Change the date of Celebrate Erie

Change the date of Celebrate Erie

Posted in the Erie Forum

Edgar Poe

Buffalo, NY

#1 Aug 17, 2014
Why don't they move Celebrate Erie to the 4th. Of July week and end it on the 4th. With the usual fireworks?
The "celebration" needs a revamp, from old worn out music acts to the spirit of the festival.
Truly celebrate Erie and the birth of the Nation all at the same time, more people to participate, better and warmer weather, more kids home from collage and more opportunities for live performing acts that are cris crossing the area at that time of the year.
Let's see who can come up with a better solution for a celebration that seems to have had it's day.
doug wilson

Dundee, OH

#2 Aug 17, 2014
Edgar Poe wrote:
Why don't they move Celebrate Erie to the 4th. Of July week and end it on the 4th. With the usual fireworks?
The "celebration" needs a revamp, from old worn out music acts to the spirit of the festival.
Truly celebrate Erie and the birth of the Nation all at the same time, more people to participate, better and warmer weather, more kids home from collage and more opportunities for live performing acts that are cris crossing the area at that time of the year.
Let's see who can come up with a better solution for a celebration that seems to have had it's day.
It isnt logical to celebrate failure
Nasty

Erie, PA

#4 Aug 18, 2014
Pin Head wrote:
Celebrate Erie isn't a celebration at all. It's a giant SCUMFEST for the SCUM of Erie. Apparently you are the only one who doesn't see that. Are you possibly a scum yourself?
Heh, heh, heh !
makes no sense

Fairview, PA

#5 Aug 18, 2014
It would be twice as hard and 4 times more expensive to book a musical act on the 4th of July weekend..
when

Cleveland, OH

#6 Aug 18, 2014
makes no sense wrote:
It would be twice as hard and 4 times more expensive to book a musical act on the 4th of July weekend..
And much easier to obtain corporate sponsorships. Everyone loves being patriotic!
Makes more sense

Apollo, PA

#7 Aug 18, 2014
Obviously you folks never worked in booking any events, it does indeed make more sense to move it towards earlier in the season.
Acts for smaller venues like Erie are booked on the availability of a group or act appearing in the larger markets like Cleveland, Pittsburg and Buffalo. If the performer can fit in something along their route they will do it, often with the ability to do it at a lower cost.
After reading some of these posts on this issue it's pretty evident that the posters are full of s--t, they know nothing of what they speak.
Check this one

Erie, PA

#8 Aug 18, 2014
The orginal reason it was held in mid August is Mayor Tullio forgot
to get Fire works for the 1976 200th birthday of United States...
So he got them for August.
Yes it is time to move it to July 4th like other cities.
have a blow out picnic , concert etc and the
Fireworks.
MAkes more sense then 2nd week of August
doug wilson

Dundee, OH

#9 Aug 18, 2014
Makes more sense wrote:
Obviously you folks never worked in booking any events, it does indeed make more sense to move it towards earlier in the season.
Acts for smaller venues like Erie are booked on the availability of a group or act appearing in the larger markets like Cleveland, Pittsburg and Buffalo. If the performer can fit in something along their route they will do it, often with the ability to do it at a lower cost.
After reading some of these posts on this issue it's pretty evident that the posters are full of s--t, they know nothing of what they speak.
Thank goodness erie has you !!!
Pizza Taco

Erie, PA

#10 Aug 18, 2014
I MSS THE OLD DAYS WHEN DANNY, DONNIE AND THE REST OF THE L.E.S.F. WOULD JUST CLEAN HOUSE AND THE COPS WENT THE OTHER WAY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Virginia on-air shooting: thread removed? 1 hr Brandon 9
McGrath's Millcreek Water Authority 1 hr Millcreek people 4
Criminal Lou Aliota on Millcreek School Board 1 hr Millcreek people 32
anyone know Jack Tabaka? (Aug '07) 1 hr Dr Joe 14
At least 12 shots fired at metroplex 2 hr da good boy 4
Looking for a bit of help 5 hr Anne1 1
Erie County farms 8 hr East Side Dirtbags 15
PJ's Autosound to close doors 9 hr Lawyers R Us 30
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Erie Mortgages