Joe Weindorf is done

Posted in the Erie Forum

“Now or Never”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 14, 2009
Just got canned
YeaRight

Erie, PA

#2 Aug 14, 2009
HOPEFULLY this is JUST THE BEGINNING!!!!!!!!!
once again

Erie, PA

#3 Aug 14, 2009
well Ann, there is a GOD

Since: Aug 09

North pole

#4 Aug 14, 2009
Next comes Crappy and Shmith.
Spellbinder

Germany

#5 Aug 14, 2009
Santa Clause wrote:
Next comes Crappy and Shmith.
As though you could do better, Paul.
outsidepolitical observer

Erie, PA

#6 Aug 14, 2009
...just remember that Mazzone was a dirtbag who would turn in his own mother or afro-american loving niece or Lesbo sister to make the almighty buck. He's a wannabe cop who flashes his tin badge more than he needs...I wouldn't trust him plus he's Fiore's nephew.
Gary Ames

Erie, PA

#7 Aug 14, 2009
Wasn't it Mr. DiVecchio that broke the rules when he had government workers doing work for himself thus taking them away from doing work for the citizens. At least Mr. Weindorf was breaking the rules in favor of protecting the citizens and not getting his private work done around his house. Who was supposed to fire DiVecchio when he broke the rules. They must not be doing their job.

Since: Jul 09

Erie

#8 Aug 14, 2009
OMG, you are comparing apples to oranges. It takes a real person to step up and say hey I made a mistake. What kind of person goes behind everyones backs and then keeps two separate books, like a thief? He was told not to do it and he continued. If Mark DiVecchio had continue to have the county plow out his driveway, then yea he has a consequence to face. By the way, those of us on the eastside of town do not get our roads plowed by the city. We get a swipe if we are lucky. Then we have to dig out our mailboxes or we don't get any mail. Your County Executive has to be able to get out to go to emergencies all hours of the day and night. Betcha Sinnots' street is plowed thoroughly, and of course all the street guys houses, too.
St_ Francis

Akron, OH

#9 Aug 15, 2009
Joe is a leader that supported the department employees and did what needed to be done to make the system work. He went to the administration and legislature several times for resources and guidance and got nothing to keep the system working. People knew what was happening at the center and Joe is taking the fall. Consolidation to one facility is not an option, but a mandate from the State. Who in their right mind is going to take up this job knowing that there is minimal support from an administration with less than five months of life in it and a legislature that is tied up with a free speech controversy and gaming funds issues? Let's look at the support given to the folks responding to emergencies in this community by the administration and legislature. That is where the problem lies.
snag

Erie, PA

#10 Aug 15, 2009
Joe used to work within a system that held accountable people who broke the law - think about that! The rule of law set forth was one labor hour system - not two - the law of the County is firm.
Good ethical leaders follow the law - system, weather we like it or not and work to change it ethically if they can!
If "others" are involved, that needs to be determined by County Council / County Admin.
Taxpayers await an answer - we vote!
Wish Joe the best in retirement - to spend more time with the family - less stress for sure.

Since: Aug 09

Erie, PA

#11 Aug 16, 2009
Gary Ames wrote:
Wasn't it Mr. DiVecchio that broke the rules when he had government workers doing work for himself thus taking them away from doing work for the citizens. At least Mr. Weindorf was breaking the rules in favor of protecting the citizens and not getting his private work done around his house. Who was supposed to fire DiVecchio when he broke the rules. They must not be doing their job.
Just because he can dish it out doesn't mean he can take it. He would have howled just as loud if someone tried to fire him.
Read Closer

