End is near

Erie, PA

#1436 Oct 24, 2012
opps its kindle not kimble also option 2 on the insurance only changes for management not the hourly. as of this week we are on time with the domestics orders but internationals has us behind 31 locomotives and that number is growing. they wanna say its change that has us behind but really its poorly managed.. workers are not being lazy, prints and parts are not where they are supposed to be. if it takes half the shift to get your parts how you expected to do your job, alot to do with poor planning, unorganized, and poor communication.. so before the topix trolls wanna say lazy union workers..
jra182

Danielson, CT

#1437 Oct 25, 2012
End is near wrote:
hey kids its that time of year when the rumor starts and umm.. layoffs... in a muster meeting 330 ish confirmed for next year first half semi strong but the outlook looks gloomy.. chief stewards like caputo are saying less that 50 weeks before a large mass layoff, he estimated a good 1600 but its ge those numbers could shrink or grow.. play it smart and dont load your self with bills you cant pay. off highway looking gloomy in the 2nd quarter next year also. plant manager todd kimble took a job in texas and is leaving after this year. 2 tier rumors of a competitive wage being pushed for next year. Randy is bring in his cronies so who knows what bosses might get fired for next year. sad part of it all most dont realize ... taa wont happen unless they change the laws on it or the government provides some sort of retraining.. only one taa claim can be filed per site.. i know alot of people are confused on that but their is a website of what sites have been accepted and denied taa claims, once approved it cannot be filed again. you can confirm this with the pa careerlink dont just take my word for it..... welcome back everyone....
From my understanding Taa can be used 5years after it was approved. Which would be the last layoff.
Spiro Agnew

Erie, PA

#1438 Oct 25, 2012
Time to pack it up to Texas
David Crosby

Erie, PA

#1439 Oct 25, 2012
Spiro Agnew wrote:
Time to pack it up to Texas
Another brilliant comment from our resident odd ball posting under anothers name. Correct Sopper?
Spiro Agnew

Erie, PA

#1440 Oct 25, 2012
Now you are just copy-paster not fun!
David Crosby

Mansfield, OH

#1441 Oct 25, 2012
Spiro Agnew wrote:
Now you are just copy-paster not fun!
Ah you caught me hey??
end is near

Spring Valley, NY

#1442 Oct 25, 2012
The taa claim expired 7/2012 dunno about the 5 year rule that's what the timeline said when it was filed... would be nice to confirm this 5 year rule
Morris DaCatt

Erie, PA

#1443 Oct 25, 2012
There is an Erie GE employee who wants to be someone on the UE 506 board and he can't make it so he is going around spreading rumors of impending doom at the Erie plant. MM should be careful, many people now know that he is the source of many of the problems, MM is not liked or trusted by his fellow union members and management laughs at him.
It is a shame that someone like this can cause many problems for others, he should be greatful for what he has given he's not real bright.
kaboom

Paterson, NJ

#1444 Oct 25, 2012
Morris DaCatt wrote:
There is an Erie GE employee who wants to be someone on the UE 506 board and he can't make it so he is going around spreading rumors of impending doom at the Erie plant. MM should be careful, many people now know that he is the source of many of the problems, MM is not liked or trusted by his fellow union members and management laughs at him.
It is a shame that someone like this can cause many problems for others, he should be greatful for what he has given he's not real bright.
if he's not well liked, how is he spreading rumors? he's been off for a few months now I believe......whomever is stirring up pots is currently working I'd think
Morris DaCatt

Erie, PA

#1445 Oct 25, 2012
Hey genius, you don't have to be well liked to spread rumors, get a brain.
MM doesn't understand he is his own worst enemy and no one supports him for union leadership because he would cause more problems than offer soultions. I worked with him in Bldg. 6 a few years ago and he was mad at the world, I tried to work with him but he is a nit wit Know it all.
kaboom

