Millcreek mall turned into low life h...

Millcreek mall turned into low life hangout

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mall rat

Erie, PA

#1 Feb 20, 2012
I went to the millcreek mall the other day and it's more of a hangout for hoodlems then anything they should make it to were if your not spending money then get out
caza ouns117

Erie, PA

#2 Feb 20, 2012
Mall rat wrote:
I went to the millcreek mall the other day and it's more of a hangout for hoodlems then anything they should make it to were if your not spending money then get out
There has been more police calls there for fights and thefts then ever last year then ever if you want a piece of the eastside then go there
McGurk

Erie, PA

#3 Feb 20, 2012
Everything is going down the sh!tter. The malls, YMCA, etc....s=Sign of the societal times. Now you know why an Obama could be elected.
johnny

Erie, PA

#4 Feb 20, 2012
the mall is overrated..its not really a cool place to hangout..i just go there to shop for what i need and get the heck out of there.
Jane Doe

Erie, PA

#5 Feb 20, 2012
Better to hang out at the mall than at Wal-mart. I do agree the mall is starting to become ghetto, espcially in the food court. I blame Burlington Coat factory!
Watcher

Erie, PA

#6 Feb 21, 2012
its only a matter of time before something serious happens with those ex-cons and wanna be's (black and white) hanging in the same place
Gay Boy

Erie, PA

#9 Feb 21, 2012
Is it a gay hang-out??
yes it is

Titusville, PA

#10 Feb 21, 2012
Wonderful place to pickup for gay activity.

The strait women don't come around, left many guys turning to gay sex.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#11 Feb 21, 2012
yes it is wrote:
Wonderful place to pickup for gay activity.
The strait women don't come around, left many guys turning to gay sex.
Can you meet me at the Pet Shop?? Say 5:00pm today. I will be grooming my poodle.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#12 Feb 21, 2012
Stu Pedaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you meet me at the Pet Shop?? Say 5:00pm today. I will be grooming my poodle.
You trolling fake Stu. All my gay buds know I have 2 kittens.
johnny

Erie, PA

#13 Feb 21, 2012
Obama wrote:
remember when the erie central mall went dark... same scenario here
when did the erie central mall close?
Robespierre Lafontaine

Erie, PA

#14 Feb 21, 2012
It's goodto see people waking up to this nasty bit of business.

Indeed, the Millcreek Mall is now a common destination for the ghetto slime.

The whole point of a mall is to provide a safe, relaxing environment for merchants in the suburbs because downtown business districts everywhere have been over-run criminals and bums at a magnitutde not seen in the early half of the prior century, made worse by various social policies.

Erie has perhaps one of the more extreme, bizarre configurations I've ever seen, where there are an excess of social services for the most desperate within a block of the main thouroughfare and former business district. Within three blocks of State street, you have the Welfare office in the same building as upper-end lounge and middle-scale apartments, two soup kitchens, three homeless shelters most within a block of the main drag. It makes no sense. And that's not even counting the colony of low-rent housing high-rises.

So it should be no surprise that the downtown looks like the Night of the Living Homeless. Erie has declared their backyard is everyone elses main street. And the scourge of slumlords has crossed westward of State street. This will eventually turn Gannon into an enclave under attack form the barbarians that will surround it. A university does not have the luxury enjoyed by the neighboring finance district where all the employees of the banks and governemnt offices can flee the downtown after five p.m.

Indeed look at how the dessicated downtown is arranged. First, you have the kings men: the federal courthouse on South Park Row and the FBI on 8th & State, the Highmark building.

Then you have the Dukes offices, the governors liason, at the 100 State Street building along with the financial heavy-hitters, UBS, Wells Fargo, and Mellon over-looking the bay harbor. Next we have the Earl's offices, the city mayoral and council offices, surrounded by the retail banks and county courthouse, and not least of all, the government muscle, the police, not only close but in the same physical building as the city government ofices.

Next you have a smattering of expensive pubs and lunch diners for the local nobility to visit, which promptly close down after five, excepting the taverns. Finally you have hundreds of dwellings for the poor and afflicted, and a handful of cheap diners and bars for them to while away the hours.

In short, Erie is set up like a 21st century fiefdom...
Robespierre Lafontaine

Erie, PA

#15 Feb 21, 2012
As for the mall and its ills, the problem is a misperception that drives the bus lines. The outdated idea is that by affording a constant ferry from the downtown to the mall, there will be more people to shop. In reality, the mall could easily draw its employment from the surrounding suburbs and thepeople visiting from downtown, by majority, have no intention of making retailpurchases, it's simply a shiny spectacle to escape the ghetto glum and insinuate themselves in better company and settings than they could normally otherwise. Its no secret that anywhere you find thorughbred stallions, you're sure to find the flies that feel compelled to follow.

