Emerson

Erie, PA

#1260 Mar 16, 2011
I dont understand.

what if you HAVE a code of Rec with 50 weeks?

Who are the "Pref" Hires ?
Emerson

Erie, PA

#1261 Mar 16, 2011
1.roughly 90 people are laid off with more than one year service and no code of record?????????

Im extremely confused. no code AND over a year.
John Q

Chicago, IL

#1262 Mar 16, 2011
I was in med center today, they didn't know anything of preferential hires. Asked a couple stewards, they have heard nothing. But , in saying this, still could be possible. I've seen some weird shit go down. And yes there could be people with no code on record. Union didn't press the company until late about getting people placed properly. The mentality of just get people in the door or we don't want to rock the boat. Shows that things need done properly. Every time!
Zorro

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1263 Mar 17, 2011
If I knew I would tell you but seriously, why doesn't anyone call the hall with questions? This place (Topix) is so full of misinformation more often than not yet people seem to believe it as gospel and then sit and stew when it is bad news yet wrong.
Emerson

Erie, PA

#1264 Mar 18, 2011
heard 60 pref hires from other plants and 40 of the 80 april layoffs.

After the big 280 are in and placed.

anybody have anything somewhat credible to add? that would be spectacular.

I will sit by phone and wait
rukidding

Brunswick, OH

#1265 Mar 18, 2011
Onesikpup wrote:
1.roughly 90 people are laid off with more than one year service and no code of record. They will be called back.
2.The company says they are going to hire another 100 people. Contractually the pref hires have first dibs on these jobs. Then the 80 or so with no code of record and less than one year of service.
please refer to page 68 and 69 of the contract book
im all about following the national contract and yes the national usually superceeds the local agreement but there is one in place and it was formulated before the april 09 layoffs doesnt surprise me stewards are not familiar with pref hire info
john plyler

United States

#1266 Mar 25, 2011
Man I'm glad made it in time last night to vote for wayne. Almost didn't make it, but got there at last minute!
nut cracker

Atlanta, GA

#1267 Mar 25, 2011
john plyler wrote:
Man I'm glad made it in time last night to vote for wayne. Almost didn't make it, but got there at last minute!
good thing you did I heard he only beat mike m.by one vote.....we almost had a douche bag in office but by you voting ,the right man won the job.I heard mikes arrogance cost him the race.then I heard he litterally cried like a baby when he found out he lost.better luck next time loser.
efrain

Cleveland, OH

#1268 Mar 25, 2011
man i should of been back working, everyone in my area is back working. I was hired as a temp code 17 welder then became a 20 code welder. they are telling me im in the system as a 17 code welder only ever worked as a 17 code for 2-3 weeks... so now im just waiting on the phone call to go back im told sometime in april hope its all correct.!
Ohio Boy

Twinsburg, OH

#1269 Mar 26, 2011
efrain wrote:
man i should of been back working, everyone in my area is back working. I was hired as a temp code 17 welder then became a 20 code welder. they are telling me im in the system as a 17 code welder only ever worked as a 17 code for 2-3 weeks... so now im just waiting on the phone call to go back im told sometime in april hope its all correct.!
I'm just curious, what were your start and end dates? and did they tell you early April or late April?
I hope every one is back soon!!!
Frank

Edinboro, PA

#1270 Mar 27, 2011
I was laid off Thanksgiving of 09, and have over a year of service in, but still haven't heard anything. Am getting extrememly edgy, and when I called the union hall they just said that it's not the end of march yet. Have called Beth and left a couple of messages, but haven't heard back.
Does anyone know anything helpful or have any relevant info? I'm just getting really frustrated.
Ohio Boy

Twinsburg, OH

#1271 Mar 27, 2011
Frank wrote:
I was laid off Thanksgiving of 09, and have over a year of service in, but still haven't heard anything. Am getting extrememly edgy, and when I called the union hall they just said that it's not the end of march yet. Have called Beth and left a couple of messages, but haven't heard back.
Does anyone know anything helpful or have any relevant info? I'm just getting really frustrated.
Yea I called the hall also and asked where I was on the list of people to be recalled and was told they don't have a list??, they should!(Page 42 of contract.) Beth didn't return my phone call either. I guess it's just a waiting game
Emerson

