With no appeal, Erie gun ordinance is...

With no appeal, Erie gun ordinance is no more

There are 38 comments on the Erie Times News story from Feb 18, 2014, titled With no appeal, Erie gun ordinance is no more. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Erie Mayor Joe Sinnott said today that the city is not appealing a Jan. 7 state Commonwealth Court ruling that struck down a 38-year-old city ordinance that banned guns in city parks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Outstanding Racist

Erie, PA

#1 Feb 18, 2014
Go cry harder you fat, doughnut munching, no necked pile of shit!
Flint Westwood

Erie, PA

#2 Feb 18, 2014
Slight correction.....the Erie Gun ordinance never was a valid law as it violated State law which has held precedence since enacted back in 1972.
Apparently the City of Erie passed their illegal ordinance AFTER the enactment of the Uniform Fire Arms Act in 1975/1976 . Anyway the
Pennsylvania Uniform Firearms Act nullified any existing gun laws which were more restrictive then the Act provided for.
Tim Leary

Portage, MI

#3 Feb 18, 2014
Fantastic! This will be great for downtown businesses!:O
Tim Leary

Portage, MI

#4 Feb 18, 2014
I mean, who doesn't want their wife and kids to go shopping amidst. a bunch of gun toting whackjobs?!
neckbeard

Erie, PA

#5 Feb 18, 2014
Yee-Haw!!! Can't wait to bring my AK to Perry Square during events this summer!
Leary is a creep

Sharon, PA

#6 Feb 18, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
I mean, who doesn't want their wife and kids to go shopping amidst. a bunch of gun toting whackjobs?!
Get a job. Pay taxes. Contribute to society. Keep your toothless mouth out of downtown dumpsters. That's all we want from you.
mind your own

Presto, PA

#7 Feb 19, 2014
Tim Leary wrote:
Probably the safest they will ever be
Buddy Hinton

Westlake, OH

#8 Feb 19, 2014
Just disregard Ladyboy Leary. He tinkles in his dainty pink panties every time he sees a gun.
Little Billy

United States

#10 Feb 19, 2014
Mommy! Mommy! Lookie! There's bad men with guns! I don't like Erie Days, Mommie! Take me home! I'm scared!

ROTFLMAO
Dash Riprock

Huron, OH

#11 Feb 19, 2014
Erie is dying anyway.. there is no cure....mayb it needs a bullet ?
Tim Leary

United States

#12 Feb 19, 2014
if this were erie in the old days. if you waved your schlanger in city halls face the way mr. neckbeard is. you would recieve a visit from some friendly gentlemeen to apply persuasion of the error of your ways.
Erie Observer

Joplin, MO

#13 Feb 19, 2014
Typical Erie Liberal Democrats ....Lose the legal & constitutional argument , then post like dysfunctional special education dropouts.
ahaha

Cleveland, OH

#14 Feb 19, 2014
"Educated gun owner" is an oxymoron
dash riprock

Huron, OH

#15 Feb 19, 2014
ahaha wrote:
..and what are you ?
screwedrepublic

Erie, PA

#16 Feb 19, 2014
Do you think the criminals left their guns at home when they went to the park anyways?

No.

So, now the criminals won't be the only ones armed and be able to rob or assault decent people without the fear of being shot.

This is good for all people, not just those that legally carry their guns as now the criminals will have to wonder just who is armed and might shoot their azz.

When will the dumbocrats learn that law abiding, legally licensed firearms owners are not the people they have to worry about.
Erie Observer

Joplin, MO

#17 Feb 19, 2014
ahaha wrote:
Just as I posted earlier & right on cue here comes a dysfunctional "SPED" named "ahaha'" His mother must be so proud!
mind your own

Presto, PA

#18 Feb 19, 2014
This is a joke. Do you really think that anyone carrying a firearm downtown ever went out of their way to walk around the park? Lol . no one even knew this was a law until recently. exactly what will be different?
ahaha

Cleveland, OH

#19 Feb 19, 2014
Erie Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as I posted earlier & right on cue here comes a dysfunctional "SPED" named "ahaha'" His mother must be so proud!
What are you so scared of? So much fear in you. There is nothing to be scared of unless you make yourself a target.
Erie Taxpayer

Erie, PA

#20 Feb 19, 2014
One Item being Overlooked:
Erie County Court COMPLETELY ignored Pennsylvania Law and ruled that the Erie Ordinance against Open Carry in a Park was legal..
Once again, it looks like Erie Court of Common Pleas is an Overpaid, Underworked, Tool of the Mayor and his thuggish SWAT squad.
IMHO, Ernie DeSantis is not qualified to run a FISH STAND, let alone a Court of Law.
I hope that the Open Carry group sues the City of Erie and the County of Erie to recover legal costs.
erie observer

Joplin, MO

#21 Feb 19, 2014
ahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you so scared of? So much fear in you. There is nothing to be scared of unless you make yourself a target.
I am not scared of any thing or anybody ...just prepared! Sorry SPED, but on this issue you are on the wrong side of the law , the constitution & common sense.
Here is a thought for you.....A Home invasion at your house! What are you going to do, interview the perps? feed them milk & cookies? watch your wife & daughters be assaulted? get beaten up yourself or killed?
No sense calling the police for help...when seconds count , minutes do not help..... call them after you have addressed the problem , it is your responsibility to be the first defender .
You need to understand it is not the legal gun owner who is the problem , it is the criminal element , the lunatic or the deranged
I sincerely hope you never are faced with a need to address the situation above, it is obvious you or your family would be in harms way with tragic results quite likely.
I have been a licensed gun owner for 50 years, never had to use a weapon . I hope I never will but if perps break into my house or assault me ....they will pay the price.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gary Horton bumps into a street sign... decides... 2 min ZUGZWANG 15
Smart meter 1 hr Chuck le 3
LP twnshp cops in harborcreek 2 hr ZUGZWANG 35
Laura Eaton steals Freedom among other things 2 hr Erie Dem Committe... 10
News Erie 366: City's seasonal Parks Department crew... 2 hr ZUGZWANG 5
GE set to announce closing 2 hr ZUGZWANG 304
Clinton's Choppers 4 hr Blue Dress 2
Will G.E announce a plant closing? 4 hr Mr LB 56
GE recalling employees 20 hr tim leary 25
Mike palermo (Jan '14) Thu Olivia 169