First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Joe Doakey

Erie, PA

#21 Jul 30, 2012
Tacks Know More wrote:
<quoted text>Those are shit jobs not teaching jobs or at least jobs that make over 50K a year. Nice Try!
Shit job should refer to how you do your work. You are a moron as EVERYONE knows that nepotism is what runs the ESD. It used to be a joke that your last name had to end in a vowel. It then changed that you couldn't retire until your child was ready to take your place. You are making an azz of yourself asserting that there is no nepotism in the ESD. The sole fiduciary problem with the ESD is the obnoxious salary and benefits of the teachers and administrators. No other workers get paid anything close. In fact the janitors and other staff suffer as their pay does not increase because their increase is needed for the never ending greed of the teachers union. Any ESD employee who is not a teacher or administrator needs to realize that they are being screwed by the teachers union and their wages will never compare to the teachers as long as the union has control. The union that represents non teachers and administrators should go after the teacher salaries to bring their pay up to par.
Rediculous

United States

#22 Jul 31, 2012
Those shit jobs get people in the door and advance to better areas. I'm not a teacher and I make over 50k. Oh yea, so who's the loser now?
I agree with Joe, what ever the teachers union says everyone seems to think they have to follow.
Btw, I work hard for the money I make. Not all the time, some times its easy but I know I work harder.
Joe Doakey

Erie, PA

#23 Jul 31, 2012
Rediculous wrote:
Those shit jobs get people in the door and advance to better areas. I'm not a teacher and I make over 50k. Oh yea, so who's the loser now?
I agree with Joe, what ever the teachers union says everyone seems to think they have to follow.
Btw, I work hard for the money I make. Not all the time, some times its easy but I know I work harder.
If you do more than sit at your desk and pass failing kids then you certainly do work harder, MUCH harder!
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#24 Jul 31, 2012
Rediculous wrote:
Like I said, the jobs they are doing are shit jobs that barely pay above minimum wage. It ain't like they are starting at 50K a year. You think a trash bin cleaner is going to advance to a job that requires 4 years of college without actually going? Snort another line.
You make above 50K a year? Good for you. Tell Joe how you did it and maybe he will follow suit. As far as to whether you HAVE to go along with what the teachers Union contract says, you do. It's the law. Try NOT paying your School taxes and see how long it takes before the District puts a lien on your property and throws it up for Sheriffs sale. If you are still paying a mortgage on your house, and escrowing your taxes, it's already getting deducted and paid.
My theory on the whole "working harder" thing is, "Work smarter NOT harder".
Jealousy and envy boys. That's all it is.
aeiou

Erie, PA

#25 Jul 31, 2012
Tacks Know More wrote:
<quoted text>You think a trash bin cleaner is going to advance to a job that requires 4 years of college without actually going? Snort another line.
Oh it happens and its criminal. But the public voted them in, now they hire friends and family.
Just Me

United States

#26 Aug 6, 2012
Bond reduced for defendant in Erie schools gas-card case
By ED PALATTELLA, Erie Times-News
ed.palattella@timesnews.com
Advertisement
A former Erie School District substitute custodian accused of using stolen district gas cards to sell fuel to others had his bond reduced today.

Thomas Skopow, 25, of the 900 block of East 41st St., has been at the Erie County Prison on $25,000 bond since his arraignment on July 26 before Erie Erie 6th Ward District Judge Dominick DiPaolo, who set the bond.

Erie County President Judge Ernest J. DiSantis Jr. today reduced the bond to $2,500, or 10 percent of the full amount of $25,000. The District Attorney's Office did not object to the reduction, which DiSantis said was appropriate under the circumstances of the case.

The Erie School District police charged Skopow with one count of criminal trespass and eight counts each of theft by unlawful taking, receiving stolen property and access device fraud.

Police accused Skopow of making $13,700 in purchases using the stolen gas cards from April 11 through July 17. Police said he used the gas cards to buy fuel for other people, and that those people would pay him for half the price of the gas after he filled the tanks of their vehicles.

Skopow was not an Erie School District employee at the time police allege he purchased he gas. The district fired him in March, after four years at the district, according to court records.

Initial court filings in the case incorrectly spelled his last name Skowpow.

His bond should have been set at $6850. His "half" of what he stole...$13700

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Want Dave Belmondo 45 min Forum reader 22
Former County Council candidate Styn to run for... 1 hr Running for EC 60
Donna Reese for Supervisor 2 hr Creeker 154
Ryan Bizzaro's beard 3 hr Erie Legend 4
sue weber to run for county coroner (Mar '13) 5 hr Paul M 28
dump club rollin super weekend wit a quarter pound 7 hr tone 3
Sonya Arrington Running for Council 7 hr Taxpayer 14

Winter Storm Warning for Erie County was issued at January 31 at 2:15PM EST

Erie Dating
Find my Match