Jim Winarski shows true colors at swear-in

Posted in the Erie Forum

The Other Jim

Harmonsburg, PA

#1 Jan 5, 2010
If anyone doubts what Erie will be getting for the next four years from newly-elected councilman Jim Winarski, his "speech" (if you can call it that) at the swearing-in ceremony spoke volumnes.

Winarski took the occasion to throw praise at city workers. He then individually praised the police, firefighters and other city workers.

Anyone with half a brain should understand that's a signal of what is to come from him.

Oh, and after praising the city workers, Winarski then (finally) decided to praise his family!

Good luck, Erie! In an era where city union thugs continue to suck the taxpayer dry and hold the city hostage, you just elected a councilman who will spend the next four years as a representative of the city unions. Jim will serve the city unions at every chance he gets.

Just another day in Erie....
Stan B

Erie, PA

#2 Jan 5, 2010
The Other Jim wrote:
If anyone doubts what Erie will be getting for the next four years from newly-elected councilman Jim Winarski, his "speech" (if you can call it that) at the swearing-in ceremony spoke volumnes.
Winarski took the occasion to throw praise at city workers. He then individually praised the police, firefighters and other city workers.
Anyone with half a brain should understand that's a signal of what is to come from him.
Oh, and after praising the city workers, Winarski then (finally) decided to praise his family!
Good luck, Erie! In an era where city union thugs continue to suck the taxpayer dry and hold the city hostage, you just elected a councilman who will spend the next four years as a representative of the city unions. Jim will serve the city unions at every chance he gets.
Just another day in Erie....
For this reason, I'm befuddled when people outside of city limits support regionalism. Sounds great on paper, but anyone that's lived here knows the BS that will follow. Regional teamwork couldn't manage to transfer the deed to a golf course in less than two years.

Barry will fix this. If he can't maybe we can have some consultants land at Tom Ridge Field after we've completed the $86 million regional paving job.
Jamie

Wadsworth, OH

#3 Jan 5, 2010
Please God, give us ACT 47......
Gus

Harmonsburg, PA

#4 Jan 7, 2010
I saw that too. What a tool that guy will be.

Wait till the Erie economy tanks when we lose GE. I'm sure Winarski will be arguing for pay increases for all of his city union friends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Great Seinfeld analogy (Jan '10) 19 min Mademelaugh 3
Turn 12th Street into highway (May '10) 22 min Dee 2
Other HD channels? (Feb '08) 45 min Ted 2
News Erie Zoo opens new $500,000 tiger exhibit (Jun '08) 50 min Amy 2
News Shooting in East Side Bar (Jan '10) 52 min Seth M 4
News Liberty Street in Erie reopens after stuck truc... (Sep '11) 53 min Alex 4
News Dump Truck Rollover (Jul '07) 1 hr Debbie Jana 2
Millcreek to blow millions for athletic complex 1 hr Sickayou 27
McDowell teacher runs .. 1 hr Sickayou 26
Millcreek School Board Candidate list 1 hr Sickayou 246