GE to shift work, jobs to Fort Worth locomotive plant from Pennsylvania

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: Star-Telegram.com 47

General Electric plans to shift more work and jobs from its century-old locomotive plant in Pennsylvania to a new plant in far north Fort Worth, a top executive said Tuesday.

Full Story
tax man

United States

#22 Apr 11, 2013
.GE doesn't pay federal taxes, we have $108 billon dollars "hidden" overseas.
living in Erie

Erie, PA

#23 Apr 11, 2013
TaxNoMore wrote:
My, who will pay for all those overpaid lazy cops, mattress fire-people, donut eating pot hole fillers, and worthless teachers.
Maybe someone should "reassess" their criminal wages and benefits.
I don't understand the hate for GE. We need these jobs to keep Erie growing and going. Now what? Does this make you happy? Not me!!
BravoGE

Erie, PA

#24 Apr 11, 2013
Zugzwang wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry there dipsy but I don't work at GE:-D I am Union though and support ALL Union brothers and sisters. You sound like a typical boss who failed upwards but managed to control your gag reflex so you still have employment.
Whether I am right about that or not, you can be sure that the only visit from Aunt Flow that I deal with is the mother/daughter combination supplied by your wife and oldest daughter. Their periods are in sync!
1. You couldn't satisfy my wife with the micro penis I suspect you are sporting.

2. My oldest daughter is 10 so I guess that makes you a pedophile.

Do all your union thugs and thugettes know what a degenerate they have in their midst?
ex- dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#25 Apr 11, 2013
no one cares about the teachers or fireman or pot hole fillers or the road Nazi police . as long as old G.E. makes there profit . and turns that TOUGH union into yes men . like they did in dover and all over lighting so they had to take a 2 tier ass reaming ,in threat of there 30+ an hour gravy job .h.r. told me no one quits .e. when I gave my notice . but when you are a tool and die maker making less than out side firms pay and paying gas . y not ? SCREW THE GREED AND THE 30$ WALL MART GREETERS . can you say welcome to wall mart???you got your cushy job by luck !
ex- dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#26 Apr 11, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
Should have gotten rid of Erie Plant when I was in charge. Congrats Simonelli, job well done. Now try to focus on how to get those retirement benefits erased.
guys at our plant said erie union never took no sh$t . but know what are they going to do ?? Im telling you all 2 tier and wage concessions are on there way !!!! look at ohio lamp whats going on right now ...
Worker

United States

#27 Apr 11, 2013
This is long over due. There are assemblers in Erie making 150,000+ a year and that's a bunch of crap. Mot of them dont even have a college degree.
The Union took advantage of GE and now they are backed into a mercy hole.
Yes, bring the work to the Texas non-union envionment where they will work for a fair/competitive salary opposed to demanding an unwarranted 40+ dollars an hour.
Wake up union!!! Stop trying to be legal mobs and you will not be where you are today.
tx machinist

Dallas, TX

#29 Apr 11, 2013
Lib to the hell yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair/competitive salary. If that is a fair/competitive salary I'll take it as long as CEO Jeff Immelt who makes in the neighborhood of $10,000 per hour takes that fair/competitive salary as well.
Do you have any problem with that plan? He can't work any more than 8 hours in an 8 hour day, same as me, right?
It's funny how people complain about what Immelt makes when it's in his contract and the bonuses are based on how the company does. The union negotiates your contract and then you vote on it. Sounds hypocritical and like your jealous that he just got a better contract than you.
Cge

Erie, PA

#31 Apr 11, 2013
Jack Welch wrote:
Should have gotten rid of Erie Plant when I was in charge. Congrats Simonelli, job well done. Now try to focus on how to get those retirement benefits erased.
Its people like you that are ruining the united states! You obviously don't care about people and there families. I hope it all comes back to bite you one day that way everyone can sit back and laugh at you when it does. Your going to need the help one day and it won't be there for you
ex dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#32 Apr 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Not jealous at all. I was responding to Worker who seemed to think it wrong that assemblers at our plant made 150K per year. It was negotiated that they can do that as Immelt negotiated his contract.
But if we're going to complain about who shouldn't get money they negotiated for, I simply suggest we start at the top.
And BTW it's true Immelt can't work anymore than 8 hours in an 8 hour day but people like Worker don't understand the nature of capitalism. If I get paid for merely being present for 7.9 hours, but in that last portion of my 8 hour day solve a unique or cost saving problem, the capitalist system rewards in kind whether people like Worker approve or not.
Maybe his lack of understanding regarding capitalism is why he isn't at GE for $30 per hour. And maybe that's why you make less.
lets see = 150,000 a year g.e. assembler. 40,000 a year g.e. journeyman tool and die maker g.e. lighting . same company with a 4 year education .... something doesn't add up does it?????????
nuggethead

