The Future of Erie, PA

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Glenn

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Take a few minutes to read this article and see if you can draw any similarities.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131004/M... |topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
horsewithnoname

Corry, PA

#2 Oct 6, 2013
Glenn wrote:
Take a few minutes to read this article and see if you can draw any similarities.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20131004/M... -
missteps-bankrupted-city?odyss ey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Best article ever written about Detroit. Thanks for the link.

If Erie can't see the writing on the wall after reading this,[ someone should forward this to city hall]
They are hopeless.
trevor

Toledo, OH

#3 Oct 6, 2013
erie NEEDS a black mayor and it needs it NOW !
Bill

Erie, PA

#4 Oct 6, 2013
A garbage dump...
morgan

Warren, OH

#7 Oct 6, 2013
just list all the manufacturing plants and jobs that left this town
morgan

Warren, OH

#8 Oct 6, 2013
you name 'em
bucyrus erie
Tyrone Shoelaces

Erie, PA

#9 Oct 7, 2013
Take a ride by 7th Wallace....that's your future staring you right in the face.....
Erie Realist

Joplin, MO

#10 Oct 7, 2013
Erie has no future.....It is a dumping grounds for third world refugees & an open air Chimp Park.
Like all other Cities under Democrat political domination it has a past once vibrant, humming with industry & opportunity.....now all gone.
For our youth & remaining industry all roads lead out of town while our city officials stand expectantly waiting by the off ramps of I-90 & I- 79 searching for salvation from the expected multitude of tour busses & cars bringing thousands of tourists to Erie to spend millions.
spider monkey criminal

Toledo, OH

#11 Oct 7, 2013
Erie Realist wrote:
Erie has no future.....It is a dumping grounds for third world refugees & an open air Chimp Park.
Like all other Cities under Democrat political domination it has a past once vibrant, humming with industry & opportunity.....now all gone.
For our youth & remaining industry all roads lead out of town while our city officials stand expectantly waiting by the off ramps of I-90 & I- 79 searching for salvation from the expected multitude of tour busses & cars bringing thousands of tourists to Erie to spend millions.
chimps don't spend their own money...they steal it via crime or welfare from others... erie politicians have that same mindset. Thats why erie needs a black mayor... do it right erie !
Nasty

Fairview, PA

#13 Oct 7, 2013
It's good to see that some of you out there are beginning to understand what a lost cause Erie has become. Only the delusional believe that Erie can reverse its death spiral.
trevor

Toledo, OH

#14 Oct 7, 2013
morgan wrote:
just list all the manufacturing plants and jobs that left this town
... that's a lot of writing.. a shorter list. Who is still here and growing ? Salvation Army, Goodwill, Head start, East Erie Mission....
Glenn

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Oct 7, 2013
After reading the article it is scary to see Erie doing basically the same thing (on a lesser sized scale) as what Detroit did. The outcome will be exactly the same thing. I remember driving across 6th street and 12th street in the early 90's quite a bit. I wouldn't say they were wonderful neighborhoods, but at least the houses were kept up and the area was clean. I drive across 12th street now almost daily and it is turning into the ghetto. The houses are falling apart, garbage all over, and just infested with section 8 people. I can only imagine what another 10-15 years will usher in.
Nasty

Fairview, PA

#16 Oct 7, 2013
Glenn wrote:
After reading the article it is scary to see Erie doing basically the same thing (on a lesser sized scale) as what Detroit did. The outcome will be exactly the same thing. I remember driving across 6th street and 12th street in the early 90's quite a bit. I wouldn't say they were wonderful neighborhoods, but at least the houses were kept up and the area was clean. I drive across 12th street now almost daily and it is turning into the ghetto. The houses are falling apart, garbage all over, and just infested with section 8 people. I can only imagine what another 10-15 years will usher in.
And you know what ? Most people won't even blink. Ignorance and apathy rule the day in Erie. More ghetto ? More dilapidation ? More crime ? More under educated ? More dollar store jobs ? Very few care anymore. Just tighten that belt once again Erie. Just shrug your shoulders and accept your fate.
I'm just thankful I'm fortunate enough to view this demise from a safe and secure distance. In an ironic sense Erie's downfall serves as interesting fodder to observe while being removed from the effects of all the crap Erie brings. Am I some sort of "priviledged character" ? Go ahead and believe that if it pleases you but actually I'm just someone wise enough not to repeat the endless mistake ridden cycles of life in Erie,Pa.
The people of Erie have made an awful mess of their beds and now they are doomed to lie in them forever.
trevor

