Haggertys Bar and Grill West 26th

Posted in the Erie Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
PatronPride

Akron, OH

#1 Apr 18, 2013
I have been a long time frequent patron of this establishment. I have spoken with Mr. Haggerty many times in his bar and the people here are a good time. Very good atmosphere, they have everything you could want for a local pub. Good food, cold beer, all sorts of recreation, flat screen TVs, good people.

There have been changes though that I have noticed and now I can't help it but have to speak on them. Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Haggerty himself knows whatís going on.

First and foremost favoritism has taken over. The new manager seems to think she can run the establishment like itís her own real life soap opera or reality TV show. She will make a decision the first 5 minutes she interacts with you at the bar and its over from there.

Either youíre in her good graces (which means you will always get served first, never get an attitude from her, and she will never ignore you or cut you off no matter how much you have drank. She will always ignore others before you, and she will always apologize to you when she seems in a bad mood)

Or

She immediately despise you, she will ignore you every time you come to the bar for a drink.(She will always speak nasty to you, even if you are polite all the time. She will even slam bottles around and take her frustration out on you even though you are not the cause of them and have nothing to do with them what so ever)

Now as far as Iím concerned this is bad for business. I have long time attended this bar and I am also noticing a decline of people, and attitude. Regulars are even being treated rudely when management is upset, or the crowd at the bar is too much for her to handle.

Also let me say this, I have no problem with needing to control out of control customers, people who have drank too much, etc. But this establishment used to get packed all the time (with good people). Now even the regulars donít want to come in when sheís tending bar because itís just out of line, uncalled for and ridiculous the way she treats people.
I really like this place and the people that stop in, but enough is enough. I have been part of this bar before there was a lot of this nonsense and usually I would not say anything. I think this forum is a good place I can express my anger without jeopardizing my ability to attend as I usually do. I would also like to say I am only reflecting on this from the actions of management inside the bar. I am speaking from a business standpoint only not a personal one. I just donít feel that the establishment is being run in a proper way now and it is ruining a great place.
teabag Leary

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 18, 2013
PatronPride wrote:
I have been a long time frequent patron of this establishment. I have spoken with Mr. Haggerty many times in his bar and the people here are a good time. Very good atmosphere, they have everything you could want for a local pub. Good food, cold beer, all sorts of recreation, flat screen TVs, good people.

There have been changes though that I have noticed and now I can't help it but have to speak on them. Sometimes I wonder if Mr. Haggerty himself knows what’s going on.

First and foremost favoritism has taken over. The new manager seems to think she can run the establishment like it’s her own real life soap opera or reality TV show. She will make a decision the first 5 minutes she interacts with you at the bar and its over from there.

Either you’re in her good graces (which means you will always get served first, never get an attitude from her, and she will never ignore you or cut you off no matter how much you have drank. She will always ignore others before you, and she will always apologize to you when she seems in a bad mood)

Or

She immediately despise you, she will ignore you every time you come to the bar for a drink.(She will always speak nasty to you, even if you are polite all the time. She will even slam bottles around and take her frustration out on you even though you are not the cause of them and have nothing to do with them what so ever)

Now as far as I’m concerned this is bad for business. I have long time attended this bar and I am also noticing a decline of people, and attitude. Regulars are even being treated rudely when management is upset, or the crowd at the bar is too much for her to handle.

Also let me say this, I have no problem with needing to control out of control customers, people who have drank too much, etc. But this establishment used to get packed all the time (with good people). Now even the regulars don’t want to come in when she’s tending bar because it’s just out of line, uncalled for and ridiculous the way she treats people.
I really like this place and the people that stop in, but enough is enough. I have been part of this bar before there was a lot of this nonsense and usually I would not say anything. I think this forum is a good place I can express my anger without jeopardizing my ability to attend as I usually do. I would also like to say I am only reflecting on this from the actions of management inside the bar. I am speaking from a business standpoint only not a personal one. I just don’t feel that the establishment is being run in a proper way now and it is ruining a great place.
Get a life.
someguy

Erie, PA

#3 Apr 18, 2013
Find another bar. There are only about 35 million in Erie. Or better yet become a productive member of society.
Real Tim Leary

Mansfield, OH

#4 Apr 18, 2013
I go there quite a bit and I like the men there. It is a bit smokie at times and it hurts my wittle eyes. I like the men's room the best. Some of the guys will even let me watch good while they pee.
Been there

Erie, PA

#5 Apr 18, 2013
Who is the manager there now? Please don't tell me it is Alice. You wrote as if you're speaking about her? Regardless, that is one crazy woman. As fake as they come. Vindictive, man hating, crazy woman. Lost a previous management job due to a meltdown. I really like Haggertys and the owners as well but myself and many others I know won't go in there or walk right back out when she is working. Can't even stand to look at her and that fake smile!
Tim Leary

