board and the holders.to the board I ask you to review caterpillar's stock performance and profits after sticking it to our extended union family in canada
edge

Erie, PA

#10 Jun 23, 2013
union guy wrote:
To union lover,its not about what you want,its about what's rite and proper.its not rite after 1 billion record profit for ge with immelt getting a huge pay day,alot more than last year,around 20,000,000 and we get $50. Then are asked for a pay cut! Screw that because its not proper. Honor the contract.by the time they can actually build a quality product in Texas and make stock holders as much as we do,GE will have lost way more money than staying with the facility that's been building them for heading toward 10 decades with old equipment and fighting for materials and tools to do our job. Then we shall see if GE stock plummets further than 08 and may take a long time for lost profits to return. Stand strong brothers and sisters,they know if they force us out they will loose a ton of money(who wants to order products from a transitioning company with unproven work force)the money train may not be hauling as much bounty for the board and the holders.to the board I ask you to review caterpillar's stock performance and profits after sticking it to our extended union family in canada
GETS is about 2% of the companies profit in a good year. WOW. Maybe GE could find any old CEO in fact one that would work for just the health care and expenses. That way all the employees could get a 4 cent an hour raise.
$1.60 a week, 52 weeks, 305,000 employees =$25.37 million
Union lover

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 23, 2013
Union Guy - perhaps you should learn the difference between what is 'rite' and what is 'right' and 'loose' and 'lose'. Maybe that is why you are a 'union guy'.
union guy

United States

#13 Jun 23, 2013
Edge,don't confuse gets with GE worldwide,although I'm impressed with your math skills,and yes you are correct GE could find any old CEO,like maybe in china or India after all its a global economy and corporations have to go where people will work for less. I appreciate your honesty. onion lover,cause your insults stink,simply auto complete. Thank you for putting down thousands of hard working people that make a ton of money for our employers because I was in a hurry to WRITE. I shall double check before I post,thank you. Other than the grammatical errors I stand by what I wrote.
honest observer

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2013
You Solid Unionists will soon get your single tier wage system ....Unemployment benefits pays the same.
Try explaining your action wife & family when you can no longer support them in the lifestyle they are s to accustomed to.
I seriously doubt UE will fill the void you will face for your questionable support & I am just as certain the UE National officers will not be in that unemployment line with you or suffer any loss of income or benefits.
Funny thing about Union Solidarity....It is always on one side of the equation, the losing side.

“Wise up, don't be a pinhead!”

Since: Apr 10

Erie, PA

#15 Jun 24, 2013
Um, if gets Erie cannot compete, ge will
Move its operations elsewhere. They will spend hundreds of millions moving and won't even blink while doing it. I don't get where all the confidense that they won't comes from. This is business, not A family. If it were mine I'd fire all of u and conduct interviews to rehire those I choose at a lowered non union wage as soon as this contract expires. World population is out of control and u people want to bicker over who gets the biggests crumbs on the floor.
Jimmy Hoffa

Corry, PA

#16 Jun 24, 2013
Union lover wrote:
I'd vote for no pay because I'm going to stand my ground. I'm standing for what I want even if it means that me and my brothers lose our jobs.
And because of your Union "arrogance" an entire region will suffer economic hardship.

The average wage at Erie GETS is $31.40 an hour. Where the hell are you going to find those wages at? Splash Lagoon? McDonald's? Eriez Magnetics? Custom Engineering? No one in their right mind would even look at an employment application from someone that used to make $30+ an hour at GETS.

"If you enjoy mediocrity you are going to love irrelevance even more"
- Gen. Erik Shinseki (Retired) Former US Army Chief of Staff

Have fun collecting unemployment!
Arkelian

Corry, PA

#18 Jun 24, 2013
Poor Union Scum! Waaah! Waaah! Waaah! I won't give up ANY of my $35 an hour! Waaah! Waaah! Waaah! I earn my money! Waaah! Waaah! Waaah! It is hard sitting on my ass all day long doing nothing - because GE Management scum doesn't get my parts when I need them.

Waaah! Waaah! Waaah!

I don't feel the least bit sorry for you pukes!
the wizard

Erie, PA

#19 Jun 24, 2013
Union lover wrote:
You are dumber than a rock, The best you can do after you lose your job. Maybe Walmart all those guys get paid the same.
Lorenzo Samoniellio

Corry, PA

#20 Jun 24, 2013
What a bunch of dumb union azzez! Union is the Bitch to GE Management. What do you think you are trying to do? Make GE blink? GE will close Lawrence Park plant faster then you can take a piss in the wind. GE has a history of doing this.

GE Lighting? Closed! GE Appliances? Closed! Keep going - GE in Erie? Soon to be closed! And all because the Union is too dumb to realize that GE Management ain't gonna give a shitz about union members not wanting to take a pay freeze.

Congratulations you bunch of Teamsters wanna-be's you just screwed yourselves outta good paying jobs, and all because you wouldn't want to take a wage freeze.

UE Local 506 The Destroyers of Erie!

UNION SCUM!
Hoffa

Cleveland, OH

#21 Jun 24, 2013
65,000+ a year average salary if the average pay is 31.40 and hour. Yet that's not good enough even with benefits. It is amazing that they won't take a pay freeze because I guess you can't live on 65 grand in Erie. Is it any wonder why the unions end up destroying themselves now a days.
Hoffa

Cleveland, OH

#22 Jun 24, 2013
union guy wrote:
I ask you to review caterpillar's stock performance and profits after sticking it to our extended union family in canada
Looks like their stock is doing good compared to GE at 80+ a share. Not to mention their dividend payment rose after they shut the Canada plant. CAT .60 a share. GE .19 a share. Didn't seem to phase Caterpillar much. Bet it won't even cause a ripple at GE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clown prince trump 4 min Terry B 10
Tired of being a PC 1 hr ZUGZWANG 16
General McLane Football 1 hr scsa 5
GE UE Talks suddenly going bad. 1 hr Erie Dem Committe... 35
John McCain 2 hr Lol 16
UE GE talk all of a sudden going good. 2 hr Old school 98
White Guy Cuts the Line 2 hr tired of being PC 17
erie club 5 hr In Your Face CrosB 84
What happened to Bootleggers?! 7 hr ZUGZWANG 47

Erie Jobs