Erie, PA

#1272 Mar 27, 2011
I could use an update myself. no list? wtf?
what gives?
Robb McC

Cleveland, OH

#1273 Mar 27, 2011
Wish I had answers for you guys, I want to see everyone back at the plant and am happy as hell anytime I do see old friends back;that being said, as bad as it is to use a public forum to campaign-I think it would have been nice to see someone,or anyone other than the select few on here that try,to attempt to address these concerns and problems,and I know for a fact that there ARE a number of people that are either at the hall,or are stewards that peep into here from time to time,but dont post.....
To our brothers still waiting, I hope you our back soon,and actually care despite feeling mistreated once back.....
farm outs

United States

#1274 Mar 28, 2011
The next time you guys see barry wile thank him for retiring andthen takin a job to farm our work out to addecco and the perry ship bld.....that is part of the reason why lots of people are not getting called back as quickly as you should...plus thank all the guys in 10 and 26 for working rolling doubles to keep mgt from doing our jobs.from what I hear there is lots of that going on over there.it isn't our union that's screwing you guys.it the company.there trying to turn us against each other so the contract that they want gets voted in.don't be surprised if there is another layoff right after the contract.that's the way ge rolls.just remember while your layed off or while you are voting,that jeff imelt just received his 15 million dollar bonus.if that don't make you sick than what will...I hope you people that are layed ff see the big picture.there trying to back us as a union into a corner and the only thing we can do is come out fighting as oneif we are separated we lose...remember forward together backwards never!!!!
Frank

Edinboro, PA

#1275 Mar 28, 2011
The guys working rolling doubles in 10 and 26 as well as anybody else working overtime are just as bad, and in league with, Imelt. All they are worried about is the almighty buck, and could care less about any other living person other than the dollar. I don't think when you have that many people like this working for the company, the union will have any leg to stand on, because with people like that they will sell out any other union member for an extra quarter in their paycheck.
Frank

Edinboro, PA

#1276 Mar 28, 2011
Zorro wrote:
If I knew I would tell you but seriously, why doesn't anyone call the hall with questions? This place (Topix) is so full of misinformation more often than not yet people seem to believe it as gospel and then sit and stew when it is bad news yet wrong.
I've called the Union hall enough times that they told me to quit calling and call Beth, because they have no answers. I have 62 weeks as a code 17 welder, taught welding for many years, done anything in this plant and would gladly take any other position, but because of this only hiring back by code, I'm sitting here pulling my hair out trying to figure out what's going on, with no answers from either Beth or the union.
Jackie

Brunswick, OH

#1277 Mar 28, 2011
How can you lay off people who really don't do any actual work?
Anonymous

Girard, PA

#1278 Mar 28, 2011
Jackie wrote:
How can you lay off people who really don't do any actual work?
Ummm, what??
bld 10 coworker

Erie, PA

#1279 Mar 28, 2011
the best part of all this is that those buildings are the ones are current and past union president are in ????? is this coincidental or what i heard the chief stewart told them guys not to work the rolling doubles and they pretty much told him to pound salt that they didnt care if mgt did there jobs as long as they get payed double time.com e over here and see all the mgt working with us on these locos.it will make you sick.they are doing so much bargining work and nobody is doing anything about it cause were getting rolling doubles.i for one refuse to do doubles.i dont think its right to my fellow union bros.but most are or were sucking it right up.i even seen people from other blds coming over to lock in.i talked to a guy in 26 that is emptying garbage cans on double time.thats what he was told to doempty garbage for 16 hrs????what a joke i only have 5 yrs in this place but i have never seen anything like this mess.no wonder there farming our stuff out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black protesters spitting on the flag at the c... 10 min WakeUp 42
As to the Republicans... 18 min Fact 3
Lawrence Park 29 min cop watch 25
Does anyone get it yet? 33 min Trogan 18
anyone know the number for ocy in erie 38 min cop watch 6
GE bld 6 multistory working overtime again. 45 min tired of being PC 50
Ryan Bizzaro Birthday 2 hr Bruce Jenner 7
Erie identified as worst city for blacks 5 hr citi 116
GE Transportation to be "broken up and sold" 5 hr Ear Plugs 51
Sunflower Club Crooks 5 hr Smuther 17