Toledo, OH

#17 Oct 7, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what ? Most people won't even blink. Ignorance and apathy rule the day in Erie. More ghetto ? More dilapidation ? More crime ? More under educated ? More dollar store jobs ? Very few care anymore. Just tighten that belt once again Erie. Just shrug your shoulders and accept your fate.
I'm just thankful I'm fortunate enough to view this demise from a safe and secure distance. In an ironic sense Erie's downfall serves as interesting fodder to observe while being removed from the effects of all the crap Erie brings. Am I some sort of "priviledged character" ? Go ahead and believe that if it pleases you but actually I'm just someone wise enough not to repeat the endless mistake ridden cycles of life in Erie,Pa.
The people of Erie have made an awful mess of their beds and now they are doomed to lie in them forever.
Elvis has left the building and Erie has shit the bed
Whatever

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol You are such a loser!!
Nasty

Fairview, PA

#19 Oct 7, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>Lol You are such a loser!!
Whatever !(Knew you couldn't resist)
thissitesucks

Erie, PA

#20 Oct 7, 2013
You forgot to add all of the backwards, inbred, redneck, PWT racists ...like the ones who spend all day posting on this board instead of working!
erie welfare worker

United States

#21 Oct 8, 2013
thissitesucks wrote:
You forgot to add all of the backwards, inbred, redneck, PWT racists ...like the ones who spend all day posting on this board instead of working!
Yeah, We are racists because we worked all our lives to better ourselves & provide for our families. We did it without standing on the doorstep of City, State or Federal government demanding handouts or screaming we are entitled. Hardwork & self-reliance was our belief & we lived by it.
You are an enigma .....You proclaim to have worked hard & be educated , yet you clutch the flagpole & wave the racist banner like you were Al Sharpton. If you really attained the credits you allude to then you do know success is possible if one applies themselves& works to succeed.
Surely you must realize how many of those around you take advantage of the welfare system & as long as the trough is kept full have no intention of improving their
lot in life.
Remaining a Welfarian seems to be acceptable to many, being a tool of the Democratic party is apparently a small sacrifice for the welfare handouts being thrown at them.
voter

Erie, PA

#22 Oct 8, 2013
erie welfare worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, We are racists because we worked all our lives to better ourselves & provide for our families. We did it without standing on the doorstep of City, State or Federal government demanding handouts or screaming we are entitled. Hardwork & self-reliance was our belief & we lived by it.
You are an enigma .....You proclaim to have worked hard & be educated , yet you clutch the flagpole & wave the racist banner like you were Al Sharpton. If you really attained the credits you allude to then you do know success is possible if one applies themselves& works to succeed.
Surely you must realize how many of those around you take advantage of the welfare system & as long as the trough is kept full have no intention of improving their
lot in life.
Remaining a Welfarian seems to be acceptable to many, being a tool of the Democratic party is apparently a small sacrifice for the welfare handouts being thrown at them.
Ironic that your paycheck depends on the same agencies that others rely on.
thissitesucks

Erie, PA

#24 Oct 8, 2013
erie welfare worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am an "enigma"? Surprised you knew such a word. Lol!

Working hard, being educated does not remove one from experiencing racism. Just look at our President! That's like saying that a woman who is successful is immune from sexism.

I am trying to figure where you got all of this from my simple post in this thread? Oh you must be stalking my other posts, lol!

Your sesame seed sized brain can't process a black person who isn't, "Iz be goin to da welfair office to sign up fo me some of dem free monies!

It just burns you up to see a person of color, with a computer, on Topix, reading you like a Dr. Seuss book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug testing for anyone benefiting from tax dol... 1 hr Occasional Observer 17
drug dealers in Erie 2 hr Brian 2
It's a no good snitch and PG 2 hr Scooters inc 3
Mike ohara 3 hr P o s 1
Will G.E announce a plant closing? 3 hr First Aid 51
GE set to announce closing 3 hr White house 297
GE recalling employees 3 hr L P Resident 17
Derrys Sanders Jr 5 hr Erie news 27
Lawn Jockeys 6 hr Seriouslady 26
Mike palermo (Jan '14) 20 hr Olivia 169