The solution, which works for other parts of the surrounding area, is simple but not likely to be implemented. Simply shut down mall-bound bus departures after five from the down town. This is the most Alexandrian solution and most effective, but it would create a furor among those who feel entitled to cheap passage to an area where they have no intention of shopping; more condemnably have more intent to cause trouble in the otherwise civilized millieu.

A second approach is more likely, simply creating an atmosphere of hostilit towards trouble-makers that is proactive from law-enforcement. This creates a social problem though because of racial disparities in economic classes, and such a push would undoubtedly be denounced as racist, especially since malls tend to encourage loitering. However a swift proactive campaign to discourage trouble-makers where on-sight bans and physical removal permanently of trouble-makers would yeild imporvement over time. However it would fall into the hands of mall security, not law enforcement. That means security has to keep their eyes peeld for returnging problems as well as new ones. I dont know how much effort you can expect from mall security; they get paid regardless how distrubing the environment becomes unless a new standard is promulgated from the mall authority.

The last approach is less likely but just as effective; simply open a new mall where the busline is not welcome. You already see a version of this in some strip malls and plazas. However without an indoor uniting concourse, they are not as attractive to shoppers to stay and relax. Plazas, for the most part, are mostly in&out affairs.
Mall Gangsta

Erie, PA

#17 Feb 21, 2012
They see me loitering. They hatin'. Tryin' to catch me shopping dirty.
thissitesucks

Titusville, PA

#21 Feb 22, 2012
Oh please, people have been hanging out at the Millcreek Mall since I was in junior high school 20 years ago and more than likely a lot longer than that. Every Saturday you had scores of teenagers, of all races, hanging out, smoking in the Pits, oogling each other, wanding around, not buying anything, eating at Pizza Boy or McD's and then getting on the city bus to head home. No one was thugging, shooting, stealing, we were just hanging out and having a good time. Better than drugging, drinking and getting knocked up!

What is up with this new "snob" "elite" attitude around here? Erie has a 30 percent poverty rate, my personal interactions with the locals prove that the IQ level is low (that includes "educated" individuals), yet certain individuals strut around like they are in Manhattan or Beverly Hills.

Back in the 90s, when I was in high school/college, Erie had plenty of jobs, a lower poverty rate, many more opportunities, as a college student my worry was WHAT JOB do I take, not WHERE DO I find a job! I frequented the Perry Square library, where the homeless used to bathe in the bathroom, and there were plenty of weirdos around downtown. But for some reason back then, there was no need for million dollar condos and high class living/resturaunts, etc.

It is like a person who just lost their job pulling out their credit card and going on a shopping spree, that is the mentality around here over the past 10 or so years. Erie is far behind the rest of the country, lacks so many things, sky high poverty rate, YET let us build million dollar condos in downtown Erie for all of these so called professionals who are clamoring to live there. Let us build high end stores, hotels, and resturaunts so that the numerous tourists can shop, sleep, eat in comfort with an impoverished local waiting on/attending to them.

I was born and raised here, ashamed, and this place is becoming even more wacked out each passing day. People used to be a lot more laid back/friendlier around here. Now everyone is just bitter and trashy, or snotty and superior. You have the people who wallow in poverty acting as if it is a way of life, then you have the wanna be snots who think that because the make $11 an hour and wear business casual to work, that they are elite and upper class. This place is a joke. I hate to see what it will be like in another 10 years.
thissitesucks

Titusville, PA

#22 Feb 22, 2012
You sound like an idiot. Have you ever been outside of Erie. Most cities, real cities, have poverty, social services, homeless people, etc downtown. I went to college in a city much bigger than Drearie, and every time I left my dorm room, I was accosted by panhandlers. Anytime I went downtown there were panhandles and homeless right next to high end department stores. Get a grip you flake. Typical, delusional Erie idiot that thinks that Erie is special and deserves luxury.