Erie, PA

#12 Aug 16, 2009
St_ Francis wrote:
Joe is a leader that supported the department employees and did what needed to be done to make the system work. He went to the administration and legislature several times for resources and guidance and got nothing to keep the system working. People knew what was happening at the center and Joe is taking the fall. Consolidation to one facility is not an option, but a mandate from the State. Who in their right mind is going to take up this job knowing that there is minimal support from an administration with less than five months of life in it and a legislature that is tied up with a free speech controversy and gaming funds issues? Let's look at the support given to the folks responding to emergencies in this community by the administration and legislature. That is where the problem lies.
In reviewing the 911 act, it does not mandate, but recommends one PSAP..which the county has, one 911 answering point...and makes allowances for remote dispatch points, which obviously the remotes in Erie run circles around the County center. It also recommends that one facility be enacted where it is technologically and financially possible, where obviously here it is not financially possible. And I am sure the taxpayers are going to be thrilled making up for the 5 million dollar shortfall the Garage Mahal has brought. The word mandate is not used in the act..and if it is not written, it didn't happen. Lets call a spade a spade, as this whole disaster was one persons pipe dream to political stardom, which has now fizzled into a huge financial and operational disaster.

Since: Jul 09

Erie

#13 Aug 16, 2009
Munchkinsmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because he can dish it out doesn't mean he can take it. He would have howled just as loud if someone tried to fire him.
Some people can admit when they have committed a wrong. Not hide behind every excuse under the sun. Oh geez, I can't make a decision, I cannot handle the stress medically. Because we all know how stressful knee surgery can be, life threatening. The whole point is WEINDORF was told to stop doing it, that it was not going to be signed off on. Did he stop, no...big difference in what man you are referring too. Mark DiVecchio with Ms. Weber on his ass 24/7 has answered for his wrong and where necessary has made corrections/concessions. Nobody would have known what was happening with Weindorf, except Mr. Stossmeister said something, because he deserves the money he earned.
Fast Eddie

Youngstown, OH

#14 Aug 16, 2009
Erie8 wrote:
<quoted text>Some people can admit when they have committed a wrong. Not hide behind every excuse under the sun. Oh geez, I can't make a decision, I cannot handle the stress medically. Because we all know how stressful knee surgery can be, life threatening. The whole point is WEINDORF was told to stop doing it, that it was not going to be signed off on. Did he stop, no...big difference in what man you are referring too. Mark DiVecchio with Ms. Weber on his ass 24/7 has answered for his wrong and where necessary has made corrections/concessions. Nobody would have known what was happening with Weindorf, except Mr. Stossmeister said something, because he deserves the money he earned.
Divecchio has compromised the integrity of his elected office so many times I've run out of fingers. Divecchio plain and simple has taken money and services from county taxpayers he has never been entitled to. Some people would call it theft. People like you make excuses for him. But if you rob a bank, then apologize and return the money, the FBI doesn't say thanks. They charge your ass and prosecute you.

Now easy on that coke....it's clouding your judgement.

Since: Jul 09

Erie

#15 Aug 16, 2009
Why are you insisting that I have a need or a problem with cocaine? What does that have to do with this or any thread?
K Mac

United States

#18 Aug 17, 2009
Weindorf was a scapegoat. He wasn't the first good person to take a fall, he won't be the last. He's too decent to work for DiVecchio. DiVecchio isn't fit to shine his shoes.
snag

Erie, PA

#19 Aug 17, 2009
Got to wonder, where was Sue Weber, where was County Council with the cash to run it??? DiVecchio the lame duck????????? They are to response to make sure the public is safe!!
I think it's more important to save a life than to extend a runway, have a party a the bayfront convention center, civic center financial black holes!!
Oh, wonder how the County will pay for all that mess also, just no vision!!
Another Voice

Akron, OH

#21 Aug 17, 2009
A Good Read wrote:
Please read http://www.globalerie.com/dalehannah/ and read the comments for the full story.
Now we have both sides, it's hard to determine who is telling the truth..maybe it's time for the Administration to give their verision or counter of this report?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diversity in the Erie Police Department 1 hr Dacasse 50
Doug Wilson and Cher Concert 1 hr Doug Wilson 2
Ryan Bizzarro's First Term Accomplishments 1 hr mike kelly 56
Police probe fatal shooting in east Erie 1 hr Trayvon 3
I'll try this again 2 hr captainunderwear 17
Minorities not interested in police work: Lette... 2 hr Zugzwang 47
Lonley Country Girl 5 hr TALLY 25
Fight at Ghetto-Mart Thu Slow Down 50
Erie Dating
Find my Match

Erie Jobs

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Erie News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Erie

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]