Paterson, NJ

#1446 Oct 25, 2012
okay, not denying his past or what people think of him; fact still remains I don't believe he's in plant nor has he been in a bit, so how are these rumors flying around so recent?
That would kind of indicate its someone currently here, unless he's having secret disinformation meetings with members; I've seen him spread doomsday rhetoric before, I'm asking how is he doing it when you say noone likes him and he hasn't been here in awhile?
That's my question....no need to get all pouty n defensive, there lol
led

Erie, PA

#1447 Oct 26, 2012
I think the best we could all do is save what money you can. Shit hasn't hit the fan yet. Believe what you see. The rumors just help the company pit us against each other. However it would be nice to get some truth out of the union hall. For now its just a wait and see situation
magic chef

Struthers, OH

#1448 Oct 26, 2012
Does any one else find it interesting that this thread started 3 1/2 Years ago?
here we go again

United States

#1449 Nov 2, 2012
is MM from a former GE facility?
democrat i was

Erie, PA

#1450 Nov 3, 2012
during the 90' there was two locomotive plants one in canada and the other was in erie pa.
plan was to have one.. it was decide it was erie to remain open.. we could and did make 1000 locomotive in a year..
now we have a sister plant in texas

erie plant needs to understand this point the company runs the show.. when they move the head quarters out of erie in a few years. there will be no longer ties in erie to keep us open.

if they do it will be at a great cost of employment

a great leader nuke-jack w. said one time if ge was a ship he would go to port to port and get the best deal for the company..

u.e 506 better get in it's head to keep this compay here in erie. we have to give and take less
at 33 dollars per hr how much more do they want..
less in money but more in benefits would be nice
health care sucks now so this is an area they could ask more
bring back a pension plan for the younger workers
more time off vaction and personal time
another idea is also have your proxies in hand and go against the company on their plans.. remember it doesn't matter if you have one stock or 1 million stocks you still have one vote

your vote counts only if it's done right..
you could control the upper 10% pay
you could control their plans on opening other plants to take your job away.. union needs to think out of the box and think
Bld6

New York, NY

#1451 Nov 19, 2012
led wrote:
Any more dirt on Sabra I need a good laugh
my ex says her and charity both suck in bed. You'd think as busy as they are they'd have skills. Especially sabra. She been around that building again and again.
lol

Erie, PA

#1452 Nov 19, 2012
You really have low standards if your attracted to or even concerned about any of the women at ge.. just let it go with sabra... being this obsessed with someone as nasty as her makes you sound borderline creeper and or rape like intentions
Bld6

New York, NY

#1453 Nov 19, 2012
lol wrote:
You really have low standards if your attracted to or even concerned about any of the women at ge.. just let it go with sabra... being this obsessed with someone as nasty as her makes you sound borderline creeper and or rape like intentions
Im none of the above. Just a proud woman who has worked hard to stabilize my relationship. I think it's sad that he says they still follow him round at work. I also think its sad that woman still spread their legs to keep their jobs. And all those men chase after dirty whores
Lmao

Bronx, NY

#1454 Nov 21, 2012
Yea. Any dude that touches that really has low standards. If you're ex touched that I'd see a doctor if I were you.
here we go again

United States

#1455 Nov 21, 2012
why dont we start a new subject tired of hearing about the same people doing this and that unless you got evidence you cant believe what you hear There are so many rumors and I am sure there are more affairs going on then those two

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge Kelly gets rash of compliments (Jan '08) 47 min Gerald Price 4
Millcreek School Board Candidate list 50 min Sam Colt 244
The Serious illegal nature of Louis Aliota (Mar '11) 58 min Sam Colt 523
Review: Cobb's Second Time Around Thirft Shop 1 hr Sopper 24
David Crosby to Open Sperm Bank 1 hr Crazy Cathy 13
Why did o.s. get fired from the sauce? 1 hr Sam 4
M.Ohara Snitch 2 hr Knowasnake 1
McDowell teacher runs .. 5 hr Tally 25
Millcreek to blow millions for athletic complex 10 hr Tally 26
More from around the web