I swear Erie had a higher than average mentally ill population. And I am not talking about the ones wandering around downtown talking to themselves. I'm talking about the ones who run for office, teach children, arrest criminals, sit on Topix foaming at the mouth, etc.
Robespierre Lafontaine wrote:
As for the mall and its ills, the problem is a misperception that drives the bus lines. The outdated idea is that by affording a constant ferry from the downtown to the mall, there will be more people to shop. In reality, the mall could easily draw its employment from the surrounding suburbs and thepeople visiting from downtown, by majority, have no intention of making retailpurchases, it's simply a shiny spectacle to escape the ghetto glum and insinuate themselves in better company and settings than they could normally otherwise. Its no secret that anywhere you find thorughbred stallions, you're sure to find the flies that feel compelled to follow.
The solution, which works for other parts of the surrounding area, is simple but not likely to be implemented. Simply shut down mall-bound bus departures after five from the down town. This is the most Alexandrian solution and most effective, but it would create a furor among those who feel entitled to cheap passage to an area where they have no intention of shopping; more condemnably have more intent to cause trouble in the otherwise civilized millieu.
A second approach is more likely, simply creating an atmosphere of hostilit towards trouble-makers that is proactive from law-enforcement. This creates a social problem though because of racial disparities in economic classes, and such a push would undoubtedly be denounced as racist, especially since malls tend to encourage loitering. However a swift proactive campaign to discourage trouble-makers where on-sight bans and physical removal permanently of trouble-makers would yeild imporvement over time. However it would fall into the hands of mall security, not law enforcement. That means security has to keep their eyes peeld for returnging problems as well as new ones. I dont know how much effort you can expect from mall security; they get paid regardless how distrubing the environment becomes unless a new standard is promulgated from the mall authority.
The last approach is less likely but just as effective; simply open a new mall where the busline is not welcome. You already see a version of this in some strip malls and plazas. However without an indoor uniting concourse, they are not as attractive to shoppers to stay and relax. Plazas, for the most part, are mostly in&out affairs.
Amnio Joe

Franklin, PA

#23 Feb 22, 2012
Thissitesucks? Which one? The one you just spent about 1000 words on? Straight stab in the dark here, lemme guess; Mid to late 30's, Prep grad, divorced, middle-management, fit as a fiddle, can't find love! How'd I do ?
thissitesucks wrote:
You sound like an idiot. Have you ever been outside of Erie. Most cities, real cities, have poverty, social services, homeless people, etc downtown. I went to college in a city much bigger than Drearie, and every time I left my dorm room, I was accosted by panhandlers. Anytime I went downtown there were panhandles and homeless right next to high end department stores. Get a grip you flake. Typical, delusional Erie idiot that thinks that Erie is special and deserves luxury.
I swear Erie had a higher than average mentally ill population. And I am not talking about the ones wandering around downtown talking to themselves. I'm talking about the ones who run for office, teach children, arrest criminals, sit on Topix foaming at the mouth, etc.
<quoted text>
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#25 Feb 22, 2012
Erie has a 30 percent poverty rate and a Democratic

Party controlled by public sector union thugs.

But that didn't stop Alinsky and his followers from using the middle class for their own purposes.

They counted on the guilt and shame of the white middle class to get what they wanted.

In order to take over institutions and get power, the middle class had to be convinced that they were somehow lucky winners in "life's lottery."

Alinsky's radicals found a perfect vehicle for their destruction of the American system and more particularly for taking and maintaining power.

That instrument was the Democratic Party.
the homeys

Stow, OH

#27 Feb 22, 2012
Boomer wrote:
<quoted text>too many suspicious chimps hanging around looking for drug buys plus trying to shoplift and steal,they sneak around and can't even look you straight in the face,seems like want to run like rats with guilt,just looking for trouble.
Why would anybody give a second glance to some racist cracker? The drug dealers have more money in their pockets than you do which makes them more attractive as potential customers. Stick to ollies bargain outlet where you will be more comfortable shopping with your peers.
Boomer

Marietta, GA

#28 Feb 22, 2012
Atleast we aren't lowlifes like you,typical black bastards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remove Confederate Statues from Capital says N... 5 min Stand by your bel... 6
We Are All Nazis now!!! 15 min Youaredumb 20
Housing blight in Erie, PA. Kudos to the City o... 25 min Just saying 7
How are negotiations going with union and GE.? 41 min Union CPA 38
Barry Dane STEINHAGEN 44 min The Rican 8
Kinzua Dam mysteriously clised 52 min everyone 8
Will blacks change their last names?? 1 hr English 101 4
John Persinger 1 hr Dolt Watch Watch 13
Bizarro must go 1 hr Tyson 38
Mother Theresa Academy 8 hr Freeloaders 51