Murrysville, PA

#33 Apr 12, 2013
Jack welch, I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire!
ex dead end job employee

Massillon, OH

#35 Apr 14, 2013
it look's like maybe one of the 3 four wheelers or a camper or a sports car or maybe one of the 3 Harley's might have to go now.
ex dead end jobs employee

Akron, OH

#36 Apr 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Not jealous at all. I was responding to Worker who seemed to think it wrong that assemblers at our plant made 150K per year. It was negotiated that they can do that as Immelt negotiated his contract.
But if we're going to complain about who shouldn't get money they negotiated for, I simply suggest we start at the top.
And BTW it's true Immelt can't work anymore than 8 hours in an 8 hour day but people like Worker don't understand the nature of capitalism. If I get paid for merely being present for 7.9 hours, but in that last portion of my 8 hour day solve a unique or cost saving problem, the capitalist system rewards in kind whether people like Worker approve or not.
Maybe his lack of understanding regarding capitalism is why he isn't at GE for $30 per hour. And maybe that's why you make less.
maybe that is why he isn't making 30$ an hr. but maybe that's why 950 people less are no longer making 30$ an hr anymore at erie ..

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#37 Apr 21, 2013
Good afternoon. Just passing through checking on things.
Management

Erie, PA

#38 Apr 21, 2013
Another company destroyed by UNION greed!!
truth

Erie, PA

#39 Apr 21, 2013
Management wrote:
Another company destroyed by UNION greed!!
Read it fool.

http://www.goerie.com/profits-climb-at-ge-tra...
jack

Richwood, OH

#40 Apr 21, 2013
from a business standpoint it's a great idea to close the erie plant and fire all those low lifes making $50 per hour.

By moving to texas's non-union plant, the CEO will now make $166,500,000 per year instead of $160,245,000 per year.
ex dead end jobs employee

Akron, OH

#41 Apr 21, 2013
yes I guess it would suck to be a business owner in erie . also bad for the young ones out of school wont be able to get a job at walmart now because all the lay off employees are going to take those jobs now . say welcome to walmart.
x dead end job employee

Akron, OH

#42 Jul 13, 2013
I was right 2 tier ... that's what erie is proposing for new hire's. that's fine as long as it saves your skin . but when the new hires determine your retirement.. that's gonna be a game changer
The real deal

Pittsburgh, PA

#43 Oct 22, 2013
Just remember , most 2 tier workers are on food stamps.

Since: Nov 12

Philippines

#44 Oct 23, 2013
nice thread. thanks for sharing that information. it was very informative.
[url=http://www.legacylegal.co m/credit-education/credit-topi cs/credit-repair-services.asp] Credit Repair Services[/url]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Music (Nov '10) 45 min Oh my achin ass 835
The Big White Truck's keeping all creekers safe 48 min ZUGZWANG 3
In brief: Edinboro University mum on absence of... 50 min ZUGZWANG 10
JuliaAnn Calipo Fire at 235 East 32nd 52 min Crazy kathy 52
Good Cents Grocery closing 53 min ZUGZWANG 27
In Brief: Man to serve up to 80 years in Erie C... 55 min Lonnie Mack 13
Isis (Aug '14) 55 min Tac 35
Coach Orlando beats down town drunk 11 hr smells like a skunk 110
Who is this Mike Colegrande from Best Fitness? Fri Kaaaaa 33
Erie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:09PM
Reports: Browns still in the mix for Josh McCown
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
NFL 5:17 AM
Kiko Alonso will 'definitely' be 100 percent by camp
Yahoo! Sports 7:21 AM
Mad Dash: Rex Ryan now driving a huge Buffalo Bills truck
Yahoo! Sports 4:05 PM
Browns agree to terms with QB McCown