Clint Slope

United States

#1158 Jan 21, 2011
While I have not heard any confirmed callbacks, what I have heard is this, first the internal callbacks will be taken care of first. Once that is done what open jobs are left they will goto to those outside based off of service and call back. I am confident that there will be more callbacks on top of this, however this is just my opinion. There is still talk of more work coming down the pipe line and as others have mentioned, there will be a lot of retirees in the near future
plow

Erie, PA

#1159 Jan 21, 2011
Clint Slope wrote:
While I have not heard any confirmed callbacks, what I have heard is this, first the internal callbacks will be taken care of first. Once that is done what open jobs are left they will goto to those outside based off of service and call back. I am confident that there will be more callbacks on top of this, however this is just my opinion. There is still talk of more work coming down the pipe line and as others have mentioned, there will be a lot of retirees in the near future
see now i was told different. that the ones inside are gonna go to correct codes starting yesturday. due to the fact of the amount of orders within the next 2wks. now i also heard that there is desperate need for everyone to come back asap. true false????
Clint Slope

United States

#1160 Jan 21, 2011
plow wrote:
<quoted text>
see now i was told different. that the ones inside are gonna go to correct codes starting yesturday.
That is what I said just in different words.

As far as your other question, I hope so but corporate needs to OK that first
led

Erie, PA

#1161 Jan 21, 2011
with what was just releast thru the news media things will be very interesting come contract time. however it would be nice to see ge put some new hiers in the plant alot of people who lost ther job need a leg up, just imagine how good emmit would look for our new pres
Wow

Latrobe, PA

#1162 Jan 21, 2011
Maybe people should boycott products made by GE until they bring jobs back to the USA
Robb McC

Erie, PA

#1163 Jan 22, 2011
Wow wrote:
Maybe people should boycott products made by GE until they bring jobs back to the USA
YES! please people,cancel your online orders for locomotives,airplanes,and mining equipment!!!
Please tell us how boycotting helps jobs?? Especially after the company just got concession work from China.....?
laidoff

Cleveland, OH

#1164 Jan 22, 2011
just to let everyone know, i got a call back last week, i have a sept 07 service date. hang in there guys, your time will come soon! good luck everyone.
Ohio Boy

Erie, PA

#1165 Jan 22, 2011
laidoff wrote:
just to let everyone know, i got a call back last week, i have a sept 07 service date. hang in there guys, your time will come soon! good luck everyone.
Did you get called back to your old position , or a new one?
Laidoff

Cleveland, OH

#1166 Jan 22, 2011
I was recalled to my old job. I still need to go take my physical.
Zorro

United States

#1167 Jan 23, 2011
laidoff wrote:
Glad to hear it! From what I hear and see I do believe more will be getting their call too. When I dont know but the sooner the better.
Emerson

Erie, PA

#1168 Jan 28, 2011
Any News or rumors?
waitingwaitingwa iting

North Royalton, OH

#1169 Jan 28, 2011
any new callbacks this week? are there jobs posted ?
Robb McC

Erie, PA

#1170 Jan 28, 2011
2 pages the other day about a page today-all high coded jobs-so a trickle down effect of openings is coming...
laidoff

Dallas, TX

#1171 Jan 28, 2011
I heard only several are being recalled in the next month. But I heard from a non union employee to prepare for 90 call backs in the next 2-3 months.
Robb McC

Erie, PA

#1172 Jan 29, 2011
openings pop up as lower coded jobs open-its a process,but once the lower codes open they need to be filled;no set time,but its gonna happen soon enough
Emerson

Erie, PA

#1173 Jan 29, 2011
Any Chance early retirment Package b4 contract? how will the effect the shape of things?
Horatio Hornblower

Erie, PA

#1174 Jan 30, 2011
never see SERO's again cost the co. to much $
Zorro

United States

#1175 Jan 30, 2011
Horatio Hornblower wrote:
never see SERO's again cost the co. to much $
In my opinion there is a good chance it will happen this year again. I believe the company will make a good push to get as many senior employees, eligible to retire to do so. Just my opinion but time will tell us all
Emerson

Erie, PA

#1176 Jan 30, 2011
Hope so. Good article in the paper today, Ill take it. Id REALLY like to get back to work this year.

Since: Aug 10

Harrison, NJ

#1177 Jan 31, 2011
I pray that the situation does not play out in Erie that happened at other GE plants when the company pushed for the Senior employees to retire. It cut the closing costs to a point where it was profitable to close the plant. Been there and don't want it to happen here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looks like GE 506 Union will stand pat 1 min g33mploy33 28
A new and improved Backwater army 40 min ZUGZWANG 11
Oh God, if Trump should be impeached 42 min haha 28
What will GE Trans look like after the Septembe... 1 hr bird in the hand 5
John Persinger 1 hr Dolt Watch Watch 29
Pettit from Penn Dot says Roundabouts are safe 2 hr George Jefferson 6
When the Irish invaded Canada - We sabotaged th... 2 hr Ontario Avengerr 4
GE pension buyout 5 hr Bob Cat 28
How are negotiations going with union and GE.? 14 hr Chasing dreams 89

Erie Jobs