Mansfield, OH

#6 Apr 18, 2013
Been there wrote:
Who is the manager there now? Please don't tell me it is Alice. You wrote as if you're speaking about her? Regardless, that is one crazy woman. As fake as they come. Vindictive, man hating, crazy woman. Lost a previous management job due to a meltdown. I really like Haggertys and the owners as well but myself and many others I know won't go in there or walk right back out when she is working. Can't even stand to look at her and that fake smile!
Ah go BLOW IT OUT YOUR ASS, ya little whiner.
Tim Leary

Erie, PA

#8 Apr 18, 2013
She sounds like she has that narcissistic personality disorder just like I do. I should take my meds tonight and ask her out. My blow up sex doll is all worn out from last night.
Tim Leary

Mansfield, OH

#9 Apr 19, 2013
Tim Leary wrote:
She sounds like she has that narcissistic personality disorder just like I do. I should take my meds tonight and ask her out. My blow up sex doll is all worn out from last night.
And the only thing I like more is to clean out the rest rooms at Haggerty's. I am a goon.
Been there

Erie, PA

#10 Apr 19, 2013
So many morons on this board...
Shanika

Mansfield, OH

#11 Apr 19, 2013
Been there wrote:
So many morons on this board...
Ok Mr. Alice groaner.
Former Downtown Bouncer

Erie, PA

#12 Apr 21, 2013
Shanika, are you one of her lesbian man hating friends or just an antagonist? Been there couldn't have been more spot on about her. I know, I used to work with her. The woman is certifiably nuts.
Shanika

Mansfield, OH

#13 Apr 22, 2013
Just an antagonist.
Actual Tim Leary

Elizabeth, NJ

#14 Apr 22, 2013
Sounds like another obnoxious barfly got shut off again. Don't feel bad, Glen Beck had the same problem before he got drunk on religion.
Actual Tim Leary

Mansfield, OH

#15 Apr 22, 2013
Shanika, when can I clean your toilet? Can you please leave me a few stools?
Real Tim Leary

Elizabeth, NJ

#16 Apr 22, 2013
Actual Tim Leary wrote:
Shanika, when can I clean your toilet? Can you please leave me a few stools?
you hae included dirty toilets in all your posts lately. Thanks for sharing your new disgusting fetish with us. Not.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Apr 22, 2013

Ask any eerie cop or fireman, the trick with her is to leave a $5.00 tip with each warm draft beer served.

You must be a cheap azz pos
Shanika

Mansfield, OH

#18 Apr 22, 2013
Real Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>you hae included dirty toilets in all your posts lately. Thanks for sharing your new disgusting fetish with us. Not.
You disgusin Mr Leary. Yur fetish not mine. We saw u with a stool in your butt.
some erie person

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Apr 23, 2013
I can not wait until you get in a situation where you actually need the help of one of these " overpaid"public servants to bail your nerdy ass out. All your regurtitated facts and worthless stats about "overpaid union public servants" really sickens me. Cops, firefighters, and teachers do not even make enough money to live in the bigger cities like Los Angeles or NYC. They usually commute from outside the city if anything. I am no fan of the unions but come on you actually think cops, firefighters , and teachers are overpaid. What is wrong with you???
some erie person

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Apr 23, 2013
Hey Tax No More why do you hate public servants so much???
some erie cop

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Apr 23, 2013
What is a cop, firefighter, and teacher in Erie worth to you jerkoff???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coming soon.....The Return 14 min Colin Cowherd 1
Coach Orlando beats down town drunk 18 min smells like a skunk 110
In brief: Edinboro University mum on absence of... 1 hr Humpty dablinski 5
Good Cents Grocery closing 1 hr ZUGZWANG 23
keep erie weird 4 hr blue pike 1
Snitch ohara 6 hr Kensherman 2
Tunnel to Presque Isle Planned 6 hr thom 2
JuliaAnn Calipo Fire at 235 East 32nd 8 hr Cheez Doodles 46
Who is this Mike Colegrande from Best Fitness? 14 hr Kaaaaa 33
Erie Co Farms 14 hr sunshine 6

Winter Storm Watch for Erie County was issued at February 28 at 2:54AM EST

Erie Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Erie People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:09 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:09PM
Reports: Browns still in the mix for Josh McCown
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
NFL 5:17 AM
Kiko Alonso will 'definitely' be 100 percent by camp
Yahoo! Sports 7:21 AM
Mad Dash: Rex Ryan now driving a huge Buffalo Bills truck
Yahoo! Sports 4:05 PM
Browns agree to terms with QB McCown